Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Solarn

Quake!

I didn’t have this bug, I finished all of the three Quake games with DarkPlaces, but maybe with another version than yours.

neg!ke said:

Chthon does indeed predict your movement on Hard skill and throw his lava balls in your way. This only makes him marginally harder though. Funny glitch: if you move straight towards him right as he's about to throw, you'll find that he throws the lava ball to the back.

printz: Yes, Quaddicted is the ultimate source for SP maps. I can only recommend everyone who enjoys the game to check out some of the Excellent and Nice-rated ones there. Like with Doom, there's been amazing custom content over the years.

As for Chthon as a regular monsters, I can't think of any map that does it in the way you describe (it would require a mod to do it properly). However, there are shootable Chthon boss fights in Beyond Belief and in my Red Slammer on Hard. And, although I'm not sure if they are actual Chthons, This Onion has non-boss lava-type monsters.

There are 3 mini cthons on dissolution of eternity, I am not sure if that counts, but they are shootable for once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyEJrYG87og This video shows them in all their glory, they are not hard to kill though.

When i as a kid i hated Doom, Quake was the game i would run from school just to play.

The Quake guy just looks bad ass.

I love Quake. In fact, I love it a lot. Had it not been for Doom, this would of been THE game to play. I have little to quarrel regarding it, as virtually everything seems perfect to me, nitpicking aside. It's surprising to think it was id's most troubled game, and isn't exactly what Romero had in mind. In the end, it's a Doom 2.5 that I enjoy booting up now and again, and there's a quite a number of great maps for it. I'm saddened that mapping for it has ceased since 2003 or whenever it was that I don't recall anything new being released on PlanetQuake. This was the site I used to go to for Q1 SP maps.

BurningCadavre said:

I'm saddened that mapping for it has ceased since 2003 or whenever it was that I don't recall anything new being released on PlanetQuake.

I'm 102% sure that Quake mapping continues today; isn't it more logical to think that PlanetQuake stopped posting updates? If newstuff chronicles disappear, would you think that Doom mapping had ceased?

@Clonehunter: Yes, it's a TC for Quake, and something of an expansion of the original Quake's otherwise minimal story. Also includes 3.5(!) hour machinma movie explaining the backstory.

tempun said:

I'm 102% sure that Quake mapping continues today; isn't it more logical to think that PlanetQuake stopped posting updates? If newstuff chronicles disappear, would you think that Doom mapping had ceased?

Indeed Quake mapping is alive. One just has to check Func_Msgboard ---> http://www.celephais.net/board/news.php

KwadDamyj said:

@Clonehunter: Yes, it's a TC for Quake, and something of an expansion of the original Quake's otherwise minimal story. Also includes 3.5(!) hour machinma movie explaining the backstory.

Yes, Nehahra was awesome! The machinima was about as entertaining as my washing machine manual though. I made it through about 10.54 minutes before I felt so sick with boredom I actually left the house. That took some doing, 2001~ ish.

Ahhh Nehahra I do remember playing so many ages ago and enjoying it much. Good stuff and tempting to seek out for a replay.