Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whoo

Dead Space 2 (Thoughts)

With Dead Space 2 coming out on the 25th, and no topic here on Doomworld, I decided to create one to get everyone's thoughts on what they've seen so far. For starters, here is the (rather awful) launch trailer:

This one is coming out for all systems at the same time, but to me it appears that Visceral put consoles way over PC in priority during development (For example: both public demos were never released to PC, although the MP demo wasn't released on Xbox either.) I pre-ordered it months ago, so I'm hoping that it will be worth the money.

The impression I got from the trailer: Isaac suddenly wishes he was Commander Shepard.

yeah, that trailer is horrible. it looks like they are going for more action and less horror.
i really liked the original but this just looks crap.

Big developers just shit on PC and that's the reality, even Epic Games which started on PCs (oh god). Not only they didn't port Gears of War 2 but also they made DEMO NOT FOR PC but only consoles. What the fuck man. Okay I did play the DS2 demo on my ps3 and I can tell some changes.

First off, the control scheme is way better now because you can actually move and shoot at the same time now. Second, it's not much scarier than first one from what i've played but then again, demos never do games justice unless it IS a well done one. Third which I hate, there are quick-time sequences. Oh fuck that.

Yeah, I have to agree with the posts here. I've been considering canceling my pre-order, as the last few trailers and "good news" updates from Visceral have looked like shit.

Whoo said:

This one is coming out for all systems at the same time, but to me it appears that Visceral put consoles way over PC in priority during development (For example: both public demos were never released to PC, although the MP demo wasn't released on Xbox either.) I pre-ordered it months ago, so I'm hoping that it will be worth the money.

Same as with the first then.
First game failed so hard I don't have any reason to care about this tripe.

lol, so Issac became like a decade younger and turned into Jake Gyllenhaal. Whatever, the 90's kid in me kind of dug the trailer.

Picking this up day one.

Likewise, I want to try the demo before I make a solid decision to buy it...and the movement controls better fucking not be fixed to WASD like the first game (had to use hex edited cfg to get around that)! An arrow key guy should not be tormented into using that!

I prefer this trailer for Dead Space 2 personally:

Though I'm gonna skip out on it. I wasn't impressed with the first Dead Space.

Mr. Chris said:

Likewise, I want to try the demo before I make a solid decision to buy it...and the movement controls better fucking not be fixed to WASD like the first game (had to use hex edited cfg to get around that)! An arrow key guy should not be tormented into using that!

I wasn't even aware people still used arrow keys for games anymore.

Big developers just shit on PC and that's the reality, even Epic Games which started on PCs (oh god).

I lol everytime I hear this, and I can't help but imagine how many 360 players are saying the same thing about PC users while they spend like 5 minutes at a loading screen for Mass Effect, or the fact that they don't get dedicated server support for L4D2 like PC users.

Craigs said:

I lol everytime I hear this, and I can't help but imagine how many 360 players are saying the same thing about PC users while they spend like 5 minutes at a loading screen for Mass Effect, or the fact that they don't get dedicated server support for L4D2 like PC users.

To make it even more funny. Even PC will have a better year than 360 when it comes to exclusives, now that's something. Microsoft absolutely shits on gamers that bought their shit in first place. I mean c'mon, the only decent exclusive coming is Gears of Wars 3. The rest is Kinect-brain-burners. Note: Valve shat on PS3/360 versions of Orange Box entirely as they gave the job to EA, which fucked up the job and we know the rest.

PS. Let's not derail this topic. An another topic for this matter seperately would be way better off.