Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RjY

ngmvmt1 demos [-complevel 9]

surprise!
totally different map, no wonder you slaughter-ish ebil players left this behind ;)
I liked it. second exit btw

NGmvmt1.wad
map16 uv-max 08:57**

a large description in the txt file

ng16-857.zip

it's been a long period of inactivity, until i saw that max
map15 max in 11:46
i am surprised 10:xx is doable, i got 11:0x and 11:1x with missed monsters. The difference between this demo and my others with missing monsters is the luck with infight on top of the piramid

ng15-1146.zip

2 weeks without doom is a hell of an inactivity period. :))

Eh, I'd say go for it. Ng is boring me already and I don't have all that much time to record. (Yeh, beating your stuff takes plenty of it, if you are wondering. >_>)

Nice to see you volunteer for that, j4rio. Looking forward to your demo!

I just wanted to redeem my old sucky runs. I probably won't bother redoing if there is going to be minor improvement. Although I tried map 7 from time to time, got a nice collection of mainly low 4:0xes. Might try 13 a bit as I haven't even played it.

j4rio said:

I just wanted to redeem my old sucky runs. I probably won't bother redoing if there is going to be minor improvement. Although I tried map 7 from time to time, got a nice collection of mainly low 4:0xes. Might try 13 a bit as I haven't even played it.

13 shouldn't be too hard to improve if you are lucky. It's really hard to miss a monster or two, and that's the very worst part of the run. If you watch my 11:06 closely, you will see that I was pretty surprised when I noticed there were no monsters left, which is even amusing :P
Even though it's got that astounding monster count, map is overall pretty easy.

Attached is a jump which would save some worthy seconds, that I tried to do in my attempts but always got blocked by infinitelly tall monsters. With better luck, you can save some good seconds with it:

ng13-jump.zip

Nice runs ancalagon and j4rio. Looking forward to someone getting down 21. I think the one in dsda was before I fixed the spidermasterminds making it in or something? Don't remember. Anyway, still working on a map for movement 2, I think it's probably going to be a later one. Should have a few more architecture pics soon.

ArmouredBlood said:

Looking forward to someone getting down 21. I think the one in dsda was before I fixed the spidermasterminds making it in or something? Don't remember.

Just 1 cyb didn't make it in. Heh, I recall being pretty proud of doing it at that time. It's actually pretty hard considering the lenght.

ArmouredBlood said:

map for movement 2

\o/

1ntru said:

13 shouldn't be too hard to improve if you are lucky.

I could get 11:1x after a while trying, but wasted around a minute with wandering monsters. Maybe even 9 would be possible but I'll be happy with 10 for now. Lolsy jump, although I think there will be almost always some stuff blocking below.

Lols, cool idea with av. Yeah, it could go below 6:30 or smt, maybe even more.

I wanted to do some more of these but I feel like I'm getting somewhat rusty the more I try. :< Improvements are shitty but took me way too long to do anyway. Chances are I won't touch this until some movement 2 stuff appears. Hmph.

map 1 max 13:29
map 11 max 17:38

ngmaxes_woo.zip

Stop fighting over seconds and fight over NG21 already! :)

Spoiler

I'd do it but I'm way too lazy to learn a map that big. In time, awesome demo, danne.

Playing around with map04, best max run in 3:14. I suppose everything went well till the end where I was in a panic, spraying my BFG to red of the hordes. I want to get at least one NG run on my DSDA page :P

ngmap04demosnevan.zip