Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
vdgg

Inf-lutz demo pack released

I often view the folks active at the Doom Speed Demos forum (including myself) and the rest of DW as two separate worlds. Thus, you may not be interested at all in what follows... Anyway, ten of "us" (DSD active members) released the largest demo pack since about 2005, so I'm using this board to spread the word. It contains 38 demos, all of them on an excellent, yet very old and somewhat forgotten inf-lutz.wad

Download (mediafire)

I sorta started this whole thing and I must say I'm really surprised with the outcome. The demos include some crazy, over 5 minute long pacifist runs, insane nightmare runs and E3M8 UV Max which we considered impossible to execute for a while thanks to a 10-cyberdemon-in-your-face-while-standing-on-a-thin-ledge trap.

We'd be delighted to hear your opinions, especially the WAD's author :)

vdgg said:

We'd be delighted to hear your opinions, especially the WAD's author :)

I'd pay five bucks to watch Chris watch Paska's E3M8 Max. :D

Yeah...that trap was put in there as a sarcastic suggestion by my roommate at the time -- "ALL good levels have a no-escape area with, like, 45 cybers." I kind of forgot about that. Anyway, I look forward to watching these.

This is absolutely f-ing AMAZING. Seriously, folks -- I am completely blown away. I actually made my wife -- who is NOT a video gamer -- sit down with me and watch a few of these, because I think that they are that incredible. Of course, I am also pretty damn flattered that you guys devoted quite a bit of time to studying these levels inside and out in order to pull off some of the crazy tricks (the speed run of E3M6 was basically a giant middle finger to my carefully crafted level progression, but in a good way).

Anyway, guys, thanks -- and again, these demos are totally awesome.

it amazes me how players find ways to complete a map which are totally unforeseen by the map's author - and in the end, everything comes together as if the map had been built with this very purpose in mind.

as for inferno, i've always liked it for its beauty and wondered why there's no demo pack for it yet. i also prefer the challenge of 'normal' maps on high settings (fast, nightmare) over slaughter maps.

btw, shouldn't this be in the demos forum?