Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kelzam

Duke Nukem Forever - Release Date

Cool. I'd even buy it. I hope it doesn't have shit-easy game symptoms like regeneration or compulsory autosave.

printz said:

Cool. I'd even buy it. I hope it doesn't have shit-easy game symptoms like regeneration or compulsory autosave.

It has had QT events in some game play vids.

Well, seems I won't need to link to the Something Awful "preview screenshots" for this one ;-)

Lizardcommando said:

WORLD'S SUPPLY OF BOOZE: if Duke Nukem Forever is released!!!

The new trailer is full of Awesome.

Unfortunately it's got regenerating health, but it looks like it has the potential to be really fun. I'm just looking for 90's DN3D style gameplay. Shoot now, think later carnage.

FooAtari said:

The new trailer is full of Awesome.

Unfortunately it's got regenerating health...

From what I gather, this is misleading, as you gain "ego" by killing enemies, pulling off feats, and peeing, I guess. Unlike games that make you duck behind cover.

I hope this game is good, the trailer looks promising, but I need to actually finish DN3D first.

Yep, it has the ego system, like in Duke Nukem and of the Babes. You gain ego by doing cool stuff e.g. saving babes, killing enemies, picking up Duke's biography etc.

Doomhuntress said:

Mandatory buy for the 360. Looks fucking awesome.

Duke is laughing at you for playing with inferior technology, not that he really cares because it's all about money and boobs.

Aliotroph? said:

Duke is laughing at you for playing with inferior technology, not that he really cares because it's all about money and boobs.

Well, it's not like my shitty PC could ever handle the game, so the 360 is the only way to go for me.

ITT: Everybody is illiterate.

DNF's regenerating health is fueled by Duke's "Ego Meter", a meter that replenishes every time Duke kills monsters, saves women, drinks, etc. You wont be able to just hide behind a rock and regain all of your health.

Or you can keep on thinking that Duke just turned into CoD. Whatever you'd like.

If I understand correctly, it's just like the Ego system in Manhattan Project, which I thought had a good level of challenge.

Maes said:

Well, seems I won't need to link to the Something Awful "preview screenshots" for this one ;-)

The glossy bloom effect still bothers me. In fact, I think it dates the graphics.

But, fuck graphics! Duke 3D was behind a generation and it rocked-out with it's cock out.

Technician said:

The glossy bloom effect still bothers me. In fact, I think it dates the graphics.

But, fuck graphics! Duke 3D was behind a generation and it rocked-out with it's cock out.

literally.

Mr. Freeze said:

ITT: Everybody is illiterate.

DNF's regenerating health is fueled by Duke's "Ego Meter", a meter that replenishes every time Duke kills monsters, saves women, drinks, etc. You wont be able to just hide behind a rock and regain all of your health.

That could work.