Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

90's mappers who are still active?

What the topic says. Do you know any? I think it would be very interesting to see how their styles has changed through the years.

At the moment, I can remember only Paul Corfiatis (first release in 1998) and guys from Team TNT (1996).

There are quite a few, though in some cases it isn't clear if their projects are still active. Off the top of my head:

Christopher Lutz, ReX claussen (Gurkha Boy), Enjay, Matt Tropiano, Afterglow, Mordeth(?), Tolwyn(?)

Not sure if Brad Spencer and Pablo Dictter was mapping in the nineties, but they both had maps in AV, so maybe? I know they are both around here on DW, and at least Dictter just submitted a map to PCCP (map16 I think)

Grazza said:

ReX claussen (Gurkha Boy)

Yeah baby! Twelve years and still rollin'! [In a wheelchair, maybe, but still rollin'.]

Going on 14 years here. My works from 1997 to 2000 looked mostly like wads from 1994. My standards for level design didn't increase until about 2003, when I got home access to the internet and started playing some of the better user-made wads. My particular style hasn't changed much though... I've always been about creating maps that satisfy a certain niche of gameplay.

I've not released anything I made from before around 2002 or so (and that was at the end of 2005), but I've been making maps since the mid-90s, so I'll count myself in on that.

I have two maps from 1996-1997 I uploaded a long time ago (Hell Pit and Deep Core). I have a few more gems like those lying around when I continue my megawad.

darkreaver said:

Not sure if Brad Spencer and Pablo Dictter was mapping in the nineties, but they both had maps in AV, so maybe? I know they are both around here on DW, and at least Dictter just submitted a map to PCCP (map16 I think)

Do they go incognito?

Also, what about traversd?

I made a bunch of (crappy) maps that got released on AOL's file servers back in '96 and my first major release was in '98, so I think I count.

My recent contributions are in the upcoming Plutonia Revisited project, maps 6, 16, and 28. I'd like to think I've improved since then. :)

Click for Stuff

EDIT: Oh, hey - I didn't notice that Grazza already gave me a shout out. Well, there ya go.

vdgg said:

NaturalTvventy & Capellan

He's part of the forum for only 2 years...also,a brief search on /idgames for his name revealed nothing.Can you post a link with his old work?
EDIT:I'm referring to Tvventy

Jan Van Der Veken is still around (back) and I am surprised no one mentioned Nick Baker yet.

Khorus said:

LIES! ;)

Maybe I should make an update of that thing...

killer2 said:
About Caverns of Darkness...do you have any idea how I could run it with ZDoom?

There's a patch by Graf Zahl (cod-zd.pk3); I do recommend downloading the whole thing from here (click on cc-cod underlined), you should find everything you need.

I've been dooming/modding SINCE the early 90s, but I only started releasing stuff by 2001-2 or so.

I made maps in the late 90's, nothing really good though. I was still learning to map. It was an awsome period learning to make doom maps, now I just do it and not really enjoy it as much as I used to.

I started mapping in the late 90's but I've lost pretty much all of the stuff I made. Not that it would be worth playing mind you :P