Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrick

How much can doomguy carry?

Hey, welcome back! Is it my impression or you've been missing for some time?

However, you're soon to be timelined, since someone already posted that in EE :-p

Unlimited, because he has access to hammerspace for his weapons.

You know, it looks like they are still only carring a few rockets.

Apparently doomguy carries everything without a backpack at first...but then he gets up to 100 rockets! WHAT

I've always wondered about the plasma cells. Those 100 boxes look really bulky...

What you NEVER see in a Doom game is CartGuy, the unknown hero of Doom.

He's marine dressed up just like Doomguy following him around (or even actually pushing him around) with a supermarket cart full of weapons and ammo. Only once the cart if full they do use a backpack, too.

That explains Doomguy's speed, too.

I guess when he picks up more than one helmet, he starts duck taping them all over as improvised armor. The radiation suit is probably really baggy so it can optionally fit over the armor since he puts it on so quick.

And we never see him going to the toilet, despite some PWADs so generously providing them.

Well, perhaps I'd too rather constipate myself than sitting on a raw concrete, boxy toilet with nukage, lava or blood in it.

Maes said:

What you NEVER see in a Doom game is CartGuy, the unknown hero of Doom.

Doomguy has a "patsy"?

EDIT: removed link

Maes said:

And we never see him going to the toilet, despite some PWADs so generously providing them.

Well, he clearly never eats and thus has no need to shit :P

Drinking all those health bonuses on the other hand...who knows

magicsofa said:

Well, he clearly never eats and thus has no need to shit :P

Drinking all those health bonuses on the other hand...who knows

His armor obviously have some kind of fecal container built into it, like astronaut suits.

Ahhh...so that explains why his pain sound sounds like someone taking a shit in reverse (fact, try it). He's trying to contain himself, even with all that pain.

For an even funnier effect, fire up vanilla Doom or a source port by limiting the number of sound channels to e.g. 3 or 4.

Get the chainsaw, select it, and place Doomguy into a damaging sector.

You will hear a series of brief, quenched, forced pain sounds that sound as if he's trying to pass some hard turds piece by piece.

DoomHero85 said:

Oh okay, so I guess when he wall humps looking for secrets, he's actually looking for a toilet, but never finds relief, just more crap to carry around.

NOW you get it!

Maes said:

For an even funnier effect, fire up vanilla Doom or a source port by limiting the number of sound channels to e.g. 3 or 4.

Get the chainsaw, select it, and place Doomguy into a damaging sector.

You will hear a series of brief, quenched, forced pain sounds that sound as if he's trying to pass some hard turds piece by piece.

Ew, thanks for the mental image. X(

Good thing he has that suit, then. :P
Someone should make a mod where Doomguy needs to do everything a normal human being has to; sleep, eat, shit and drink.

Vaporizer said:

And usually the amount of nukage/lava/blood is only 8 units down from the borders. Every time Doomguy would want to drop a shit he must dip ass in nukage/lava/blood.

So are you implying that Doomguy's ass cheeks somehow have a reach of 8 units? Or are you more worried about the splashing?