Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomUK

Here we go again

I often use first-person shooters to train myself in many tactics. I can now strafe-run to the bus stop and save myself 10 minutes in a given day.

Gee I don't recall a suicide bombing as the objective in that particular mission...

Firstly, anyone who blames video games for anything like this is just...retarded. Anything like this can be "reminiscent" of any video game like Call of Duty. They're trying to put blame somewhere since no one has stepped forward to claim responsibility for it. Secondly, quoting Fox News doesn't make you look too great, IMO (or anyone related to it.)

Seeker_of_Truth said:

Firstly, anyone who blames video games for anything like this is just...retarded.

Especially when the game is Call of Duty. Real guns do not fire with laser accuracy exactly where the sights point, and they most certainly don't fire hitscans that instantaneously hit their target regardless of distance. Any terrorist, criminal, or Johnny Dumbass out there who tries to train via videogames is going to be more than a bit disappointed that their movement speed, reaction time, and accuracy aren't likely up to par with a novice recreational shooter.

...And when breathing hard doesn't heal their wounds within 5 seconds.

No russian COD map: 3 russian terrorists and one undercover us operative slowly walk through the moscow airport gunning down civilians and police, with the ultimate intent of killing the us operative so that the russian authorities can find his dead body and and invade the united states red dawn style.

I'm not seeing the connection tbh, but I knew this would happen. I'll go out on a limb and assume someone willing to kill themselves in this manner probably didn't do it because they played COD and though that one mission was really cool or whatever.

The only thing MW2 is responsible for is propagating bad taste in video games...and AIDS.

Technician said:

I think the only people you can portray as terrorists without backlash are Muslims.

Only if you identify them by a vague nickname and avoid any direct implications to their religion.

The question we should be asking as a society is who exactly are the people behind the scenes who constantly agitate against freedom of expression by trying to bring up bullshit like this every time some major event happens. We should be rooting them out and exposing them for what they really are.

Behind the scenes? These are every second person you meet. A lot of people really don't believe in giving freedom to everyone. Most of them seem to be the statistically-challenged types who see every potential threat as the end of the world. Some of them are just not nice at all.

Xeros612 said:

Only if you identify them by a vague nickname and avoid any direct implications to their religion.

I find it ironic Islamic cry babies have made more progress in cultural Islamification then religious extremists. Or maybe I'm just a little Islamiphobic.

But, really, they've blamed video games before. I don't think anything will come of this.

Didn't Infinity Ward get shut down by Activision a while back? I'd be pretty sure that means no Modern Warfare 3, maybe.

Relax guys, I remember a few years ago that some kid learned how to save a friend who needed emergency medical attention from playing America's Army

Nomad said:

Relax guys, I remember a few years ago that some kid learned how to save a friend who needed emergency medical attention from playing America's Army

People remember Columbine before some nameless kid that performed CPR.

Use3D said:

The only thing MW2 is responsible for is propagating bad taste in video games...and AIDS.

I dunno, I'd figure that MW2's popularity has successfully increased the world's virginity rate.

Quasar said:

The question we should be asking as a society is who exactly are the people behind the scenes who constantly agitate against freedom of expression by trying to bring up bullshit like this every time some major event happens. We should be rooting them out and exposing them for what they really are.

Penn & Teller had a shot at this. It's the closest thing I've seen to a serious exposé-for-the-masses about this stuff.

So, a gang of thugs overloaded with weapons casually walking in an airport and shooting everyone "closely mirrors" a single guy with an explosive belt? The only common points are that it's in a Moscow airport and that people die.

But hey, it should be taken as a positive sign if terrorists start using Call of Duty games for training. It'll mean that when they're wounded they'll sit behind a crate for a couple minutes before jumping back out, and then promptly collapse from blood loss.