Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
disentomb

question concerning IDE IRC chat

I attempt to enter IRC chat in IDE and this message appeared..

Connecting to irc.skulltag.net:6667 ... 
[465]	*** <Metal> Despondency - Moron.
Closing Link: [24.62.66.184] by azure.skulltag.net (K-lined)
* Disconnected
Connected
* Next reconnection attempt in 1 min.
the "<Metal> Despondency - Moron" part disturbed me.. like, really? this <Metal> guy is that cool? I wanna be just like him, lol. (sorry, wanted to express how I seriously feel about this matter). anyway, im just confused about this. Despondency was my nickname in there.

Oh it's Metal who has determined that, why am I not surprised? Skulltag really needs some new staff to moderate IRC if indeed a few are actually killing people off because they belong to a particular subculture of users.

I'm glad I'm not part of the community that deeply because of the bigotry and hate towards furries over there seen by the majority of forum users there. The port is a nice addition and all but the community surrounding it fucking sucks.

/Skulltag rant off

Sorry if this seems hijacky but I thought it would be relevant since it is on the topic of a Skulltag service. Please split off to a new thread if necessary.

Heh, is there some prior history behind things that I'm not getting here? Otherwise, that's the quickest ban-out-of-nowhere I've ever seen.

Perhaps someone was just going for a new record. :P

Yeah if Skulltag admins started banning furries their community would shrink to 10% of what it currently is. I seriously doubt that's the case. It's more likely that you (disentomb) did something the admins don't like, like spammed IRC, harassed users, or who knows really. Best to ask an Skulltag admin, certainly not here.

Xaser said:

Heh, is there some prior history behind things that I'm not getting here? Otherwise, that's the quickest ban-out-of-nowhere I've ever seen.

Perhaps someone was just going for a new record. :P

nope, thats the first time ive been on IRC

Were you previously banned from the forums or master server? From what I can remember, Skulltag staff treats all three as part of the same, so if you get banned from one, you're not allowed on the others.

disentomb: You either are a moron or were just caught in a range ban. Also, Metal is a woman.

Mr. Chris: What? They don't bias against furries on Skulltag. I suppose you haven't heard about VoltlocK. He's a furry, his mods top the server list frequently, and he was even a mod once.

WildWeasel: It depends on the person. I think I've seen ALMN on a Skulltag server long after he was banned from the forums. Other people, like Mr. Cheater, got banned from absolutely everything.

Your IP probably conflicts with somebody else who was g-lined from the skulltag network. I do kind of wish that they would put in some sort of explanation (if you think this was in error please contact such and such) as opposed to assuming the worst, but oh well.

In the meantime, you might want to give the #altdeath channel on Quakenet a try. It's a social channel for all multiplayer ports, and many people who hang out in #skulltag and on Skulltag's IRC network (as well as ZDaemon and Odamex players) also hang out there. You can add it to IDE like this:

Click the "IRC Chat" tab, then click the "New IRC Connection" button in the bar below it and then fill out the options. Obviously "Nickname" "Alternate Nickname" and "Real Name" are up to you, but make sure "Server" and "Initial Channel" are the same as in the picture.

Ralphis said:

He's prob just lying dudes

yeah..

AlexMax said:

Your IP probably conflicts with somebody else who was g-lined from the skulltag network. I do kind of wish that they would put in some sort of explanation (if you think this was in error please contact such and such) as opposed to assuming the worst, but oh well.

In the meantime, you might want to give the #altdeath channel on Quakenet a try. It's a social channel for all multiplayer ports, and many people who hang out in #skulltag and on Skulltag's IRC network (as well as ZDaemon and Odamex players) also hang out there. You can add it to IDE like this:

Click the "IRC Chat" tab, then click the "New IRC Connection" button in the bar below it and then fill out the options. Obviously "Nickname" "Alternate Nickname" and "Real Name" are up to you, but make sure "Server" and "Initial Channel" are the same as in the picture.

thanks alot man, im clueless on all of this. I was only planning on rarely going on it anyway, for I dont even understand the purpose of IRC... just chat in game lol

WildWeasel said:

Were you previously banned from the forums or master server? From what I can remember, Skulltag staff treats all three as part of the same, so if you get banned from one, you're not allowed on the others.

yes, I was banned non-intentionally from skulltag.net awhile ago, shortly after registration.