Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

What are you playing now?

Got to MAP23 of Interception. To put it short - overall it's my cup of tea, at least because certain maps (and songs) do have a fairly strong mood. Something tells me that none of the remaining maps will be like that, but probably I will play them too.

After getting through the DWMC last month, and since this month I decided not to play anything new due to being busy with university and stuff, I've been casually UV-pistol starting some Doom II and TNT: Evilution maps, nice experience, I mean Mount Pain wasn't even that painful wtf...

Playing Kama Sutra, on map 16 and going through it saveless until I no longer can.  It really picks up steam after map 10 and starts getting more interesting/difficult.  My only complaint with it so far is using chaingunners to create danger.  In all, this is definitely one of the better "older" wads I've played and I think it's aged quite well.

Resurgence UV, saveless, pistol start until I can. Currently on map 19; 18 was impressive, the best looking map so far. My favorites levels for now: 11/12/13/14

I hate myself, so I play chillax with gun modifications. Why the heck they put over 6000 monsters in one map, it's insane. But I've got some inspiration from visuals, that's good side. 

19 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

I hate myself, so I play chillax with gun modifications.

If you hated yourself you'd try beating these maps the intended way, which is without OP weapon mods.

Just now, Nine Inch Heels said:

If you hated yourself you'd try beating these maps the intended way, which is without OP weapon mods.

It is still hard with op weapons :")

So TNT on UV-pistol starting is complete, I guess around 7 deaths but it was all very random. Now I know I said no new wads this month, but, BTSX1 made me fall into temptation... whatever... gorgeous maps honestly, although I sometimes feel like secrets go unnoticed with all the detailing. 

Doom 2 In Name Only, as usual HMP/continuous/saves, currently at map 08, so far a few good and ok maps, map 07 uses a lot of archviles sniping you at the same time which is annoying, and many inescapable pits as well as lava type shit, to the point I rage quit 2 times and lost interest in the map. It's still an interesting concept though the jump from having 100 enemies to almost 400 mainly the most dangerous mid-tiers felt strange. 

Doing the DWMC thing this month, so SUDTIC/TEUTIC/OBTIC

Also playing a lot of Fallout 4 :)

I just got done playing Doom 64: Retribution. Definitely my new favorite way to play Doom 64. <3

Dunno what I'm gonna play next though. Trying to think of something that would go well with Woolie Wool's Mutiny mod but nothing is coming up. I wanna avoid any megawads that have an IoS for that kind of mod. :I

Finished all of (Not) Plutonia 3 - Going to Surface. It's not Plutonia 3, there is no Plutonia 3. It just uses the Plutona name for the sake of clickbait and it's pretty much four hours of 32-levels that are poorly made and just bad all around. TNT: Revilution will wipe the bad taste off my mouth.

Continued my trip down memory lane and ended up playing "Dark Side of the Mind" (Darkside.wad aka Gather2 Map05) by Daniel Norman.   I forgot how much I love to hate this map.  Excellent map.

Doom-wise, I've started Obituary (for the second time) for the Club play.

I also started Ol' No Name. On UV. And then almost immediately restarted on HMP. Holy crap. I was not expecting this level of brutality. A lot of B.S. encounters and getting caught on detailing resulting in like a million deaths. I eventually survived MAP01 at least.

Outside Doom, I just started in on my Father's Day gift: Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero. Absolutely loving it. Might even be better than its predecessor (the fantastic Shantae & the Pirate's Curse.)

I finished play "Suspended in Dusk" some minutes ago. It was awesome experience and I like Espi's mapping style. Almost everything felt like they belong in their  place(monsters/decorations/visuals). 

Suspended in Dusk is great, outside of that stupid computer switch in MAP03 that's mandatory for progression (I ended up going into Doom Builder to find that damn thing).  One of the few WAD's I've pistol-started from beginning to end too.

Just finished up Jan ver der Veken's Dawn of the Dead (you can probably guess why I played it from the name alone) on UV Continuous. Some neat stuff in there, visually keeping close to the E1 style, but a bunch of the later maps get very grindy with the amount of Cacos and Barons lurking about.  Certainly not the finest use of the D1 bestiary, to be sure.  Other than that, I'm picking back up AV on HMP, since I put most of my Doom playing on hold while JOM4 was going on, and I've been giving TerminusEst13's High Noon Drifter a go through Vanguard and Valiant.

Time for Ancient Aliens, first 4 maps and it is what I was expecting to be. Somewhat hard and at first I thought I'd get overwhelmed by the pressure of following a linear progression in order to kill the most important actors in each map, like the cyber in map 01, the alien arachnotrons in map 03 (cool sprites!) and the archviles in map 04. It's a change of pace for sure, trying to go the intended way while playing in continuous mode, not that ammo is abundant to "break" the rules, still is better to do the maths without checking the last page... (oh nice metaphor there)

I was playing Sgt. Mark IV's Armagedoom until I got to the Sewers level and remembered why I stopped before: missing textures and things and the hitscan bonanza early at the start of the game killed it for me. :x

I just played through No Rest for the Living with Space Hunter; a super fun Metroid inspired modification. Combine-Kegan sure does know how to make a great Doom mod.

Played MAP02 of Ol' No Name the other night and HOLY CRAP. Epic, epic map. Took me over an hour to get through. Lots of dickish traps, but there's a reason I play with saves. I did pretty much skip the final battle; just made a beeline straight for the exit. (The one time I tried to fight I was rewarded with a trio of archies in my face, no thx.) Fantastic level, though I hope maps 3-4 dial it back a bit. (I doubt I'll be so lucky, though.)

Also started playing Eviltech because how did I miss an early Monti megawad? (Love me some Monti maps.) So much fun.

I'm revisiting Scythe 2 under "legit" GLBoom+ conditions in an attempt to casually max all the maps without saves. Also played through Erik Alm's eaxt.wad which was surprisingly hardcore compared to his usual style.

Just played nuts.wad again since I got a new computer. shaved 10 minutes off my last time (even w gzdoom's lights and brightmaps loaded)

Experiencing Nirvana, it's unlike anything I've ever played.  I've enjoyed this so much that I recorded max/speed/pacifist/reality demos for it.

19 minutes ago, Snikle said:

Japanese Community Project. Very good mapset.

I've been wanting to play this but haven't gotten around to it.  How many maps into it are you?