Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alphawolf

How many demons have you toasted?

Gez said:

One.

Me too. But when I approached, I realized it wasn't a demon, just a nasty rodent that used to eat my uncle's planted vegetables.

DoomUK said:

Badum tish!

I'm quite disappointed that none so far COOKS THEM WITH GAS or WITH PLASMA, if he's in the BIG LEAGUES, and then RIPS AND TEARS to eat them.

Unless someone has been counting every Demon they have killed in every Doom game every time they played, I think it's safe to say NOONE knows the exact amount they have killed.

I dont toast demons, I rape them and then eat them with a side of french fries.

How many times have I done this?

numbers.dont.even. BEGIN TO FUKIN DESCRIBE IT!!!!!!!!

idk, maybe around...well, atleast a million....

zombies count?

Phobus said:

the only number I'd imagine is comparable is the number of humans currently populating earth.

In order to achieve this goal, you would have had to kill roughly a million monsters EVERY day since the release of Doom.

yellowmadness54 said:

zombies count?

Probalby not. Last time I checked they had difficulty stringing two words together coherently, so I doubt they'd do any better with simple arithmetic. ;-)

Donce said:

In order to achieve this goal, you would have had to kill roughly a million monsters EVERY day since the release of Doom.

Assuming that the roughly 7 billion people on the planet is done as American billions (as in 7 thousand million) then it does indeed work out to around a million demons per day, every day, since Doom came out ~17 years ago.

With this newfound knowledge I'd like to say that actually the population of humans on the earth is not comparable, and a much more likely sum would be ~1 million for most of us who've been playing since the start.

(Wow, a serious answer)

Now for my serious answer: I played a little and found out I kill 0.48 demons per second, on average. I play for roughly 3 hrs a day: so that's (0.48 * 3600 * 3)*(365 * 15 (or however many year's you've been playing) in my case 15. Total = 28,382,400 Demons to date.

It's getting seriouser and seriouser.

Here's my documented body count, going by my demos on DSDA:
This number includes Lost Souls, respawned and resurrected monsters. With the demos still to be submitted the number would be

The most demons I wasted in one sitting was 5,012 (the complete TNT UV Max run).

GreyGhost said:

Probalby not. Last time I checked they had difficulty stringing two words together coherently, so I doubt they'd do any better with simple arithmetic. ;-)

I see what ya did there.

Never_Again said:

The most demons I wasted in one sitting was 5,012 (the complete TNT UV Max run).

Pffft. I run rings around you every day by playing NUTS.WAD at least twice a day.

Memfis said:

Monster infighting doesn't count.

Sure it does! That's why even a monster kills another monster, I get 100% at the end of the level. Chances are, they wouldn't be infighting if you didn't instigate it.

I'd like to propose a toast for the demons. The demons! *glass clink*
There, I've toasted all of them now.

No, posters of this thread, you ARE the demons.