Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

What are you playing now?

Finished up No Rest For the Living and Echelon. Both were great.

Currently back to my NDCP replay, trying to finish that off before year's end. I'd taken a break before MAP23, which was really bad, and uh, still is. It's behind me now, though, so I'll hopefully be cranking through these last few levels.

I`m replaying Memento Mori again,because it gave me a good memories when I played first time.

Pepsiman said:

Just started playing the Japanese Community Project. Loving it so far.

I should probably give it another chance since the final version is out. I had a very mixed experience with it during the beta when the Club played it.

Playing through Requiem with some Brutal Doom as well as making my way through A.L.T.

Been doing some pcorf-ing by finishing Zone 300 and making my way through WoS and 2002:ADO. The custom music is especially great.

Recently been finishing up WADs I've started earlier this year:

Finally finished off Estranged from where I left off during the DWMC play. I really enjoyed it, but man those last few levels are tough. (Memorable though!)

Finished off my UV replay of NDCP, which just cemented it as one of my favorite megawads. I'm sure much of that is nostalgia, but maps 06, 19, 27, and 29 (among others) are masterpieces.

I also did a quick playthrough of Bauhaus, which ended up being a lot of fun.

I've finished off the 2nd and 3rd episodes of Valiant, which has just been phenomenal. I really miss that chaingun when I go back to playing other WADs.

Also I've been chipping away at BTSX E2 again. Played MAP15 last night. Amazing. I'm halfway through MAP31 at the moment (OMG) but had to take a break after an hour or so...

Plutonia 2 and Reverie for some modern classics. PL2 is great but Reverie is more my teacup. It completely nails throwback style and is more concept-driven.

And judging by another thread some return to hadron e2 is to come ...

Aquanet said:

Plutonia 2 and Reverie for some modern classics. PL2 is great but Reverie is more my teacup. It completely nails throwback style and is more concept-driven.

I absolutely loved P2. I meant to get to Plutonia Revisited this year, but now it's on the (very-)shortlist for 2017.

So, I finished Sunlust on UV. My life is now complete. Almost. I missed a secret so I'm going to have to replay the final area of God Machine all over again. Not looking forward to that at all. But I have to get a 100% secret exit because I did so in every other level.

Next stop: BTSX E1. I played up to map 3 so far, and it's just beautiful.

I've beaten Strain, and I must say it's a really awesome TC and now one of my top 10 classic Doom wads. Can't believe I missed out on this for so long, then again, that's the downside of owning the 1.666 version of Doom 2 and you have to download a couple of patches to get the 1.9 version.

Taking a break from Armadosia and Revenger and started to play Mars War. Up to MAP05 and so far is really nice, the music is pretty cool. So far it looks like an overlooked classic.

Just completed scythe 2 map 29 uv pistol start and no saves. What a level! My favourite map from the author hands down. Been also playing stuff from darkreaver, his map from pc_cp and from cc4, both challenging and very good aesthetically

I'm recently played Dump 1 & 2 and now playing Dump 3. Before these I was playing community chest 3 & 4.

I wasn't really sure of what to play, so I decided to give Hell Revealed 2 a second chance (the fist time I played it was years ago, and dropped at like MAP08/09). I'm doing pistol starts on UV and using saves, since now I'm a better player I'm enjoying the encounters now and I like the levels so far (currently at MAP31), even the clean and simple visuals. Still not exactly my cup of tea but I'm glad I could appreciate this classic.

Dystopia 3 and Strange Aeons. Dystopia is still really fun. Strange Aeons may not have a million squiggly hallways, but it does locations pretty well.

Finished Darkwave32. What a beautiful map with a beautiful midi and also difficult. I used the cybers in the big areas to kill most of the monsters then cleared the other area that lead to teleporter section (ingenious setup) where I have slipped out killing a pair of barons camper outside till the cyber died. Final time 50 mins; after, I saw some demos and there where mulitple ways to complete the level more safe that the one I used :/
One of the most impressive levels I've played recently as visuals, gameplay and music, Top stuff

I have recently finished Scythe, Back to Saturn X Episode 1 and Doom World forums 1,2,3, all on UV.
However, I couldn't beat Map 28 and the last Map in Scythe, so I used IDDQD (I was very angry with these 2 damn levels).
Also, the last map in BTSX seemed balls to the wall hard during the giant arena fight and I had to flee from killing all the monsters, but, in the end, I managed to beat the level. I enjoyed the wad as a whole (graphics, music, gameplay, challenge, it's all there) and I will get to play Episode 2 in the future.

Currently playing Epic 2 (ancient Egypt style, Powerslave would fit perfectly here) and Ancient Aliens.

Currently playing through Icarus, trying to get back into the old school no-jumping doom. currently halfway through map 3, going slow, maybe one level a day since I don't have much spare time....

KdGanaz0 said:

Currently playing through Icarus

Wow, I too am playing WHERE THE FUCK DO I GO NOW WHAT DID THAT SWITCH DO HOW DO I GET THAT KEY WHY AM I EVEN PLAYING THIS OH LOOK A KITCHEN THATS NEAT Icarus.

I'm at Feeding Frenzy right now, having started it last night. It's an experience, that's one way of putting it.