Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
imp1979

Battle: Los Angeles

Just thought if any of you have not seen this trailer, YOU MUST. I think the movie looks amazing. But I did think the same of the NIN trailer for Terminator Salvation, and that movie disappointed me to say the least, but still..

Ugh, horrible modern day "we need to put this shit in every movie" color correction, shaky handcam style on most of the shots in the trailer, and an atrocious sounding soundtrack near the end. (I mean really, is that shitty autotune effect played over the orchestral part really necessary?) Beyond that it doesn't look too bad.

Oh hey, something actually worth looking at.

Long as there's not too much sappy drama, it could be great.

Then again, probably anything's great after Skyline.

And at least the new trailer has more than just that awful song playing the entire time. If I found out that was the actual movie score I'd have to execute the producers.

Meh. Looked at the director's filmography and it blows pretty hardcore. I like Aaron Eckhart and all, but only when he's in the right role (Thank You For Smoking, Harvey Dent, etc.). My guess is this'll be closer to Skyline than District 9.

Updated I-Day? Throw in shitload of action, blood and gore, good music, awesome weapons (50. Cal, Browning PLEASE) and maybe a little Arnie. Got yourself a deal.

Reminds me of the trailer for Skyline and that turned out to be a massive pile of wank. It's probably just the age-old ploy of showing you all the best bits in the trailer so that you assume it's going to be a good film.

That said, I'm going to completely contradict myself and say that Sucker Punch looks fantastically over the top and awesome:

I got halfway through that trailer. Over utilized speed up/slow down! technique + inappropriate use of classic rock tune screamed Zack Snyder. Lame.

Partition36 said:

Hmm, I'm not totally sold on it. There's some definite promise there, but it feels like an updated Independence Day.

What promise? A trailer showing soldiers shooting stuff offscreen and people running around is promise?

No, THIS is promise http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDNDQLP3bPI

Sure, the movie itself is a bit corny, but it was still fun to watch. The thing is, the trailer itself rocked, and modern trailers suck balls and I'm seriously tired of it.

edit: Wake me up when The Hobbit trailer is released

Mr. Freeze said:

Isn't this the Skyline sequel? I hated that film.

No. The same people who did the special effects for Skyline did the effects for this movie though. With Skyline I was able to already tell the movie sucked just by the acting scenes shown in the trailer. It was exactly what I expected, a Sci Fi original movie with top grade special effects.

Now that I think of it...

How much do you want to bet that Michelle Rodriguez's character ends up dying in this movie?

From what I can see in the trailer, the invading aliens deploy ground forces. I don't think I've ever seen that in an alien invasion movie. It always air strikes in space ships.