Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Csonicgo

Rubber: Probably The Best Movie Ever Made

Recommended Posts

Ladies and Gentlemen, the best movie trailer to the best movie ever made.



This is pure genius.
If you doubt, you just aren't aware of it yet.

Share this post


Link to post

Heh when I read the title thread I thought it was about condoms -_-;

Anyway, after watching that trailer I can't comment weather to say thats its the most retarded idea for a movie or the most awesome. Ether way I still going to see it when it comes out.

Share this post


Link to post
imp1979 said:

Don't know why it revers back to the natural rubber page, I copied and pasted the web address of the 2010 film named rubber.

Yeah, it does that.

Share this post


Link to post

In California, an audience watches a tyre through binoculars. The tyre is named Robert and has come to life. The tyre eventually starts going on a killing spree.

Well, wikipedia just gave me the entire point to the movie and now I don't even have to inquire as to how much of a waste of time and money it would be to watch this. I'd call that a success.

Share this post


Link to post

If the movie was called Deez Nuts and instead of a tire it was a pair of nuts rolling around, I'd be slightly more interested.

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry. I don't do liking things in an ironic way; the things I like are awesome for real.

Share this post


Link to post

Kinda creepy, but I guess that inexpressive sentient tyres can't be too cute. Will it kill that girl in the end (and finish the movie unscathed)?

Share this post


Link to post
Xeros612 said:

Well, wikipedia just gave me the entire point to the movie and now I don't even have to inquire as to how much of a waste of time and money it would be to watch this. I'd call that a success.


Plot summaries can really be a double-edged knife. I recall that I had refused to go watch Jurassic Park in the theater after it came out, and for several years after, just because I had seen a 5-page photonovel condensation of its story.

Share this post


Link to post
Xeros612 said:

Well, wikipedia just gave me the entire point to the movie and now I don't even have to inquire as to how much of a waste of time and money it would be to watch this. I'd call that a success.

Well, you don't know what is going to happen to the alien tyre by the end of the movie -- will it be destroyed, will it fall into hibernation of an indeterminate time (back to an inanimate object), will it stop being homicidal/omnicidal, will it be happy to just attach itself to a car...

Seriously, why all the hate and skepticism? I understand if the reason is bad acting and directing, but otherwise the plot is quite original and its basic idea doesn't have to be scientifically explained. Sheesh.

Share this post


Link to post

It kinda reminds me of Maximum Overdrive. It's about time someone makes a stupidly entertaining movie. I was scared the b-movie genre was lost years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Maes said:

I had refused to go watch Jurassic Park in the theater after it came out, and for several years after, just because I had seen a 5-page photonovel condensation of its story.


And since VHS had planned obsolescence, the market was filled with the web 2.0 of movie formats, DVD, where they like to spoil the entire movie on the background of the title screen before you figure out how to turn off widescreen commentary with subtitles and deleted scenes mode (All deleted scenes were created deliberately to trick Joe Walmart into buying it with 'bonus' material) and press play. I wouldn't be surprised if the star wars dvd had the scene where darth vader says "i am your father" play in the background immediately.

Share this post


Link to post
printz said:

Well, you don't know what is going to happen to the alien tyre by the end of the movie -- will it be destroyed, will it fall into hibernation of an indeterminate time (back to an inanimate object), will it stop being homicidal/omnicidal, will it be happy to just attach itself to a car...

Seriously, why all the hate and skepticism? I understand if the reason is bad acting and directing, but otherwise the plot is quite original and its basic idea doesn't have to be scientifically explained. Sheesh.

I know well enough that it's going to be much like most modern horror movies: the characters are too dumb to think of obvious ways to take care of the situation and just end up running around, screaming, and dying.

Share this post


Link to post
Xeros612 said:

I know well enough that it's going to be much like most modern horror movies: the characters are too dumb to think of obvious ways to take care of the situation and just end up running around, screaming, and dying.

Well honestly, how many people would know how to handle a psychic homicidal tire?

Share this post


Link to post
Lüt said:

Well honestly, how many people would know how to handle a psychic homicidal tire?

Snipe it.

Share this post


Link to post
Lüt said:

Well honestly, how many people would know how to handle a psychic homicidal tire?

Tires do not hand hands, and cannot manipulate door knobs. A tire of that size, sans wheel, of course, doesn't really have a lot of mass and would not realistically be able to smash it's way through a solid door.

Snow would not work because it is a single tire and not a 2000 pound vehicle. Snow itself actually provides good traction provided it is not layered on top of ice or you do not compact it into ice.

Share this post


Link to post
printz said:

Snipe it.

It has no vital points.

Quast said:

Tires do not hand hands, and cannot manipulate door knobs. A tire of that size, sans wheel, of course, doesn't really have a lot of mass and would not realistically be able to smash it's way through a solid door.

Bullets don't have much mass either. Even without the pointed tip, there's something to be said for momentum, and if the trailer's any indication, that setting has plenty of space to get a rolling start.

Share this post


Link to post
Lüt said:

Bullets don't have much mass either. Even without the pointed tip, there's something to be said for momentum, and if the trailer's any indication, that setting has plenty of space to get a rolling start.

Most kinds of bullets travel at roughly 2000 mph though... Also, the tire has no obvious energy source aside from momentum, so it would need a fairly large hill to roll down, however it would most certainly reach terminal velocity well before 2000 mph.

Share this post


Link to post
Mr. Freeze said:

Just light it on fire. Bam, instant melted rubber shit everywhere.

What if it was like the T-800 and it's chard steel belt continues to chase.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×