Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nysyarc

E1M7 100% items, HELP!

Some of you may have heard this before (and I'm hoping you have) because it seems like a common problem. I'm playing Ultimate Doom on the XBox 360 and trying to get 100% completion for all maps on Ultra-Violence. I'm on E1M7, Computer Station, and I have 100% kills/100% secrets, but I can't seem to find the last 2% items (stuck at 98%).

Looking through the leader boards it seems like there are well over a thousand other players who also got stuck at 98%, so there must be some hidden place on the map with some armor bonuses or something that nobody seems to be able to find. The top scores for the map do have 100% items, so it's possible, I've just searched this map inside-out and can't find anything.

If any of you have had this problem before and figured it out, please help me out, I am stuck and frustrated like I haven't been with a game in years.

I was disappointed to discover that Doom gives me no extra rewards for completing an episode at 100% score.

Theres a random helmet in the nukage to the left in the area where the big pillar comes down to reveal enemies, if you jump off to the left theres backpacks and stuff there. That was always my last item to find, because its ONE helmet in the nukage.

Maybe this is what your looking for?

Printz, in this version, your score is saved to the leaderboards, I was 122 in the world by the end of the game with maxed scores in each level (Where possible) :p

Thanks guys, I actually found the one I was missing though; it was an armor bonus in a room near the exit and it was hidden by the corpse of a sergeant I'd killed, lol.

And yah I'm mainly doing it to get ahead of a few of my friends who play the game and have done really well on the leaderboards. I have yet to do Episode 4 or the last two missions of Inferno, and I'm currently ranked 2567th overall. I got 269th at Tower of Babel, which I think is my best placing.

The only thing I dislike about the leaderboards system is that the time you take to complete it doesn't count for a lot of the maps. So for example I got around 10:00 on one map to get 100% completion, and then I went back to try and improve my time. I got something like 4:00 after a few re-tries but it didn't save it because it wasn't any better than my 10:00 run as far as score goes.

Time does count; I have a HUGE score on Dis because I got did the one-hit-BFG trick and ended the level with 100% kills in like a minute, it added on to the normal score

(normally you get 10000 score for getting 100% killsm, items and secrets on UV, a good time on top of that gets bonus points apparantly. Even higher score for Nightmare, but fuck that joke of a difficulty)

Ragnor said:

Even higher score for Nightmare, but fuck that joke of a difficulty)

Nightmare's cool :) you just have to play DOOM in an entirely different way. In fact, one of the most challenging modes of play, I think, is to get 100% items in Nightmare. That way, you have to visit even more parts of the map than with NM100S.

Terra-jin said:

Nightmare's cool :) you just have to play DOOM in an entirely different way. In fact, one of the most challenging modes of play, I think, is to get 100% items in Nightmare. That way, you have to visit even more parts of the map than with NM100S.

Even better: nightmare with 100% secrets, 100% items and >=100% kills. I find NM or NM100s speedruns disappointing because often they're nothing more than well-planned escape routes with no combat whatsoever.

Personally, I love trying to beat maps legit without just running away in NM. I think NM is closer to how monsters would actually act. They see you and start firing and don't stop until you're dead. None of that shoot, walk, shoot crap. Anyway, I did an NM100S reality of pc_sndy.wad map 01.

printz said:

Even better: nightmare with 100% secrets, 100% items and >=100% kills. I find NM or NM100s speedruns disappointing because often they're nothing more than well-planned escape routes with no combat whatsoever.

I agree, although some maps are simply impossible to play the legit way... I usually play DOOM1 ep 2 and 3, because these maps are pretty doable in Nightmare. You don't need elaborate escape routes and luck to complete them.

What I really like to do is getting 100% secrets and items, then make my way to the exit - and when I reach the switch or linedef I don't actually exit the level, but toggle respawn off and go back to the map to clean up any remaining monsters.
For this to work, you have to actually play UV with -fast and -respawn, or else you can't disable respawning mid-play.

Nysyarc said:

Some of you may have heard this before (and I'm hoping you have) because it seems like a common problem. [...]

Yes, getting a 100% Items score on E1M7 has been a burr on the saddle of item hunters for years.
Here's a 100%-Items video, should the issue ever come up again...