Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gun_psycho

Epic 2: Supersecret exit

I found out how to get to the secret exit to map31 in Epic 2, it's just I can't get into the exit to map32 of said secret map.

Any one of you know how to get there? A hint or a few would be nice.

Entering the room with the regular exit causes a new area to open near the start of the level. It is located on the right side of the room that came just before the room with a supercharge on a stone block.

At the end of this new area is a switch which opens another new area on the left side of the nearby room with coffins on the floor.

Ah, yes. I remember the days when maps were magical, impervious things, that could keep their secrets from you forever if they wished. Now when I get stuck, I just open an editor. I can't help but feel that something has been lost.

The secret and supersecret exits are what I really like to look for on my scoredoom playthroughs of each megawad, and this particular supersecret exit was the only one that really stumped me so far as I thought there was no returning once I got to the exit to map16. (And yes, this is coming from the person who beat HR2's supersecret level)

@killer2 - my scoredoom ID's Deathhand, and yes, I play with the addon pack as well since I'm nuts like that; the powerups can really help, though. (btw, I had just finished up Epic 2 early this morning on my end.)

When I launch epic 2 it says high score is 0...I tried putting all the files but it gives me an error with the epic2gl.wad...can you help me,what exactly did you put in "skins" to play?

I don't think it works with the epic2gl. Oh, and I used a command line program to run Scoredoom while the wads and everything are in the same directory.

Btw, you have to make sure gzscoredoom is in a separate directory along with the wads you want to play and to play the wads you want (the ones available on the high score server), you have to put in the proper command line like so.

Ex: gzscoredoom SD-ADDONPACK.WAD epic2.wad +compatflags 8192

That example there with the compatflags was because Scoredoom would make map14 unwinnable due to the force field not letting bullets through; it's also assuming you want to play it with the addon pack. (which, by the way, certainly makes the maps considerably tougher, especially the last few maps before map30.)