Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
iHaveToPee

Question about prboom[-plus]

Hey,
I saw in several speedruns in youtube that once you find a secret while playing on prboom the secret sound is different than the usual sound.
I know that this is prboom, however I don't know which version is this and i'm looking for a version with that sound for ages.

For those who gonna ask which sound do I mean:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2n68cxeRVI
in 0:59 he arrives to a secret area with a megasphere.
I got prboom 2.5.0.8 if it helps.

iHaveToPee said:

I know that this is prboom, however I don't know which version is this

prboom-plus 2.5.0.5 for example.

iHaveToPee said:

i'm looking for a version with that sound for ages

Current prboom-plus plays DSSECRET lump from prboom-plus.wad. You can change it to any.

iHaveToPee said:

There is an ability to right click and "Copy video URL at current time":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2n68cxeRVI&feature=player_detailpage#t=54s

What entryway said. Open any IWAD in Slade 3 and find the DSITMBK entry. That's the sound items make when respawning in DM 2.0 (AKA -altdeath). Replace the DSSECRET entry in prboom-plus.wad with it.

And now write

I will never call prBoom-plus "prboom" again
400 times.

I guess that I wouldn't call it "prboom" anymore :D well I returned to play doom several months ago, the last time I played doom since then was when there was nothing better than doom95 and I didn't even know what are pwads :D

Finally I found this secret sound, now I looked for it with XWE and I can't find the file, I attempt to transfer it to the lastest version because "next level" option doesn't work for me on 2.5.0.5

Well, XWE didn't find it so SLADE3 would, going to find it now, ty for the help!

Pretty sure that was just DSITEMBK which is normally used for item respawning :> It used to confuse me when I heard it in demos on youtube which didn't also display the text message. I was like, "how'd they get item respawning turned on..."

Maybe they used Doom95 with -weirdo? ;)
It's definitely DSITMBK, I just checked again. There's a reason why I said "use Slade 3" and not something else: XWE will mangle up the sound on transfer.

Doom doesn't make a sound or give any indication when you find a secret, so what do you consider the "usual" sound exactly?

Never_Again said:

And now write

I will never call prBoom-plus "prboom" again
400 times.

First, you write

I will never call PrBoom-Plus "prBoom-plus" again
800 times.

Right after you write

Undead software that feeds off the blood of the living is evil and should have an ash stake driven through its putrid heart.
Once should be enough.