Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clonehunter

Three More Doom Novels

http://romero.smugmug.com/keyword/book/1/153678800_YJG3v/Medium

Contains some info on two Hungarian Doom Novels. The covers are pretty bad arse, even though the second cover has what looks like a Ghostbuster on it. I'm sure a number of you have seen these though before.

Thirdly, how many people knew that some guy wrote up a novel based on the movie? Well, there is, and I bought it off the clearance rack at Half-Price Books for a buck (Along with a Raiders of the Ark VHS).

Reading through, I'm guessing it is based off the final script and whatnot, which actually has many differences from the movie, mostly relating in actions and dialouges. Some of the scenes are different too, some added, some just alternate. I'm only just getting to the part where Portman and The Kid reach the nudist zombie.

Anyways, it's actually a decent read so far, the writing is good, and not at all shabby (Unlike the Independance Day Movie Novel, which after reading a few pages, just made me internally hurl from the awful writing. Also on clearance for a dollar.)

The cover is rather shit though, and looks like the cover to a junior novel or coloring book (Of course the first few pages reind you that this is rated R.) Its just the marines standing there staring at you with flat faces (Minus Goat who is smiling, despite the fact that his book character is rather darker than he was in the movie. He doesn't even laugh.)

So I thought I might just bring that up. THree more Doom novels that can be brought into conversations. I would like to see english variants of those first two though.

EDIT: Here we go: http://www.amazon.com/Doom-John-Shirley/dp/141650995X

He looks like a soldier with a backpack, not necessarily like a ghost buster. I admit I like that fatigue much more than Doomguy's usual uniform which has been ridiculed too much in memes and such.

What does tisztitotuz mean?

Hmm, not very original sounding. Are they any good? Are they all new? Are they true to the main Doom 1/2/3 stories?

They might be new. Of course with that styalized text they might be a bit older like early 2000's or late 90's. The Doom Movie Book is 2005. And that is a rather good book actually. Excels from the movie.

It would be all LMAO and ROFL and ROFLMAO if the first paragraph of one of these novels translated as "Who's a man and a half?..."

He looks like Duke Nukem if he was more of a conformist.

BTW, the "ghostbuster" guy reminded me more of a WW II Japanese soldier or aviation mechanic.