Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wesleyjohnson

NDCP2 bugs, MAP08 blue bars

NDCP2 bug in MAP08.
This was submitted to DoomLegacy as a bug report, but found it was a wad bug.

MAP08, linedefs 4707 to 4712, which make up the blue bars, opened by the blue key. The switches are all facing inwards.

Per Doom and Boom specs, switches are activated only from side1.
DoomLegacy is ignoring them (and thus frustrating players who cannot open these blue bars). Some other ports are managing to activate them, probably because they have modified their USEDIST for Strife. Doom push distance is 64, changed to 128 for strife (seen in ZDOOM). Thus they can push clear through the bars to the inward facing switch on the far side.

Please fix...

Many, many, bad texture complaints from prboom, then it crashes.

Technically yes, a bug. I noticed that the player can get the blue key from sector 448 to sector 437, where the key is nearby. When I first played this with Risen3D - which emulates boom - I had no problem.

The old bugfixing thread is here and it appears that's a new bug that hasn't been noticed yet. Not sure if that thread ever resulted in an updated release or not.

If your really playing in legacy or (pr)boom it won't matter, map09 should be crashing for you as well. Not to mention the myriad of bugs which will NEVER be fixed. I would use zdoom if anything, but your still going to come across errors/crashes/problems.

I am surprised that that megawad was released in it's bugged state...do NewDoom folks not have a sense of thorough playtesting?

He, He, I really do not know what to make of the fact that it can be played on Risen3D. I guess that means that Risen3D has the long switch-push reach of ZDoom, and can push buttons right through walls too. It must be modified for Strife too. I am wondering if that long-reach switch-push ought to be conditional on which game you are playing. It certainly makes it hard to find bugs in a Boom wad.

Zdoom has this compat option - all special lines can block <use> and prboom+ has this compat option - use passes thru all special lines. When these are set to YES it behaves like Risen3D.

DooMAD said:

The old bugfixing thread is here and it appears that's a new bug that hasn't been noticed yet. Not sure if that thread ever resulted in an updated release or not.

I was happy to fix the bugs but, Nuxius and whoever took the matters to their own hands, so since then, I'm not sure what they have in mind. All forgotten I guess, heh.

wesleyjohnson said:

Some other ports are managing to activate them, probably because they have modified their USEDIST for Strife. Doom push distance is 64, changed to 128 for strife (seen in ZDOOM).

This was reverted and even then it only concerned use on actors, not on lines.

Vermil said:

NewDoom "died" right as the NDCP2 was reaching completion IIRC.

You mean the time Phoebus went batshit and made drastic changes to the forum.