Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

What are you playing now?

I tried playing Scythe with Brutal Doom. Never again. I'll try again another day.

Currently playing Hell Revealed with LegenDoom and RDND.

1 hour ago, loveless said:

I've been wanting to play this but haven't gotten around to it.  How many maps into it are you?

I'm on map 29.

I played Oblige yesterday. I think with all the standard setup so nothing out of the ordinary. First level had a railgun marine sniping me in the same room I spawned in. Other than that it turned easy as I had a gang of 10 helper marines with me for a while.

13 hours ago, Spectre01 said:

I'm revisiting Scythe 2 under "legit" GLBoom+ conditions in an attempt to casually max all the maps without saves. Also played through Erik Alm's eaxt.wad which was surprisingly hardcore compared to his usual style.

Gl. Only saveless e3 maps (aside from 21 and 22) I've done are 24 (not very difficult) and 29. Maps 23/25/26/27 are the real pain

10 hours ago, Paul977 said:

Gl. Only saveless e3 maps (aside from 21 and 22) I've done are 24 (not very difficult) and 29. Maps 23/25/26/27 are the real pain

Thanks! e3 should be an interesting challenge. It's cool that you've done 29 saveless as I've seen many consider it to be one of the hardest in the set.

13 hours ago, Spectre01 said:

Thanks! e3 should be an interesting challenge. It's cool that you've done 29 saveless as I've seen many consider it to be one of the hardest in the set.

29 is so far my favourite scythe 2 map. I think it is considered one of the hardest to speedrun; the thing I really like about this map is that (once you know the level) there are many possible routes for completing it

Back to Saturn X: Episode 2, as I expected, beautiful visuals and smooth music. Map 01's blue key had me roaming around the entire map for 20 minutes, and when I found its door, it was like WTF. Map 02 is cool for fun with barrels but the archviles presence made it look odd in my opinion. Map 03 felt like haunted, really great. And now I'm at map 04. 

To be continued...  

Reverie, which is so far a nice old school 32-maps megawad, currently on map 09. This wad is killing my "observation skills", in other words, secrets avoid me in every map :(

I've been playing through Bloodstain again, this time with High Noon Drifter by terminusest13. Really fun to revisit a good mapset with completely different weapons and playstyle.

I need finish Miasma map and grab something oldschool like Perdition's gate.

BTSX Ep.1....playing and recording now. Just finished maps 16 and 17, map 18 is next

>:)

I just replayed Zar, a great classic style level. If you like old wads you'll probably enjoy it too. Just don't press on the wall behind the red key.

in case you haven't seen my activity on the wiki lately, I am replaying Going Down, the greatest slaughter/semi-slaughter megawad by sheer balance, fun, balance, and fun.

I have to say it is hell to document the information for a lot of map secrets, especially the ones from D2INO or any other map that will have more than five secrets. Describing where everything is is certainly the fun part about it, but also I have been recently ordering the sector numbers around to coincide with where a player would find them as they progress through the level. Boy am I gonna have to redo a few other secret lists I've done for certain maps once I decide to revisit them.

Finally playing Scythe, heard so much and seen a little but haven't played it until now.  It hasn't felt truly "hard" until map 27(what I'm currently on) but I've died probably 7-8 times between maps 6 to current, maybe some more I'm forgetting.  Definitely looking forward to Scythe 2 but I plan on playing Counterattack after this.

19 minutes ago, loveless said:

Definitely looking forward to Scythe 2 but I plan on playing Counterattack after this.

I have mixed feelings on scythe 2,the first 2-3 episodes are amazing but later it goes downhill :( though the "garden warfare" episode was kinda cool :)

@SOSU  I'll try to remember this.  The only thing I don't look forward to are dealing with afrits(seen them before in QStrike, Resurgence, and their one-off use in 20X7) but from what I've seen Scythe 2 looks solid and exciting.

Just now, loveless said:

@SOSU  I'll try to remember this.  The only thing I don't look forward to are dealing with afrits(seen them before in QStrike, Resurgence, and their one-off use in 20X7) but from what I've seen Scythe 2 looks solid and exciting.

Ehh don't worry they only appear in the last map :) (maybe 1 or 2 in one of the last maps,can't remember)

The later episodes of Scythe 2 are great and I'd say the tech base E3 (maps 11-15) is the weakest. Of course that depends on you tolerance for difficulty as maps 23 and beyond are significantly more serious. Also Mr X who requires a very different approach to fight.

24 minutes ago, Spectre01 said:

Also Mr X who requires a very different approach to fight.

Mr X looks wild af.

2 hours ago, NuMetalManiak said:

in case you haven't seen my activity on the wiki lately, I am replaying Going Down, the greatest slaughter/semi-slaughter megawad by sheer balance, fun, balance, and fun.

I have to say it is hell to document the information for a lot of map secrets, especially the ones from D2INO or any other map that will have more than five secrets. Describing where everything is is certainly the fun part about it, but also I have been recently ordering the sector numbers around to coincide with where a player would find them as they progress through the level. Boy am I gonna have to redo a few other secret lists I've done for certain maps once I decide to revisit them.

Do you need help with that? With D2INO and other wads... I like secrets (?)

I've been playing Monti's Eviltech (UV continuous). The first 11 levels are clearly early Monti fare, featuring his trademark sweeping, organic layouts. It's obviously early stuff, as the encounter design is pretty much on an IWAD level, without any real challenging parts aside from locating all the secrets. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast. But then MAP11 ends with a death exit, and suddenly MAP12 is a massive 1+ hour adventure that's pretty brutal and amazing. The next level is another huge affair (though slightly easier) and it looks like the next 6-7 maps all have similar-looking starting rooms, making me think they're all going to be themselves monstrous maps. Super cool.

9 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Do you need help with that? With D2INO and other wads... I like secrets (?)

No I actually got done with D2INO's secrets quite a while ago, I was just saying some maps had plenty of secrets, like MAP19 and the Joseph Lord maps (those two maps, MAP27 and MAP34 were actually very awful maps too). Sounds like you could use some help though considering how Reverie's going.

9 hours ago, Salt-Man Z said:

I've been playing Monti's Eviltech (UV continuous). The first 11 levels are clearly early Monti fare, featuring his trademark sweeping, organic layouts. It's obviously early stuff, as the encounter design is pretty much on an IWAD level, without any real challenging parts aside from locating all the secrets. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast. But then MAP11 ends with a death exit, and suddenly MAP12 is a massive 1+ hour adventure that's pretty brutal and amazing. The next level is another huge affair (though slightly easier) and it looks like the next 6-7 maps all have similar-looking starting rooms, making me think they're all going to be themselves monstrous maps. Super cool.

I've always kinda liked Eviltech for its shifting of themes per episode as well. The E1 style for the first episode is great, although yeah, the second one is just huge as hell and I got really annoying with the music sometimes (MAP12's music is just awful). Wait till you get to the secret levels, they were quite unique too.

Spoiler

thankfully the third episode is also a bit shorter too.