Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Magnum Express

Wolfenstein 3D WAD

I'm looking for Wolfenstein and Spear of Destiny WADs. I tried WolfenDOOM, but those didn't have the original weapon sprites and they were missing some of the sounds. Please post a link if you know a good WAD.

This page has links to the Wolf3D shareware and Spear of Destiny demo. I think the Wolfendoom wads are as close as you're going to get otherwise.

There is this. Which is more faithful, with the pushwalls.

And this. The latter is for Skulltag and can be played cooperatively. The pushwalls do not exist in this version. There are extra exclusive levels though.

Hope this is what you are after. They're very authentic.

Wolfenstein and SoD are cheap to buy on Steam, and easy to run in DosBox.

Spear: Resurrection and Spear: End of Destiny, which are probably the best fan sequels I've ever played for any game, are freeware.

BurningCadavre said:

There is this. Which is more faithful, with the pushwalls.

I played this a while back. I'd suggest this one because it's extremely faithful to the game.

Got the latest ZDoom? Extract the archive from the site into your ZDoom directory in it's own folder. Then run the .bat file. I didn't have to modify anything.

I played through E1 last night, and it worked out great. The only glaring problem with the TC is that for whatever reason the secret walls are not polyobjects like the doors, so instead of moving to and fro, they move up into the ceiling. I also saw a bullet puff from time to time, but that's no biggie either. The gameplay and graphics are nearly identical otherwise.

Polyobjects aren't used for pushwalls for two reasons: the first is that it was developed before ZDoom improved polyobject handling, so there were graphical glitches at the time. The second is that pobjs can't detect collision with walls or between themselves, which does hamper automatic transcription of pushwalls into pobjs, since pushwalls moved up to three squares unless blocked by a wall or another pushwall. There are secret mazes in some Wolf3D levels where the order in which you activate pushwalls will change which areas you can access. (The "call Apogee say Aardvark" one being the most blatant example.)