Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alphawolf

How many demons have you toasted?

For me I'd say over 100,000, considering that on average every map has 150 monsters, I've played all every commercial doom games maps about 5 times each. Thats on average 32x4x5= 640

Multiply that by 150 = 96,000. On average.

PS. I like Cyberdemon's big gun. Randomz lol

What about you?

There's no way of knowing even remotely accurately, but over the 17 years Dooms been about, with the thousands of maps I've played, tested, replayed, co-op'd in and whatnot, plus the hundred or so maps I've made, tested repeatedly, replayed, co-op'd in, etc. the only number I'd imagine is comparable is the number of humans currently populating earth.

slaughtermaps are not my style, so i wouldn't be surprised if i actually killed less monsters than marines in multiplayer modes.

I feel I've beaten enough. But Im still not great with revenants and archviles and the such, I think they have probably killed me more than I have killed them :/

Phobus said:

the only number I'd imagine is comparable is the number of humans currently populating earth.

Pretty much this.

Phobus said:

the only number I'd imagine is comparable is the number of humans currently populating earth.

O RLY. If we consider each map to have 300 monsters, then you have played about 20 million maps. Yea right.

One. I still remember it very sharply. I was walking in the seemingly abandoned base, hearing weird noises. I had a gun in my hands for some reason, I don't ever remember picking it up, and suddenly there was this intimidating fellow who startled me so I impulsively hit the trigger and the next moment I wad in front of a lifeless corpse, blood pooling around it. Then I cried at what I have done, and vowed never to kill again. To redeem myself, I have created a support center where I help the demons' widows and orphaned children to heal from the trauma of the loss.

In other words, silly questions deserve silly answers.

Actually weirdly enough I've probably killed a hell of alot more doom marines on deathmatch than I have demons on single player but I'm probably guessing about 30,000+ or so maybe more

4mer said:

Zero because I didn't found the toaster yet :D

I can't work out how I'm going to fit the Cyberdemon in the toaster to be honest. =D

printz said:

O RLY. If we consider each map to have 300 monsters, then you have played about 20 million maps. Yea right.

You're seemingly forgetting entire megawads along the lines of HR, HR2, KS, etc, plus Icon of Sin battles and that I made a map with a 4-figure monster count. That took a lot of balancing and retesting, therefore an awful lot of monster killing. 300 monsters on average per map? Maybe in the 90s.