Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

What are you playing now?

Currently playing through TNT: Evilution with the Lithium mod.

TNT: Evilution has become something of my testing ground for trying out gameplay mods. :P

Started playing Bruised the other night...need to restart and beat this in one go as it's pretty good and I was playing poorly.

Just found my way here. Have been playing Brutal alot the last years, but dived now deeper into the mod thing. Playing alot of D4T on Maps of Chaos recently. Lots of fun and adrenaline :)

1 hour ago, BenTheMan said:

Just found my way here. Have been playing Brutal alot the last years, but dived now deeper into the mod thing. Playing alot of D4T on Maps of Chaos recently. Lots of fun and adrenaline :)

ever try back to saturn X? it's a good time, allows you to branch out into more vanilla stuff too

1 minute ago, bioshockfan90 said:

ever try back to saturn X? it's a good time, allows you to branch out into more vanilla stuff too

I have heard about it today in one of Icarus videos though. To be honest I am currently more enjoying faster gameplay mods at the moment. But I will definitely try it out. Thanks for the tipp :)

I updated GZDoom and found that The Given now runs at about 20fps as opposed to like...1, so I was able to actually play it and oh boy. It took me about 75 minutes and it was great fun. The puzzles that teleport you to someplace else if you screw up nearly gave me a heart attack when I did, heh. The ending was..unexpected :P

Playing Perdition's Gate in UV continuous, and am blasting through it at a very rapid rate, now on level 21 after three sessions. Very surprised indeed by the 'compact' size of the levels, most of them seem to have only around 50-60 monsters, with 100+ being in the minority. As a megawad it probably most resembles something like TVR (Revolution), and is arguably a little too easy, though straightforwardness is something I tend to value in Classic Doom wads. 

Would normally have submitted a review in the Idgames/Downloads section, but this doesn't seem possible. After reading a great deal of somewhat ambiguous, inconclusive stuff on this site and others, I get the impression that this package is still in a 'grey area' as far as legitimate downloading goes....

Closing in on the end of Moonblood, and man, I'm kinda worried I might just shove my keyboard through my monitor in a fit of rage.

I'm playing through the latest version of Dark Universe with the Doomzone mod. Having a blast. Taking a break before I try the newest map added to it (map 05). :D

Recently downloaded Whitemare to play with glboom+, the first map was a bit odd for a starter, it suddenly spits dozens of monsters in a wide open canyon. Not my preferred style, since I'm not so fond of layouts that feel "too big" and enemies are "just there". Still, expecting some real whitemares!

Playing the second episode of Doom The Way Id Did - Lost Episodes, using Complex Doom on UV difficulty. This mod forces the player to be fully alert and be ready to take cover, as one can so easily be caught out while reloading or by some of the enemies' fiendish projectiles. I like the very straightforward and useful inventory system it uses as well - so much better than the overblown and time-consuming one on a game like Deus Ex, for example.

On 20/12/2017 at 5:02 AM, Salt-Man Z said:

Closing in on the end of Moonblood, and man, I'm kinda worried I might just shove my keyboard through my monitor in a fit of rage.

The only reason I didn't do that when playing the penultimate level of Moonblood was that I was playing it on a laptop......

Playing through Joy of Mapping 5 with High Noon Drifter. Was also playing it with the Kriegsland Enemy Pack until GZDoom crashed on me when I was fighting through the waves of enemies that pop up when you use the red key in the hub map.

9 hours ago, DaIcemann76 said:

Currently playing through H2H-Xmas with Complex Doom and LCA.

Meh, I also wonder on replaying H2H-Xmas. It's just that I've been playing it since 2009, I'm not sure if I get bored.

Last night I finished Eternal's ICAR:2015, a big ol' love letter to Icarus. The first map is a bit of a stinker, but then it's all great stuff from there. The final map (MAP11) I think tried to homage the entire megawad all at once (so there was a kitchen and restaurant, vegetable gardens, etc.) which was pretty cool to see.

Yesterday started Scythe X, great wad that unfortunately will remain unfinished, forever... and since it went real quick, tomorrow I'll start Da Will with glboom+. Tested the first map, a neat tougher Congo remake revisit from The Plutonia Experiment, hope to have fun with the rest. 

Just playing random maps from cd compilations like infamous D!zone or Maximum Doom, because I missed unrefined, quite naive design of those times when Doom and mapping was something new and exciting.

4 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

tomorrow I'll start Da Will with glboom+. Tested the first map, a neat tougher Congo remake revisit from The Plutonia Experiment, hope to have fun with the rest. 

Da Will was a blast. And I loved Sacrament, the next WAD by the same crew.

On 30/12/2017 at 3:02 AM, galileo31dos01 said:

tomorrow I'll start Da Will with glboom+. Tested the first map, a neat tougher Congo remake revisit from The Plutonia Experiment, hope to have fun with the rest. 

Da Will was pretty good overall, if you liked it I would recommend Sacrament if you haven't played it, imo it's better and with some stuff that is really worth to be seen.

I just replayed Jenesis, had a very good time revisiting it after years. I was a bit surprised that I still remember so well the music rather than the maps. MAP15 is rather memorable with its golden rivers, and MAP29 was my favourite with its cool creepy atmosphere.

22 minutes ago, gaspe said:

Da Will was pretty good overall, if you liked it I would recommend Sacrament if you haven't played it, imo it's better and with some stuff that is really worth to be seen.

Sacrament's TITLEPIC caught my attention a while ago, the blue-black combination is awesome. Weird thing, everytime I search "da will" in the forum, it takes like 35 seconds to show the results. 

--------------------------------------------

I just thought about trying Epic 1 with glboom+, will probably start later instead of tomorrow (too much free time these, days). Also replaying Reverie again for the DWMC.

Edited by galileo31dos01

Just completed Doom 2 Reloaded! First mega wad I've seen through to the end in probably 6/7 years. Cracking map set, kept me interested to the end.

Going to play Reverie next.

Edited by Liberation : Next wad!

On 30/12/2017 at 4:30 AM, Myst.Haruko said:

Just playing random maps from cd compilations like infamous D!zone or Maximum Doom, because I missed unrefined, quite naive design of those times when Doom and mapping was something new and exciting.

As a result of reading your post, I did some searching around and was surprised to find that Maximum Doom can still be located and downloaded as a complete package. I also discovered Demon Gate, another 1990s compilation of several hundred wads.

These provide a fascinating opportunity to study the early history of the game within the fan community. There are plenty of very accomplished wads here, and in particular I enjoyed a very large and complex one called Citadel Of Sorrow. Most of the stuff is of course very mediocre or downright inept. At one point I found myself playing Satan's Hell Hole (Cheese.wad), a sprawling, incoherent mixture of environments. 'Highlights' were red and blue colour-coded doors which needed no red or blue keys to open, a room with four teleporters where the player was just shunted around the room to no purpose and couldn't leave,  then a McDonald's restaurant with a Baron Of Hell in the ladies lavatory. Just when it seemed things couldn't get any worse, I fell into a pit of inescapable nukage (such as one often finds across the street from McDonald's). By this time I'd lost the will to live, and quit for the day....

Edited by Summer Deep

Been playing Memento Mori (the Doom 2 mod) these days. Holy shit looks like later levels feature slaughter-like maps from the Casali brothers. I didn't see that coming :v , but I'm glad I finished them, intense stuff and fun. I'll post a review when I'm done, it's going really slow for some reason.

I've just started the Confinement Community project, on HMP. Up to map 7. Pretty good so far! I've always enjoyed how the limitations of the confinement projects bring out the creativity in people. So far, Map 02 especially, by Dreadopp, has a brilliant sense of scale despite having the small play area.