Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kelzam

Duke Nukem Forever - Release Date

Ultraboy94 said:

I'm now looking forward to this (as long as it does get released). I don't care if all they did was remake Duke Nukem 3D, I'm picking this up after watching that trailer.

There is this gearbox-approved Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded coming, too.

I'm torn on the cover art. It looks ugly... but if the intention was to be a parody of every action movie/video game of this last decade... Mission Accomplished. It's a brilliant parody but a terrible cover.

Johnatone said:

It figures this would come out right after I lose my computer and am in no financial posistion for the next year to be buying a new one. Ugh. At least it's finally almost here.

You think that's bad?

I don't have electricity.

Hey, a release date... Wow....

And a new trailer.... Awsome.

"What about the game Duke? Was it anygood?"

"Well after 12 fucking years it should be."

lol

They should have used this one:

I know that the new box looks fresher, heh heh it looks like the gun's his dick and all that but the ultimate irony and in time truth of "ALWAYS BET ON DUKE" can't be beat.

Captain Toenail said:

That new boxart is thugly. Luckily it will probably be changed

Tell me about it...

Every time an "epic" game comes out, it's accompanied with a "kickass" trailer that's meant to make us "pumped" to the max.

I can't help but feel all the excitement and desire just drain out of my chest, down my legs, and out through my feet when I watch trailers like these. Am I alone in this? I constantly pine for a video game that holds substance over style, fun over graphics, and the player's decisions over the storyline. I see nothing in the trailer that would lead me to believe this is the case. For me, it's just a never-ending treadmill of wishing and waiting.

AndrewB said:

Every time an "epic" game comes out, it's accompanied with a "kickass" trailer that's meant to make us "pumped" to the max.

I can't help but feel all the excitement and desire just drain out of my chest, down my legs, and out through my feet when I watch trailers like these. Am I alone in this?

It usually drains out through my groin before it gets to my feet, but yeah, I know what you mean.

DoomUK said:

I prefer the old one. I'm a sucker for the prosaic and minimalistic.

that one looks gruesomely good

the Duke Nuke Forever cover for PC mentioned in here is just ... DoucheNukem...

Phobus said:

I like the look of the cover myself - it largely sums up what Duke is all about to me.

Which is, as Scuba nearly said, a brilliant parody, but a terrible character.

Duke just looks goofy with that stupid grin, and he appears to be ten years younger than usual. :/

The original cover is x10 times cooler IMO, if a bit dated now.

That cover is... odd, to say the least. Actually, it's pretty terrible. Duke doesn't look cool at all, he looks too laid back and relaxed.
As CT said, the original cover art makes Duke look badass.

Captain Toenail said:

Duke just looks goofy with that stupid grin, and he appears to be ten years younger than usual. :/

He looks a bit like Johnny Bravo and I wouldn't call that a bad thing.

Snakes said:

Whether real or not, my friend and I made a bet 2 years ago whether DNF or Dr. Dre's Detox would be released first. Both of us are pretty much sure-fire that we aren't going to win that bet (my money's on Detox). They've both reached the point of a punchline, and fuck... they're both so old that when it actually gets released, I won't care.

It's funny how these 2 are supposed to be released within 2 weeks of each other... Detox is scheduled on 4/20 (derp). Honestly don't care about that anymore. The Duke trailer, on the other hand... I'll have to give a try on a computer that isn't a dinosaur.

AndrewB said:

I can't help but feel all the excitement and desire just drain out of my chest, down my legs, and out through my feet when I watch trailers like these. Am I alone in this? I constantly pine for a video game that holds substance over style, fun over graphics, and the player's decisions over the storyline. I see nothing in the trailer that would lead me to believe this is the case. For me, it's just a never-ending treadmill of wishing and waiting.

I have a feeling that epic trailers are also attempts to hide how the shitty the game might actually be.

This may not be true but it's plausible considering that todays FPS games are diminishing in quality.

But people do judge by reviews. Users who left comments on Youtube

Well now there's your problem. They seriously ought to make people provide a print out of their youtube commenting track record before they allow them to vote, drive or breed.