Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
iHaveToPee

I need help with mapinfo lump

I have solved several problems from my previous thread, however one more issue prevents me from finishing my levels.
Once I put a mapinfo lump and i give it the information according to this format:

map MAP01 lookup "HUSTR_1"
{
titlepatch = "CWILV00"
next = "MAP02"
secretnext = "MAP02"
sky1 = "SKY1"
cluster = 5
par = 30
music = "$MUSIC_RUNNIN"
}

or any other format mentioned in zdoom's mapinfo explaination, once I finish the level I don't see the screen that says "finished lvl X, kills % items % secrets % etc) it just continues to the next level.
How can I fix that problem? I'm a bit stuck because of this.

Now I see the screen with kills % items % and secrets % however I see the original level name.
For example I see the name "attempt" in the mini map however in the endlevel screen I see finished: enterway.
Tell me what is missing in this lump:

map MAP01 lookup "Attempt"
{
titlepatch = "CWILV00"
next = "MAP02"
secretnext = "MAP02"
sky1 = "SKY1"
cluster = 5
par = 30
music = "$MUSIC_RUNNIN"
}

iHaveToPee said:

For example I see the name "attempt" in the mini map however in the endlevel screen I see finished: enterway.
Tell me what is missing in this lump:

map MAP01 lookup "Attempt"
{
titlepatch = "CWILV00"

Did you provide a modified patch file named CWILV00 or not? I suppose you didn't. Vanilla Doom did not use a font to recreate level names, it used predefined graphics named WILVxx (Doom) or CWILVxx (Doom II).

Just remove the titlepatch line and ZDoom will generate the level name with a font instead of using a graphic patch.

Is "Attempt" a string in the LANGUAGE lump?

If you're not using custom graphics for your intermission level names, I wouldn't bother with the "lookup" or "titlepatch" parts.

Just use: map map01 "my map name"
It will automatically generate the names for the intermission and automap names.

Edit: Aw, damnit Gez.