Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

What are you playing now?

Finished up Sinful Discharge. That last map was a beast: 4 D'Sparils, 5-6 maulotaurs, and 5-6 liches. It actually wasn't a problem until it got down to 4 unseated D'Sparils, because then they started spawning disciples everywhere. Also, the tag-666 sector didn't open when D'Sparil died; I wonder if that was side effect of having multiple D'Sparils? (You kill one, and then they all die.) Besides that minor glitch, fantastic episode.

ducon said:

I finished Slaughter until death, now The evil unleashed.

Those are so much fun.

The rebirth: pretty cool for a megawad made by a teenager :P basically an oldschool mapset that showcases vader's senaibilities. I prefer BTSX vader tho

City of the damned: a decent map from torm. Maybe because it isn't flooded with railgun zombies and other instant death zombies. Still a mess what with all the monsters that come crawling for you in the opening

Dark side of Deimos: a decent e2 ep that attempts to build atmosphere.

Beta labs: a cool alpha episode that has an arcade feel with the emphasis on the new pickup sprites. Very claustrophobic.

UAC Secret: a medium size lainos level with tons of little winks at the player. Very cool.

Kusok: Nanka is a very competent map author, very good at greebling and cheats like swinging doors and opening curtains. MAP02 has a cool transformation into a techbase invaded by Hell. More Kurashiki maps plz

Now playing: 32in24-14

Finished up Revolution! not too long ago: not difficult by any stretch of the imagination, but fun and very inventive. I've got a lot of respect for Thomas van der Velden. :)

The last two night have seen me finishing the last 5 maps of ConCERNed. Great stuff. Managed to find a couple of bugs, too: in E3M8 you can get into the red key area from the blue key area before getting the red key. Not really a problem, but there's a secret switch in the red area that (assuming it does what I think it did) will trap you in that room when you press it. I also found a place in E3M7 where you can get trapped hunting secrets. Other than that, these maps were a lot of fun, but I'm sure glad I only played on HMP instead of UV (like I did for the first two episodes.)

Played through most of cleimos 2 and now playing biowar(again) with the new version of brutal doom - always fun to to throw a grenade then flip the bird before they all go kaplowie

Felt I needed something a bit lighter, so last night I started in on The Lost Episodes of Doom (ZDoom Special Edition). This is... well, it's some pretty 90s stuff, isn't it? Not terrible, at least. And it plays fast, too, which is always welcome: I blitzed through the first 5 maps last night.

Playing btsx episode one, very cool map set. Cool music as well. Almost done got a few maps left I think

Just beat Doom Raider: Crypt of the Vile. Some of the traps will catch you off guard and there is a bit of platforming, but the atmosphere is brilliant and it's quite fun all things considered.

I'm still working my way through Community Chest 3, but after some complaints about earlier maps, many of the second episode ones are solid. In particular I just completed Map 20 which, very similar to BTSX E2 Map 20, is a very long and sprawling map that had action packed sections inbetween the lengthy journeys. The section with the long spiralling cliffs up to the eventual exit is absolutely superb.

Is it just me or does the blue switch not actually require the blue key? I reached the exit with many enemies still to kill and a large part of the map unexplored. (IDDT'd the map to have a look) That seems like quite a large oversight.

Random wads of Deathmatch 7000 and the D!Zone series (Legit copies with box during City Wide Yard Sale Shopping Spree) on GZDoom. Normally (I know it's outdated, but come on, some still use it right. I know NiTROACTiVE uses it), I use Skulltag with my Yuki skin (Yes, I did make a skin out of her), but every 6 to 10 minutes, PC shuts off. Same to Zandronum.

Hope it's my power supply. It may be dusty.

I have no issues using GZDoom. Btw, playing both map packs plain. No Add-ons.

Recently started playing Valiant, it's pretty great! The weapon alterations are just enough to make every gun feel like it's worth using now, the new enemies are pretty fun (especially the arachnorbs, love those floaty fuckers). Only at map06 right now, as I've been busy with other stuff, but so far all the praise heaped upon it is deserved.

32in24-14: pretty enjoyable. Not sold on the CTF layouts. Some cool experiments.
Pinnacle of Darkness: cool GZDoom level. The boss is a little anti-climactic but the map is a good slow burner.
Crumpets: fun, fast, frantic. Scaled down Ribbiks is super claustrophobic.

Not sure what's next

Just finished The Lost Episodes of Doom (ZDoom Special Edition 2.0) on UV. For those who don't know what this is, it's a patch for The Lost Episodes that adds new music, new skies, and a 4th episode (for Doom 2) comprising a reworked Carter map, 6 untouched Klie maps, and a new E4M8. The first 3 eps are just okay; I definitely preferred Carter's maps to Klie's, though Carter's needed more enemies. Very 90s, but good for some quick fun play.

Episode 4 was great, though. Carter's map (reworked for Doom 2) was weak, but the Klie maps were... not necessarily fantastic, but still a lot of fun. They are all available individually, but I liked having them collected together like this. Good stuff.

I whizzed through Lunatic again last night, its funny I didn't remember any of it despite being a great little adventure. I think its because you can race through it so fast that it doesn't stick in my memory, but thats a real selling point for this wad in my opinion. The same goes for Vanguard, crazy fun but I never remember the details of it. I guess I just switch my brain off and enjoy the ride.

Just finished Community Chest 3. Map 29 is one of the least enjoyable maps ever. It's a long map, which itself isn't too much of a problem, but halfway through a crazy amount of AVs get released and resurrect everything you've just spent 10 minutes killing. Then to get the yellow key you have to go through a lengthy, tedious, ridiculous maze only to find more AVs have resurrected everything in front of the final door. Ammo is abundant, as is the repetition.

Next up will be Valiant for me.

Return to hadron is pretty fun. I definitely like it over the original concerned e1.

BTSXE1.

I wasn't really that active when it originally released so I had never played until recently. Really enjoying it.

I'm playing through Community Chest 4 right now, am at map 27.

This is, without a doubt, one of the best Doom mapsets, ever. Virtually every map is excellent. The worst maps are possibly "Hell's Limits" and "Melting Universe II", because they're merely "awesome" instead of "breathtakingly awesome."

Tried playing through Fragport with Hideous Destructor mod... it took me an hour and a half to finish the map and even at the end I cheated to kill the horde of resurrecting imps >.<

Now I'm playing through Fragport with Complex Doom so that's better ;-;
Might try playing with Hideous Destructor again sometime.

Started in on Memento Mori 2 last night and blitzed through the first four maps. Already a lot more polished than MM1, and a lot of fun.

Also working on wrapping up Doom 2 Reloaded, which has been good.

So I decided to actually play some Doom again.

XXXI Cybersky. So awesome. I played like shit and spent an hour or more, but it really gave me the kicks!

Loaded up AV map18 and map25 too. Took me awhile to finish them both, but damn cool stuff. Yeah.

Gonna play some more tonight or tomorrow. Think I'll go for HR2 map15 and a handful of carefully selected SoD maps!