Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Magnum Express

Doom Builder 2 Resource Problems (PLEASE HELP!!!!)

Whenever Doom Builder 2 loads my resources, I get several errors concerning custom weapons, monsters, and ammo. The messages appear like this:

"Unable to find the DECORATE class 'Weapon' to inherit fom, while parsing 'Colt45'."

"Unable to find the DECORATE class 'Ammo' to inherit from, while parsing 'Gas'."

The odd thing is that I didn't do anything to these parts of the DECORATE lumps. Another thing to note is that these messages started to appear after I had changed my game configuration from ZDoom (Doom in Hexen format) to Skulltag (Doom in Hexen Format). I have no clue what is wrong, so if anyone has a solution, please state it, as I would like to get back to modding ASAP.

If it isn't broke then don't try to fix it.

Whey switch to skulltag anyway? If zdoom (doom in hexen format) works fine and it has every feature that you need why change it?

What I have noticed from my modding is that different game types (skulltag, zdoom, gzdoom, jdoom etc) all use different ways of expressing programming in decorate files.

Basically, what was right in zdoom is now wrong in skulltag.

Usually it will have something to do with the main first few lines of the decroate file. Though I'm not specifically sure.

SOLUTION: Go back to zdoom. It really is the best and most classic way to keep doom... Doom.

Add zdoom.pk3 (or skulltag.pk3, I guess?) to the auto-loaded resources for the Skulltag in Hexen format configuration in DB2, and it should work as expected.

Alphawolf said:

Go back to zdoom. It really is the best and most classic way to keep doom... Doom.

LOL wat

Alphawolf said:

SOLUTION: Go back to zdoom. It really is the best and most classic way to keep doom... Doom.

Maybe if you like not being compatible with Doom.

Check the DECORATE to see if it has no errors such as a missplaced { or an invalid flag!
If it's all clear, just open it with ZD not ST!
Should work

Alphawolf said:

"Best" is very subjective, but for "most classic", I'd say the actual way would be to use the original exe.

Fisk said:

Maybe if you like not being compatible with Doom.

I wonder what definition of "compatible" you're using.

The problem is most likely that the Skulltag config isn't reading all the ZDoom base actors while the ZDoom one is. If you test the WAD with Skulltag and there's no warnings or errors, it'll be fine.