Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
bgraybr

Whats wrong with this DECORATE?

I made a little DECORATE weapon using a video of my fist, when I load zdoom, there's no errors. However, when the game starts I have no weapons and cannot attack.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dy8lvrl5vqdy0vw
^wad^

ACTOR M_Player : Doomplayer replaces Doomplayer
{
	Player.startitem "M_Fist"
	Player.WeaponSlot 1, M_Fist
}

ACTOR M_Fist : Weapon replaces Fist
{
	States
	{
	Ready:
		MFST A 1
		Loop
	Deselect: 
		MFST A 1 A_Lower 
                Loop 
	Select: 
		MFST A 1 A_Raise 
		Loop
	Fire:
		MFST BCDE 1
		MFST FG 2 A_Punch
		MFST GFEDCB 2
		MFST A 5 A_ReFire
		Goto Ready
	}
}

The replaces keyword is useless in both of these places. It only affects actors that are physically spawned in the map, like an imp or an evil eye symbol.

It does not affect a weapon like the fist, since it is never spawned. It does not affect player classes, because they are chosen before the map is even loaded.

Don't have the time for looking at the file in depth, but I wanted to say that anyway.

Gez said:

The replaces keyword is useless in both of these places. It only affects actors that are physically spawned in the map, like an imp or an evil eye symbol.

It does not affect a weapon like the fist, since it is never spawned. It does not affect player classes, because they are chosen before the map is even loaded.

Don't have the time for looking at the file in depth, but I wanted to say that anyway.

Thanks for the advice... changed. I scaled the sprites using decorate because they were to large, but it didn't change anything. For some reason the weapon isn't working at all, once I pick up another weapon in game, nothing happens when I try to select my fist.

Edit: I also left out the SS_START/END markers. I added them, and nothing really changed, except now I can't use any weapon but the broken invisible fist. sv_fastweapons 1 or 2 causes a crash.

Edit: http://www.mediafire.com/?ou6yjbpkahg8gaw

Fixed.

To sum it up, the main problem was that you did not call A_WeaponReady in the Ready state. That was so blindingly obvious that I looked everywhere else first. :p

You might want to tweak scaling and offset more in the TEXTURES lump.