Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bgraybr

Post your Doom "Enhancements"

Occasionally I play ZDoom with an "enhancement pack" (includes Perkristan's smoother weapon animations, etc.)You probably don't want to download it because I just took resources from various other projects but I combined them all into 3 separate wads today and uploaded them to file factory anyways in case someone wants them.

I listed every wad that I took resources from below so that you can just download those instead if you want.

Post all of yours to, if you have something different from mine.

Warning: includes some minor gameplay changes...

enhance.wad includes:
-Perkristan's smoother weapon sprite animations (I made the pistol left handed again, the offsets are a little off but its hardly noticeable)
-the BFG from Z86's Particle Fire Enhancer Mod beta (has smooth animation) resized to more closely resemble the original
-shell casings (taken from above mod, but modified slightly) I also made it so that hitscan enemies eject shell casings
-Nash's Gore Mod, I removed all of the decals earlier because I play without decals
-new Zombieman sprites (holding pistol) taken from Beautiful Doom
-one new enemy, the Zombie Trooper (uses original Zombieman sprites and behaves exactly the same as the Wolfenstein SS) replaces Zombieman 25% of the time and the Wolfenstein SS
-an HUD with only Doomguy's face (it kinda sucks, I'm going to move the face to one of the bottom corners of the screen instead of the center and add a background for it)

sound.wad includes:
-Perkristan's high quality original Doom sound effects
-no download link from me because that would just be completely redundant... http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/45117-high-quality-original-doom-sfx-updated-01-08-10/

music.wad includes:
-high quality version of the Doom soundtrack, no idea where it came from

---

I'm looking for:
-a sprite for the Zombieman rifle (not the incomplete one from the Alpha, it doesn't even look like the one the Zombieman is holding...)
-a way to make the shell casings that the enemies leave fly in the right direction
-sprites for the Demon being gibbed
-a quad barreled shotgun that looks similar to the super shotgun
-anything else cool that looks close to the original and doesn't change gameplay tremendously

http://filesurf.ru/214926/pmdec.wad.html

I made this "enhancement" wad for GZDoom specifically, but works fine with plain ZDoom. It includes blue blood for cacos, green blood for barons and hells, slight blood translucency plus an improved version of the spectre which's actually uniformly black and difficult to see in certain areas like it would have been in vanilla.

The last bit is no longer needed now that GZDoom features some shader options that allow to have truly fuzzy spectres. (Provided your hardware supports pixel shaders, of course.) I use the "noise" style personally.

Gez said:

The last bit is no longer needed now that GZDoom features some shader options that allow to have truly fuzzy spectres. (Provided your hardware supports pixel shaders, of course.) I use the "noise" style personally.

Yes but GZDoom did not have Porsche Monty spectre which is almost invisible and very good looking.Maybe Graf Zahl oficially add this to GZDoom?

Sorry for my bad english.

For ZDoom, I made a pk3 that disables additive translucency and removes normal translucency from a few things that didn't have it in vanilla, plus nulls out all of the default decals because I think they look terrible. I also have an autoexec that enables mouselook in Heretic, Hexen, and Strife because that setting isn't saved on a per-game basis like most of them. Oh, and I still have No Rest for the Living loaded as an extra Doom 2 episode even though I just use Eternity's .disk loading feature to play that now.

I made this for the PSX TC, if that counts.

I use perkristians high quality sounds but thats it.

I wonder if Parkour would count as an 'enhancement' due to its nature. It's really more of a gameplay mod, but the blood+puffs at least fall into the category.

Otherwise, I often use a weapons reskin (e.g. behaviors are identical) that uses Eriance's newest DE-Ep1 weapon sprites, but I won't be sharing it until the next DE beta comes out (as per Eri's request). Even then, I'll likely leave the distributing to him, considering it's basically all his work. :P

arg, the hud replacement ruins enhance.wad :( Could you upload a version without (or could somebody remove it and up that?) Thanks~

xvertigox said:

arg, the hud replacement ruins enhance.wad :( Could you upload a version without (or could somebody remove it and up that?) Thanks~

Load up the wad in your favorite editor and delete the SBARINFO lump.
I'm going to upload a new version of enhance.wad later with some of the effects touched up and the hud replacement either edited or removed.

Xaser said:

Otherwise, I often use a weapons reskin (e.g. behaviors are identical) that uses Eriance's newest DE-Ep1 weapon sprites, but I won't be sharing it until the next DE beta comes out (as per Eri's request). Even then, I'll likely leave the distributing to him, considering it's basically all his work. :P

I absolutely love those sprites :D Can't wait until they're officially released. But for playing ordinary levels I think I'll always prefer something that more resembles the original.

My permanent enhancement I use is Perk's smoother weapon mod, not to mention using Doom 3's chaingun firing sounds for Doom 1/2 as well, atop the chaingunner's firing as well.