Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

You can grab the corners or the sides of the Doomer window and drag them with the mouse to resize the window. You need about 508 pixels of vertical resolution to display the window completely, though, so your desktop needs to be at 800x600 at least.

Alternatively, open a command prompt window (Start menu -> Run -> cmd), navigate to your prB+ folder and type
glboom-plus -iwad doom2 -file <drag and drop the wad here> -playdemo <drag and drop the demo here> -trace_thingshealth <enter up to three Thing numbers here>

A third way: copy and paste the code below into Notepad

@echo off
set /p CMDS=enter extra params:  
start "" D:\doom\ports\e6y\glboom-plus.exe -playdemo %1 %CMDS%
exit
Replace D:\doom\ports\e6y with the drive and folder where your prB+ is and save the file as playcmd.bat in your prB+ folder. Notepad saves all files as *.txt by default, make sure this file ends with .bat, not .txt.

In Windoze Explorer go to Tools menu -> Folder Options -> File Types and press L. Find the LMP entry in the list. If it's not there, create it (New button -> type LMP in the File Extension field). Select the LMP entry -> Advanced button -> New button. Type play with CMD in the Action field and use Browse button to locate playcmd.bat you created a little earlier. Click OK until all dialog boxes are closed.

Now right-click any demo in Windoze Explorer and select "play with CMD". A command prompt window will pop up. There you can enter -iwad doom2 and any other command-line parameters you wish, like -file cchest3.wad, except -playdemo (it's present already in the BAT file). If the demo matches a pattern in the prB+'s config file or has a demo footer, you can dispense with -iwad and -file and replace them with -auto.

Ah, my bad. I just saw "Anders" and automatically formed a connection to the famous speedrunner, as most of my Doom experience all these years revolved solely around watching demos. No disrespect to this other Anders, of course. :)

I have a demo where a hell knight appears to be killed in 2 ssg shots. I believe this to be impossible, so it is likely that he was shot through the wall by a mancubus. Plays back with TNT evilution on map06.

tn06a.zip

While attempting a Plutonia Episode 2 Max, I got a pl11 run where I killed an arch-vile in 3 SSG shots. Happens about 1:10 into the run.

pl11-av.zip

1ntru said:

In my Vanguard MAP09 Max run, I managed to kill an Arachnotron with 2 rockets. It is a really rare event, isn't, it?

I actually noticed this. It's right before you enter the lift right? As if you didn't have a good flow in that run already ;)

dannebubinga said:

I actually noticed this. It's right before you enter the lift right? As if you didn't have a good flow in that run already ;)

Haha, that's right! At 1:57. Amazingly lucky, just like my Doom 2 MAP27 UV Max run. My luck is gone though, I think. Won't be able to record nothing for a week. Work trip :(

I am not sure if this is rare, but at this place this happened to me the first time:

3 shotgun guys with 1 SG shot

some facts:
a shotgun guy has 30 hp
a shotgun shoots 7 bullets with a damage of 5-15 each

the cool thing the shotgun guys do not stand exaclty behind each other, so it had a cool effect in my opinion

the demos is a doom2 movie attempt and it happens in map02 at the beginning (the demo is crappy so there is no reason to look further, I have a hilarious death at map10)

the demo is about 1 year old and played with doom2.exe if I remember correctly

trsgkill.zip

I guess this is some what rare. Happens 1 in 488 if 29% chance for 5 damage (using data from doom.wikia) or 1 in 243 if it's really 1/3 chance for 5dmg.

Shotgun guy dies from 6th pistol shot.

Edit: Yeah dew, same thing :) I guess 4 shots is the most common, then 3, then 2, then 5, then 6.

pistola.zip

Paska said:

I guess this is some what rare. ... Shotgun guy dies from 6th pistol shot.

i'm pretty sure this happens to me 9 times out of 10 in speedruns where i need to get the SG from the first sargeant.

I once had what must be a very rare kill when a demon died of 7 hits (or 8, I'm not sure since I only started counting when I began wondering if I had berserk powerup on at all) with berserk fist. No, I don't have a demo nor can I be 100% certain it was the same demon I was punching every time as there were several of them coming towards me at once, though quite certain anyway as it was a narrow corridor and I don't think I lost the sight of my target at any moment. Demon has 150 hp and berserk fist does 20-200 damage, meaning that very few of those punches did more than 20 damage.

I killed a demon in 5 berserk hits today. I couldn't believe it. I imagine this is pretty rare. Unfortunately I wasn't recording a demo, unfortunately.

Not as rare as DooMer 4ever up there with 7 or 8, but I don't ever remember ever seeing a demon take that many hits before.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

I killed a demon in 5 berserk hits today. I couldn't believe it. I imagine this is pretty rare. Unfortunately I wasn't recording a demo, unfortunately.

Not as rare as DooMer 4ever up there with 7 or 8, but I don't ever remember ever seeing a demon take that many hits before.

This happened to me once when testing one of my maps. I was stupified when it happened and went back to the secret to check if I even picked up the berserk in the first place.

I feel like I've taken out 3 pinky demons in two SSG shots before.

Out of habit, I've grown to enjoy shooting each pinky demon in a group twice with the shotgun, and after badly wounding all of them, line them all up and kill all of them with a single shot. The most I've ever done this with is four; I'll have to make a demo some time.

If youve seen my plutonia uv-max demo, im pretty sure I killed an archvile with three rockets at least 2 times :P i cant remember which maps that happened on...

Also a weird bug ive had is a rocket dissappearing into a wall! this was when i was recording prcp map16. i dont know how common it is but ive never seen it before. but it also happened in my cyberdreams speed demo on map16 i think. ive also had a rev fireball dissappear into a wall... how the hell do these things happen O_o

prcp_rocket_lolwat.zip

a Hell knight killed in 6 shotgun hits. I figure this is pretty rare, considering that it's like killing one in 2 SSG shots, which is believed to be impossible.

Plays back with requiem.wad

hk6sg.zip

1) Arch-vile in 9 shotgun shots.

This is somewhat less amazing, as it is Boom compatible and 500/6=83,3 HP on average, 700/9=77,8 HP.

Plays back with pc_cp, MAP17.

Also included:

2) Arch-vile enters its pain state 5 times in a row after being shot with a single shotgun. Is it just me, or in Boom SG/SSG are more likely to cause AV enter the pain state?

3) An oddity in the beginning of MAP24.

pccp_odd.zip

Can demon survive a direct rocket hit? According to the wiki it is possible (minimal damage is 148 and demon's HP is 150), but has it ever happened? I'm not talking about weird cases like Requiem MAP02 where reject table somehow reduces rocket damage (removes splash damage completely?).

Many, many times. I recall end1 movie on e1m2, as well as my recent class_e2 movie on the penultimate map. Funny that you sometimes need 2 rockets for a demon (150 hp), sometimes only 2 for a hell knight (500 hp).

edit: in both cases the damage inflicted on the demon/spectre was 134 hp, not 148 hp, which I'm unable to explain.
end1: -warp 1 2 -skipsec 60 -trace_thingshealth 163
class_e2: -warp 1 7 -skipsec 140 -trace_thingshealth 16

It happens almost casually when trying to record slaughtery maps. Although I recall that in tnt map 30 it happens almost always at those 4 demons near start.

That's very surprising to me, I guess I just don't pay attention when it happens. :)

vdgg said:

edit: in both cases the damage inflicted on the demon/spectre was 134 hp, not 148 hp, which I'm unable to explain.

My guess is that due to the monster hitboxes being squares (not circles), the distance from the monster to the center of rocket blast might depend on their positions:

So the damage might not always be 128 + direct hit.

When I try e2m6 it happens quite frequently that the pig doesn't die after I shoot him with a rocket. I find it quite annoying obviously.