Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rambosee

Doom builder 2 glitch?

So i recently made a map from doom builder 2. I included custom textures, and TNT evolution music. All was done with SLumpEd. I tested the map with doom builder 2 and it seemed to work fine. I was testing with zdoom 2.5.0. Anyway as i launched it without doom builder 2 in Skulltag, the music played, but the map didn't appear, it was just an ordinary doom 2 map. I tested it with zdoom not with doom builder 2 and the same story happened. Does anyone know the problem and how to fix this?

Format? If you mean by files i made it as a wad... also i never gave a map name, i just made it to replace map 01.

Format as in Boom, zDoom, Skulltag, Legacy, etc.

Also, and sorry if this is just me reading too much into your post, but did you name it as MAP01 or MAP 01? The latter is incorrect.

Snakes said:

Format as in Boom, zDoom, Skulltag, Legacy, etc.

Also, and sorry if this is just me reading too much into your post, but did you name it as MAP01 or MAP 01? The latter is incorrect.

I tested it for Zdoom and GZdoom. Yes i named it MAP01, thank you for reading in detail, shows you care about my problem! Also news: it wasn't doom builder causing the problem, it was my textures. What i did was just insert 3 texture packs inside my wad without editing it, and i know it caused the problem because when i deleted the textures from the wad, the level showed. So now another problem: how do I put textures from texture packs into my wad without making it glitch out? I tried deleting everything besides the textures in the texture packs and adding PP_START and PP_END but when i launched it the textures were not found?

Adding additional lumps to your wad should not break the maps. A map is consists of several lumps. the "MAP01" is just a marker, that the following lumps belong to map01. So try to either add your texture before or after all the map lumps.

Also, it's necessary to right-click the textures and select the option "Add to TEXTURE1" if I'm not mistaken.

Rambosee said:

.... What i did was just insert 3 texture packs inside my wad without editing it, and i know it caused the problem because when i deleted the textures from the wad, the level showed. So now another problem: how do I put textures from texture packs into my wad without making it glitch out? I tried deleting everything besides the textures in the texture packs and adding PP_START and PP_END but when i launched it the textures were not found?

In your first post you mentioned textures and in your next post you mention texture packs. They are two different kind of fish altogether.

First off, Doombuilder2 is just a map editor, not a pwad editor.

1. To load textures from a texture pack, you have to set up Doombuilder2 to load the texture packs as resources from the F6 menu.

Then, after your map is finished and saved, you must start ZDoom, GZDoom, Skulltag with your map and the resource texture pack.

2. Once your map is finished, with the aforementioned method, and you have used only a few textures from the texture pack, then load your map and the resource wad into SLADE3.
Each wad will have their own tab.
Then it is just a simple copy/paste of textures across tabs. Install the textures between TX_ markers.

Make sure that they will not be installed in the namespace, the lumps in black. Then save your map.

Since TNT uses the same names as DOOM2 for the music lumps, do the same process of copy/paste.

For clarity, I install additional lumps between ======= markers, but that is optional.

Now, all you have to load is your map.