Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SYS

Brink DOOM preorder pack

Doom pre-order pack available for Bethesda's upcoming FPS Brink.

http://static.zenimax.com/bethblog/upload/2010/08/PreOrderPackDoom-withlegal.jpg

The DOOM Pack, available when you pre-order through GameStop, contains:

* Unique "Hellspawn" body tattoo
* Exclusive UAC (Security) and Cacodemon (Resistance) customized skins for the Bulpdaun SMG
* Exclusive UAC Marine Body Armor (Security) and Lost Soul Screaming Skull (Resistance) t-shirts
* Exclusive UAC beanie cap (Security) and DOOM bandana (Resistance)

Looks cool enough that I'd like those shirts in real life. I'm hoping brink will be as fun to move around in as mirror's edge, and hopefully with good weapon gameplay on top. I just wish there was a big singleplayer experience to go with it.

That green armor shirt is more comparable to the Quake 4 marine armor rather than the doom green armor, but meh. It all looks weird in general.

hervoheebo didn't say:
Wow, looks like a Doom hipster whigger.

FTFY

printz said:

Wow isn't idtech4 6 and a half years old?

Still looks and runs fine. Don't see the problem with it still being used.

As for the gear, everything but the "beanie" caps looks kind of cool. The UAC armor piece is definitely Doom 3 based, I don't know about the Quake IV idea.

Definitely getting this game now.

I wish all the players didn't look like a collection of gangsters though, haven't seen a single guy I'd want to play as in the game yet.

Ragnor said:

I wish all the players didn't look like a collection of gangsters though, haven't seen a single guy I'd want to play as in the game yet.

Can I have some money too? I have a few kilobytes I can give you.

Ragnor said:

They don't. From what I understand your character's appearance differs based on what side he's on. From what I understand the mercenaries or whatever the hell they are get real armor and shit whereas the resistance get makeshift armor.

Too bad for them the pre-order deals turn me off. I have enough stupid garbage that I prefer to be very picky about any new clutter I collect.

So from what I saw about this game so far it seems fairly interesting. However it being on idtech4 and being so multiplayer based worries me. I've never played an idtech4 game, even including quakewars, that had a netcode that seemed adequate to me. Not that I normally preorder things but I'm definitely not risking it on this game.

Craigs said:

They don't. From what I understand your character's appearance differs based on what side he's on. From what I understand the mercenaries or whatever the hell they are get real armor and shit whereas the resistance get makeshift armor.

Ive seen every single developer diary and trailer for this and both sides ALWAYS look like a collection of ragtag gangsters regardless of the side. Hopefully you can make yourself not look like that.

Ragnor said:

Ive seen every single developer diary and trailer for this and both sides ALWAYS look like a collection of ragtag gangsters regardless of the side. Hopefully you can make yourself not look like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo-AvcpdiI0
Try paying attention to the trailer this time. I counted at least three guys in fairly futuristic armor. In case you somehow missed them, here's a picture.
http://static.zenimax.com/bethblog/upload/2010/08/PreOrderPackSpecOps-withlegal.jpg

printz said:

Wow isn't idtech4 6 and a half years old?

And Id Tech 3 is 11-12 and still being used. (QL, COD) and Id Tech 2 is some 15-16 years and still being used (Source)

I'm a sucker for just about anything Doom related, but I don't know for sure if Brink's even going to be a good of successful game, so it's not really worth it.

I thought that when Bethesda and Id teamed up that would mean Bethesda stuck to RPGs and Id stuck to FPSs. In the immortal words of Uriel Septim VII, "WTF is this shit!?"

kristus said:

And Id Tech 3 is 11-12 and still being used. (QL, COD) and Id Tech 2 is some 15-16 years and still being used (Source)

And Id Tech 1 is 17-18 years old and still being used (Action Doom 2). :P