Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Chubzdoomer

Sector Specials (Script-Triggered)

For the most part, this is a quick question: Is it possible for a ZDoom ACS script to change a sector's "special"? For example, if I want to give several sectors a "sequence" lighting effect only when a switch is pulled, is that possible?

I found this page, which discusses it a little:
http://zdoom.org/zdkb/zdoom22.html

But is there not a built-in function to make this easier? For example, the effect I'm going for is the one that requires "Light Sequence Start," "Light Sequence Special 1," and "Light Sequence Special 2" in a particular order. Each of these effects has its own number, too (2, 3, and 4), so I would think that there would be a function out there to give a sector a certain special based on the number you choose.

Any help would be appreciated!

Been looking thru acs reference and I don't particularly see anything for sector specials, I see setlinespecial, but I don't think that will help. In either case its probably just easiest to do a for loop

#include "zcommon.acs"

int numberOfLights = 8;

Script 1 (void)
{
while(true)
{
for(i=1;i<numberOfLights;i++)
{
Light_ChangeToValue (i, 255);
delay(70);
Light_ChangeToValue (i, 0);
}
}
}

Set the number of lights your working with and the switch and your done. It will light up the first sector, wait 2 secs then unlight the first sector and light up the second sector and so on... and then start over.

If your just trying to light up sector by sector, just take it out of the while loop and get ride of the lightchange to 0 value.

Hope this helps, not sure if this is what your looking for.