Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rambosee

Claustrophobia 1024 3 development?

The doomworld database has been receiving nothing too good of a wad created. Remember the community maps that were made? Claustrophobia 1024 and the second one? Community chest? Those were very well made. To give that doom feeling again, we need another community wad. In other words, Claustrophobia 1024 3.

This is just an idea, but a good one if we can get enough people. The fact that the previous two were very successful and extremely well made should encourage the mappers to try their best at mapping. If the idea is supported then the wad will be made. I am not the leader, the makers of the second claustrophobia will be the leaders(that is if i can find their email >.<).

The rules for this supposed wad will be the same. The player is restricted to 1024 x 1024 space. Anything but the player is not restricted to the 1024 x 1024 space. The player can exit that space provided that he is killed.

Everyone talk about this and if this is a good idea. Mappers also volunteer. I will be doing my fair share of maps too if the idea goes forward.

You know what'd be really cool? A new community project for Vanilla Doom.

Wasn't a community 1024 idea presented recently, anyways? I thought it died quickly due to lack of interest (I could be wrong).

It may have though i do not know for sure. And yes it will be designed for vanilla doom. At least that's the original idea.

Rambosee said:

The doomworld database has been receiving nothing too good of a wad created. Remember the community maps that were made? Claustrophobia 1024 and the second one? Community chest? Those were very well made. To give that doom feeling again, we need another community wad. In other words, Claustrophobia 1024 3.

But we have lots of community wads. Pcorf's community project and Plutonia Revisited are just wrapping up, and Community Chest 4 and Doom The Way id Did development are both well underway, among others I'm surely forgetting. Do we really need yet another community 1024 mappack?

If the idea is supported then the wad will be made. I am not the leader, the makers of the second claustrophobia will be the leaders

Uh... They will? I had no idea people were supposed to start projects for you based on other peoples' opinions. :S

If the idea is supported then the wad will be made. I am not the leader, the makers of the second claustrophobia will be the leaders

ROFL

Yes but remember: they all have their special styles! Plutonia has the unforgettable difficulty, scythe has either short or looong maps, and community chest has all the traits mixed up. Claustrophobia makes the space limited bringing back a lot of things. Like making projectile monsters a threat again. Rarely are there any wads now with that. Hey as i said: IDEA.

Rambosee said:

Yes but remember: they all have their special styles!

Which is why we don't need to keep repeating one of them!

Like making projectile monsters a threat again. Rarely are there any wads now with that.

Oh?

Guest DILDOMASTER666

A+ thread, guys.

esselfortium said:

Which is why we don't need to keep repeating one of them!

Oh? So we didn't need Plutonia 2 and don't need Plutonia revisited? :3 Also I said RARELY are those wads around.

Rambosee said:

Rambosee, I don't think Mechadon would like to travel to and from hell again. :3

I think its best to lay low on the community projects front for a little while. Let it dry out a bit.

I`ve only been browsing DW regulary (regulary?? wtf, how`s it spelled!) for a year or two, but I have a feeling there has been much community stuff going on during this time. Has it "always" been this much?

Might of course just be a feeling I have gotten, maybe it hasnt been that much after all :P

Joshy said:

Rambosee, I don't think Mechadon would like to travel to and from hell again. :3

-signs- true but i need a couple more leaders then. I cant sort it all out even though i have all the materials. SlumpED, doom builder 2, oi its all confusing to sort i need another partner or leader. >.<

Rambosee said:

-signs- true but i need a couple more leaders then. I cant sort it all out even though i have all the materials. SlumpED, doom builder 2, oi its all confusing to sort i need another partner or leader. >.<

I would suggest you become more of a regular mapper, join a couple of community projects and stuff, and get some more experience before attempting to start a community project, even with partnered leaders. It's great help seeing what people do in community projects; it gives you great ideas of how to organise it all.

Have you taken part in community projects, though? Just getting a feel for the community would be a good start. I mean, these were you first posts, so you can't expect to automatically realize that you're a regular mapper. (Speaking of which, what maps have you made?)

Also, the abundance of 1024 wads in the past few years have probably burned a few of us out. I know, I know, 2 plutonia megawads released and what not, but wads without restrictions will typically produce more varied results. The problem I have is that after playing 3 1024 megawads, all of the maps kind of started to blend in my head.

not before 32 in 24:1024 edition! ^_^ (SRSLY people asking about it from 2 years...)

Anyway, as esselfortium says, there's actually lots of community projects around here (some ready to be finished, like pcorf's doom 2 unleashed, 1994 tune-up project and Plutonia Revisited) like Doom: The Way ID Did or CC4 or even Progressive Fiction... so there's a lot of choice, just join the one you much appreciate...

Also, i read you are a "regular mapper", do you please show us one of your works here?

Highlight this if your nickname is jerrysheepy:

Spoiler

actually, i started to make a map that follows up the concept of your project for heretic, i just made a starting section from now

DeathevokatioN said:

Really, it can't be stressed enough.

Deathevokation, Snakes, dutch, valkiriforce....you know what to do.

3, 2, 1, GO!

walter confalonieri said:

Also, i read you are a "regular mapper", do you please show us one of your works here?

Which one? I got a boss wad that was one of my first and that im still working on, i got a prison level, church level, all types. They may not be that good because i haven't got anyone to try them yet but eh. Tell you guys what. I'll make a level and submit it, from scratch. It WILL take time though because all those textures need aligning, bug hunting and more.

walter confalonieri said:

the one you found the best in your level collection

well it's kinda too late since I already said id start a new one and now I did... Oh well

How is it too late? Do you mean none of them are finished? It's hard to call you a mapper if you haven't finished and released anything you started making. You're not exactly a baseball player if you've never played on a team before.

Rambosee said:

well it's kinda too late since I already said id start a new one and now I did... Oh well

Could you at least post some screenshots of your work? It's hard to believe you're a mapper if you don't have any evidence of this.

dutch devil said:

A megawad for doom would interest me more, vanilla style.

You mean Ultimate Doom?
Arrgh, why 90% of excellent-looking Wads are not being made for UD. The rate of the well-deserved fifty-fifty always tends to D2, because of "Super Shotgun, Revenants, HKs, new textures", etc...

Cell said:

You mean Ultimate Doom?
Arrgh, why 90% of excellent-looking Wads are not being made for UD. The rate of the well-deserved fifty-fifty always tends to D2, because of "Super Shotgun, Revenants, HKs, new textures", etc...

Why the hell would anyone make a wad for Doom1/UD instead of Doom2? There's nothing that Doom1 had that Doom2 doesn't or can't have, content-wise. The call for more Doom1 wads is one of the stupidest things out there. If you want a map without the ssg or mancs or revs or whatever you can just as well make that in Doom2. Asking for Doom1 specifically is idiotic.