Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

What are you playing now?

Memento Mori 2 on UV -fast *heart eye emoji*

Literally Memento Mori 1 but better in nearly every way.

I've just finished my final video on the Old Map Compilation, which felt like I'd finally caught up with 1995... Albeit 7 years late. Making these videos gave me a wave of nostalgia, so I went back to some of the WADs I remember from way back when and played Yakworld, Doom in Tibet, Hoover Dam and Villa. They all stood up well to my memories of them and provided more challenge than I expected (aside from Yakworld, which was actually surprisingly easy). I may need to check out the rest of what Mike Reed made and see if Keith Sheehan ever went on to create anything else.

Playing Drown in Blood with op guns, because multiplayer experiences were quite bad. Enjoying so far. 

I just started playing Heretic last night. Got through 3 levels and halfway through a 4th I think. It's pretty fun and I bet it will be more fun once I get the swing of things (This is my first post, hello everyone.)

Started playing NeoDoom: Vaccinated Edition today with High Noon Drifter and DoomRLA Monsters for a little added flavor in enemy variety.

Finished the lost episodes for the "DOOM the way ID did" and i just began "No end in sight". All i can say is damn, @Xaser, E1M7 - Biosphere is one of the best Ult Doom map i've played in a long time.

15 hours ago, Shanoa said:

Finished the lost episodes for the "DOOM the way ID did" and i just began "No end in sight". All i can say is damn, @Xaser, E1M7 - Biosphere is one of the best Ult Doom map i've played in a long time.

Dang, only a week to do the Lost Episodes? You're a friggin' machine! :)

1 hour ago, Salt-Man Z said:

Dang, only a week to do the Lost Episodes? You're a friggin' machine! :)

Ya, lately i've been setting aside time specifically for DOOM, i haven't really played anything console related. It's one or the other and i'm in need of my DOOM fix as of late. ;)

Currently playing Jenesis by Jimmy Paddlock, using GlBoom+ on my usual settings HMP and continuous with restrictions, first map was a fun appetizer and a bit longer typical starters, only complaint was all those imps on ledges and the symmetrical four turret revs that were screaming for a non-existing secret crusher. The second map was kind of a bastard, lots of hitscanners and revenants, some Plutonia vibes which was really cool. And map 03 turns out to be also in FreeDoom 2, for whatever reason, and it was an easy ride thanks to foreknowledge. 

New megawad for me... Ultimate Simplicity! which I really should of played when it came out but for some reason didn't. 

Playing jthfixv3.wad with High Noon Drifter, DoomRLA Monsters, LegenDoom Lite, and the Doom Ambiance Music Pack.

Were it not for the fact that I have Infinite Basilissa Summon turned On, map 32 would have been impossible for me to beat with its 3000+ monster count and my FPS taking massive hits, heh.

I downloaded a bunch of wads to keep me "busy" for a while, the first one to play is Real World with crispy, I don't know what it is about or when it was made (no date info in the .txt), seems to be 90's oriented, or made in the 90's (???) whatever, could be fun.

Playing JPCP with Final Doomer. I'm really impressed by how well this mod works, considering how unusual are the new weapons.

I'm attempting Pizza Steve again with the Doom Incarnate mod. Dual wielding BFG's should make maneuvering the maps easier (save for a map bug in map 04 where you have to either noclip to hit a switch to lower the yellow key or just give yourself all of the keys; that's about as far as I got last time before I quit).

EDIT: Map 04 of Pizza Steve isn't broke, I just didn't wallhump enough. :V Progression through this megaWAD is kind of obtuse.

Edited by Nems

So in these days I played Tangerine Nightmare, beautiful wad, hope someday it will be on idgames. 

And now I'm going to play Khorus' Speedy Shit with Crispy, as I don't think I've ever played a wad from his (her? theirs?), aside from a map in Unholy Realms. The first maps were no jokes, limited health and ammo plus some dangerous enemy placement. Super bite-sized maps are not my thing, but this seems to be fun. 

Playing through the Doomworld 2017 Megaproject.

Not a fan so far but I'm gonna push through it and play through all the maps so I can leave a review.

On 2/12/2018 at 8:04 AM, Valboom said:

Master Levels for Doom II...too boring

Lol you look bored in your avvy. They're not anything special.

Playing an early mapset called DARKGATE.WAD. It's crass, repetitive and utterly inept by today's standards, but it looks like a fair challenge until I get fed up of it (which I will). It was clearly designed as an Original Doom game, but my version (from the 1001 Nights Of Doom collection) will only run on Doom 2. Not sure why that is, but maybe someone on here could shed some light?

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom/d-f/darkgate

Edited by Summer Deep

Still playing MM2. Gosh I'm slower than a turtle sometimes lol, other people finished a number of games during this time, and then there's me...

Back when I started, I was really hoping they'd learn their lesson and avoid making maps that drag on, but so far it looks like the same mistake was committed and was taken even further.

I'm currently playing "1 Monster" and I am currently on like map 19 or 20 the one with all the revetments. Next up is the map with all the Cyberdemons. This is a rather interesting wad, you already know what kind of strategy that you need based upon the first enemy that you see in each map. I would have to say my favorite maps are the ones made by Dutch Devil. Up next on my playlist is HUMP.wad for Heretic.

Currently playing Moonblood with glboom+, first 4 maps done, so far I can see the inspiration from the wads mentioned in the text file, only thing that doesn't convince me is the filter, I might need to switch it off but otherwise the maps have been good. 

Playing Unholy Realms. I liked it, found it quite inspirational. I'm on map 11-12( I don't remember exactly which map number it is).