Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sleepy_boy

Worst movie ever?

Spice World...don't ask my whay I saw it, I just had to.
Maybe I'll list more later. I'm too tired to think right now.

I don't remember. I was forced to see a few bad movies in school (movies with 'educational content').

Worst movie ever must be some shit I saw on tv last week, called "The Stupids"

I don't remember. I was forced to see a few bad movies in school (movies with 'educational content').

Heh, that reminds me about a movie I saw in contruction class yesterday. Ironically enough, the title of the move was "All about boring tools". Naturally, I was inclined to sleep through it.

Ironically enough, the title of the move was "All about boring tools".

Well...., that sounds.....really...BORING.
/Me falls asleep

1. American Psycho (destroyed my will to ever go to a theatre again)
2. The Matrix
3. The X-Files
4. Starship Troopers
5. The Ninth Gate

I'm sure there's more, but those are the first that come to mind. (I'm pretty good at blocking out bad memories.)

Worst movie ever must be some shit I saw on tv last week, called "The Stupids"

Oh lordy lord, I thought I forgotten about that forever. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR REMINDING ME.

While Starship Troopers was sorta ridiculous, it was also very amusing - it actually entertained me, so I wouldn't put it on my "worst movie" list..WAIT, I haven't GOT a "worst movie" list!

Aliens is among my all-time fav movies.
Why? Because it has so much in common with the Doom theme and it r0x0rs!

Fod: I'm curious, what made it so bad (I haven't seen this movie - never heard of it before)?

2. The Matrix

Get you head checked, NOW.

Anyway, my list consists of:

-Unbreakable
-Kung Pow: Enter the Fist (haven't even seen it yet)
-Road Trip
-Anything Disney
-Anything rated "G"

The list goes on, but I don't have time right now.

This is my choice for runner up. I hated it.

What you say?!?

I said I hated it. flame me if you want, but Holy Grail was ALOT better.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show is the Worst Film ever!!!!1!

Fod: I'm curious, what made it so bad (I haven't seen this movie - never heard of it before)?

It was just sooooo , and do not take this the wrong way, AMERICAN, it was all "we are the green berets, the finest fighting force in the world" and the song...the song... was absofuckinglutely the worst...Fod has to go get a copy to prove it;
Fighting soldiers from the sky,
Fearless men who jump and die.
Men who mean just what they say,
The brave men of The Green Beret.
Silver wings upon their chests,
These are men, America's best,
One hundred men we'll test today,
But only three win The GreenBeret.

Trained to live off nature's land,
Trained in combat, hand to hand.
Men who fight by night and day,
Courage take from The Green Beret.

Silver wings upon their chests,
These are men, America's best,
One hundred men we'll test today,
But only three win The Green Beret.

Back at home a young wife waits,
Her Green Beret has met his fate.
He has died for those oppressed.
Leaving her this last request.
Put silver wings on my son's chest,
Make him one of America's best,
He'll be a man they'll test one day,
Have him win The Green Beret.

It was just too much for the time, 1968/70 ish, I was anti-Vietnam, and in Cambodia...don't get me started :)

[url=http://www.crossroadsmovie.com/CROSSROADS = WORST MOTHERFUCKING MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!$#*#^%&(^%&(^%&*(@%^&(%^*&%^@&(^&(%#^(&^@&*^&&&!@^***!!%*!%&!$%@$^$@&##%^!^%#^*$&!@#@#!&$&#&^!&@#$^$&!&!&&$&$@^&&&&@$^$&^[/url]

/me dies from just seeing an add for that fucking movie

Aliens is among my all-time fav movies.

It would be for me if the action shots weren't so damn short. You practically have to freezeframe each scene to take in the scenery. Not very entertaining.

Heh, I love how the link to IMDb provides a review that is the total opposite of the one given :P

Get you head checked, NOW.

Bah. I could go on for hours about how it is the worst movie of 1999 and that I've ever seen besides the X-Files, but in short, here is my problem with it; shitty FX, horrible cast, idiot directors, storyline that a 3rd grader could do a better job with. All the effects were either very crappy (the elevator explosion, a $50 rendering program could do a better fire job than that) or very overdone (like how there just happened to be lightning when he climbed out of that pod). There's times when you can't see their shadows, when the walls look like they were drawn with a 4-color palette, and you can see all kinds of cheap processing filters they used. The slow-mo was decent, that's about it. Most of the set design was crappy and the decent looking scenes only lasted about 3 or 4 seconds. The story was absolute crap. It's like, they have this OK idea, but they didn't know what to do with it, so they just made the last 7/8 of the movie action and bad FX filler. The best plot twist they can come up with is that bald white guy wanting to get back into the Matrix. And that kiss. Pitiful. With an incomplete ending to top it off. I don't mind open endings, but incomplete I can't deal with. They didn't even find Zion. What the hell was that about? (Apparently there's planned sequels, but every movie should stand on it's own.) There should have been a lot more leading up to the wake up scene than the little they had. And there just plain should have been some plot after that. Lawrence Fishburne was the only actor who somewhat fit the role he was hired to portray, I don't know what the rest of the cast is doing in that movie. That was the most disappointing and uninspired movie I can ever remember seeing. One of the worst non-low-budget films of the century. I can't see that movie having more than a $10mil budget. Complete lack of any content what so ever.

Heh, I love how the link to IMDb provides a review that is the total opposite of the one given :P

The modern review is good, but look at original:

Judged as "a prelude to American Imperialism" by student, anti-war Vietnam protesters; Concluded as "unrealistic" by junior-enlisted, non-Special Forces Vietnam vet grunts; And shunned by the predominantly liberal Academy of Motion Pictures

It would be for me if the action shots weren't so damn short. You practically have to freezeframe each scene to take in the scenery. Not very entertaining.

It's called using your imagination, Lüt. My stepmom always bitches about these "modern" action scenes and visual/special effects. She says they take away a person's use of imagination when watching the film.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show is the Worst Film ever!!!!1!

Just be glad my best friend and this guy I hang with at school didn't read that just now :)

shitty FX, horrible cast

I'll say it again...get your head checked to make sure you're not mental. If not, the mothership's calling, man.

It's called using your imagination, Lüt. My stepmom always bitches about these "modern" action scenes and visual/special effects. She says they take away a person's use of imagination when watching the film.

The reason I watch movies and read books is to see what's in other people's imaginations.

I'll say it again...get your head checked to make sure you're not mental. If not, the mothership's calling, man.

Well, I dunno what to say. I've seen enough good special effects that the Matrix's looked totally silly.

The reason I watch movies and read books is to see what's in other people's imaginations.

A valid argument, but is it not also fun to think of things yourself so you won't be disappointed when the 'effects' are bad? My stepmom thought this, not me.

Well, I dunno what to say. I've seen enough good special effects that the Matrix's looked totally silly.

Don't hate a movie just because the effects are bad. You'll be terribly disappointed in the end. That's like saying you hate a game just because the graphics aren't modern or some conformist shit like that. I for one hate a movie only if it's so stupid that not even the average man in the street would like it (the art of it, basically).