Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
william gee

Wgr2 siege breaker

Wgr2 siege breaker
More info and downloads here http://www.moddb.com/games/wgrealms-2

WG Realms 2: Siege Breaker is an action packed total conversion of Duke Nukem 3D, by William Gee (level design), Dan "DeeperThought" Gaskill (coding) and "Cage" (original artwork). You don't need Duke 3D for this; just download and play! WGR2 is the sequel to William Gee's masterpiece, WG Realms.The now released first episode has three huge levels with some of WG's best work to date, including a variety of breathtaking environments with emphasis on nature and medieval themes, enhanced with new visual effects. You play as Duke Nukem, who has been transported to a fantasy realm where a human kingdom is under siege by hordes of monsters (some of which will be familiar from games such as Doom and Hexen). With a brand new suite of kickass weapons, inventory and abilities, Duke undertakes to break the siege so that he can return home to his own world.

Also New pack comeing soon with 7 new levels! Keep an eye open!

Whoop! WGR2 returns! :)

I remember grabbing this when the three-map episode was first released. What's new since the last time 'round (if anything)?

I'll give it another playthrough soon enough, though.

Xaser said:

Whoop! WGR2 returns! :)

I remember grabbing this when the three-map episode was first released. What's new since the last time 'round (if anything)?

I'll give it another playthrough soon enough, though.

There is a new pack comeing out in about 1-2 weeks with 7 more levels 2 more enemies and a bunch of new pow abilities.

Also the current version you can download has a extra level "Castle demonhorn" where you can unlock a new player charactor.

This like AEOD, but the levels are actually designed for the chaos. Unlike AEOD, which only changes up whatever is in an existing level and it doesn't always work.

Indeed. Though enemies and textures are (mostly very well-done) frankensprites and rips, the weapons are all original edits and the mapping is top-notch. It's more akin to something like Zendyn, only 20x better.

Yes weapons are from scratch. At least dukes weapon set is.

BTW, so you know I have finished doing the mapping for the next release, Dan is finishing up the code, so it should be out soon. Keep an eye out!

Belial said:

Heh, Neodoom... or Neoduke.

The 4th map, Nexus, starts up then crashes, every time.

Hi, I'm Dan (a.k.a. "DeeperThought"), the coder for WGR2.

Nexus is also the first map, so I guess what you are saying is that the game crashes when returning to Nexus after killing the end boss. I have heard of this bug before, but I can't get it to happen with the current build. A lot has changed since the last released version.

Here's what you should do. First, make sure you have the latest released version, which you can get here: http://fissile.duke4.net/fissile_wgr2.html

Next, replace the eduke32.exe and any dlls in that package with the latest from this directory (r1798 as of this post): http://dukeworld.duke4.net/eduke32/synthesis/

Upgrading the eduke32 will invalidate any saved games you have, so don't try to load them. If the crash happens again after starting a new game, then please pass along your eduke32.log file, and I'll try to figure out what is going on. If all else fails, there is a huge update coming out in a week or two, and that may resolve the issue as well.

I'm going to start working on a new trailer soon.

OH, and one more thing. I thought I had enough beta testers, but they seem to be a quiet bunch and I'm not getting enough feedback from them. If there's anyone here who would like to be a beta tester, and who is serious about it, please let me know. The discussion goes on here: http://forums.duke4.net/index.php?showforum=31

Today I made a trailer for the upcoming WGR2 1.2 release. Later I will add annotations for the release date and where to download it.

Any comments? I still have the project file for the movie, so I can edit it if need be.

And here is the trailer for the first release back in November of 2009. It lingers on the last two scenes for too long, but I still like the beginning:

Hahah, I see too much enemy reuse from Doom and Heretic there! Some of the weapons seem based off other games too....and the hell, a quad damage from Quake?

I'm not too impressed myself as boris said and I'll second, a ripfest.

Holy mother of awesome!!Can't wait until you finish the update so I can play it all.I'll wait until then.

Mr. Chris said:

Hahah, I see too much enemy reuse from Doom and Heretic there! Some of the weapons seem based off other games too....and the hell, a quad damage from Quake?

I'm not too impressed myself as boris said and I'll second, a ripfest.

I don't want to get into a debate about this, but I'll respond once.

Yes, it has a lot of ripped sprites, and even a quad damage. If you don't like ripped sprites and quad damage, this isn't the game for you.

William Gee is a level designer and I am a coder. He made huge, detailed levels from scratch, and I wrote code from scratch for everything that wasn't hard coded. Even the enemies with ripped sprites have completely new code. Since you brought it up, I'll point out that the quad damage has a unique twist, because we made a new game palette (greyscale with red) for when it is in use. The weapon art for Duke Nukem was made from scratch by Cage, who also edited a lot of the ripped sprites and made many other sprites used in this TC. In a perfect world, we would have been able to find dedicated artists to create all new monster sprites and textures from scratch. As it is, we were lucky to have Cage to do some of it and we ripped the rest (not a trivial task in itself, because the art had to be converted to Duke palette). So go ahead and dismiss our work because it has ripped art. But you should be aware that the actual game experience is a rich and unique one, with some huge, lavishly designed original levels, two playable characters with different weapon sets, as well as some original gameplay mechanics.

Like I said, it's Duke's equivalent of Neodoom. You'll have a couple of people whining about ripped resources and the rest will be having fun.

Yeah, hell, I don't give a crap about ripped resources as long as the end product is fun as hell, and given what I played of the previous version, it will be.

It's not really like Neodoom because there aren't a million weapons, items, and enemies. There's an average amount of each really.

killer2 said:

This is for Duke3d?

william gee said:

WG Realms 2: Siege Breaker is an action packed total conversion of Duke Nukem 3D, by William Gee (level design), Dan "DeeperThought" Gaskill (coding) and "Cage" (original artwork). You don't need Duke 3D for this; just download and play!

killer2 said:

Or can I play it using GZDoom?

No, it's only compatible with Chocolate Doom. Obviously.