Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pritch

ZDoom Fatal Error...

This never happened until today. WTF? This happens with the copy of ZDoom v1.22 I keep in my Ultimate Doom folder.

ZDoom Fatal Error: W_GetNumForName: STCFN033 not found!

Help please. Thanks.

Your wad is messed up, i've seen this a lot of times in the wad that I'm working on

Make sure zdoom.wad always exists in the same directory where zdoom.exe is. Also make sure wherever the wad and exe goes, fmod.dll goes along with it.

Your wad is messed up, i've seen this a lot of times in the wad that I'm working on

More info please... should I reinstall doom.wad?

Go get the latest version, if you haven't...

Are you kidding? The 1.23 betas are all far less complete.

Make sure zdoom.wad always exists in the same directory where zdoom.exe is. Also make sure wherever the wad and exe goes, fmod.dll goes along with it.

Well those are givens, like I Say it worked fine 'till today, don't ask me why...

DO get 1.23B33, it's definitely worth it. Despite the Beta title it's even more stable than what you have.

More info please... should I reinstall doom.wad?

Maybe.

Go get the latest version, if you haven't...

Are you kidding? The 1.23 betas are all far less complete.

Whatever. I find nothing wrong with 1.23 Beta 33...yet.

Well those are givens, like I Say it worked fine 'till today, don't ask me why...

STCFN033 not found! means ZDoom cannot find a valid iwad in the directory it's been launched from. Double-check to see if doom.wad, doom2.wad, plutonia.wad, or tnt.wad exists in the same directory where zdoom.exe is.

And don't forget Heretic1 (shareware).wad or Heretic.wad. ZDoom can also run those games as well. And maybe HeXen.wad, I think.