Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

What are you playing now?

40 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

@CyberDreams "idclev X Y" where X is episode number and Y is map number, in Doom I of course. Or else "map EXMX" in the console. As far as I can tell there is no way to bind a key to restart a map in GZDoom like "Home" is in PRB+, but you can use a mod that automatically makes you pistol start each map, DyingCamel uses his own, maybe you could ask him about it. 

Oh duh...i should of just thought of completely restarting the map (warping). I guess i was just thinking of a key such as what you were saying, like the "Home" key in PrBoom+ (really convenient) but i sort of figured someone would of made their own mod. I'll ask DyingCamel if i see him around (haven't stopped by his Twitch stream in a while either) as i've been using GZDoom more lately. Thanks for the info! :)

2 hours ago, CyberDreams said:

Oh duh...i should of just thought of completely restarting the map (warping). I guess i was just thinking of a key such as what you were saying, like the "Home" key in PrBoom+ (really convenient) but i sort of figured someone would of made their own mod. I'll ask DyingCamel if i see him around (haven't stopped by his Twitch stream in a while either) as i've been using GZDoom more lately. Thanks for the info! :)

@m8f made a neat little mod that allows you to automatically pistol start maps. Works great for me. Link: IDCLEVer Starter

9 hours ago, captain crunchy said:

Also finally getting around to No End In Sight. Only on E1 but the level design is just out of this world. It's hard to make vanilla textures look pretty but Xaser and NT acquit themselves well. The challenge is very welcome too- you're not sleeping through any of these maps.

Played through most of this recently (still slowly working through E4) and adored it. E2 was really creepy and E3 absolutely nails Hell.

Yeah, NEIS is amazing, but E4 is like another animal altogether. I think I put it on pause like two years ago, and haven't screwed up the courage to go back since.

I just played through Deimos: The Damned Moon, sequel to last year's Phobos: The Doomed Moon (which is included in the sequel WAD.) Phobos was a fantastic debut, and though I don't love the sequel quite as much, I still had an absolute blast.

Also started in on Ep2 of Splatterhouse 3D. I only played a little of the Genesis game the first episode was based on, but it captures its spirit fantastically. Not usually a fan of over-the-top gore in my Doom, but it's a necessary component here, and really rather cathartic.

Chubz Missions (Episode 1), cool DTWID style mapset by chubzdoomer of the Call of Dooty seires fame, maybe sometimes fells too basic even for this kind of project, but is still a fun mapset. E1M4 is horribly broken and unfinished (reached that point), going around it on noclip cheat. Kinda bad, since it looks like a cool map like the others.

Right now i'm playing brutal doom for the first time, Very good mod. I'm playing the Realistic normal mode, very fun, very scary, and very diffirent. My favorite new weapon is the Shotgun rifle. It feels so good to use.

Also working on my own doom wad, Been in the making since july of 2018 (my PC broke so i had to get a new one) thankfully i had a saved copy of the Wad, but it was a very early version, so i had to start over.

now i'm just getting back into making it again. lost all the ideas i had, but i'm making new ones.

Expect it to come out later this month or early may. It won't be a very good wad, since it will be my first one.

Finished Rush yesterday and now I'm looking for more stuff to play. Probably going to check Phobos The Doomed Moon next.

23 minutes ago, seed said:

Finished Rush yesterday and now I'm looking for more stuff to play. Probably going to check Phobos The Doomed Moon next.

Try Hurt:

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/105598-hurt-singleplayer-map-in-hell/

Finished up Infinity finally after not really playing anything except for testing a map (Verdant Citadel which was really good). I liked Infinity the best i think although Eternity was also really good. I actually remembered a few of the maps from Infinity when i played through the Serenity Trilogy some years ago. I did think the ending to Infinity was a bit of a let down compared to Serenity's though.

Anyways, next up is Trinity College (The Unholy Trinity). I'll probably play both the Doom 1 and 2 versions, just to see the difference between weapons/monsters. I've only played the Doom 1 version some years ago. After that i might try out either Slaughter Until Death or Fava Beans (more Doom 1 maps to get ready for SIGIL). Remember, there will be no SSG in SIGIL ;)

14 hours ago, DoctorFrickinRetro said:

I've been playing early custom wads, any recommendations are welcomed.

The Abyss 

Hell in Hell

Perdition's Gate

Hell 2 Pay

Mars War

The Darkening 1 and 2

Dawn of The Dead

The Classic Episode

Meanwhile I will be starting Phmlspd one of these days. REKKR was the shit, gorgeous, highly recommended, specially the rescuing puppies missions, that was the best thing I've ever seen in any TC. In addition, Hurt by elend, probably before Phmlspd. I saw this being tested in @Bridgeburner56's stream and it looked very intriguing, although I still have consequences from watching him kill baby cacos :'(  

Working my way through Combat Shock, Congestion 1024, Zone 300 and BloodRust right now. Rotating when one of them starts pissing me off.

Finally started playing The Wayfarer. Not a fan of hot starts with mobs of enemies in my Heretic WADs, but once that settled down I really enjoyed the first map.

Playing Kama Sutra now.

HR influence is real from what I've seen so far for sure, but could have been better early on by avoiding the usage of enemies that spawn in thin air right in front of you. I dunno, but that's one kind of trap that's always dumb imo, regardless of how it's used.

Playing WADPAK3.WAD, reached E1M5 start so far.

First levels of episode 1 are genuinely bad (until E1M3), E1M4 is a cool map (is the famous memfis.wad - no, not the mapper).

Also played 1994 reasons for playing Doom by grb (fun maps) and a very little part of Grim Sense of humour, a episode 1 replacement from God knows when uploaded by the crazy uploader of every wad made Perseus in 2012, that looks like the today equivalent of making one episode using the doom builder 2 default assets for all the maps.

Well i finished up Slaughter Until Death and now i'm midway through The Evil Unleashed which is a tad harder (a little bit of ammo starvation imo). I must have played these already as i remember certain parts of them but oh well. Good classic mapsets. 

I didn't feel like messing around with DOSBox just to get the graphics patch to work so i'm playing without it installed.

12 hours ago, joepallai said:

Started playing Atonement by @The Mysterious Moustachio

I am really liking this set so far (halfway through map 02).   

Honestly can't stop thinking of this WAD. Can't wait for the release of Ep4 to give me an excuse to replay it all.

Ok, I have played:

- Phmlspd: fun content overall, some great weapon variety and simplistic decent visuals, brown is good. Interesting concepts although some maps completely sucked my energy due to what seemed like eternal cleanup, map13 being the biggest case. I also found a starting fight in another slot (18) but unfortunately no way to exit the map. Anyways, recommendable as a slaughter-grindy combo if that's your thing.  

- Hurt by @elend, that gorgeous atmospheric single map for GZDoom I had to postpone, well I finally got around it and finnished this morning. Amazing! Definitely worth the time. 

Community Chest 3, which wasn't more fun than CC2 in any way but still provided a handful of content that surely entertained me, more or less. The memes were real, like how progression was sometimes unclear, thankfully not in the level of CC1. 

Next is going to be Base Ganymede by Khorus. Been needing a bit of Doom 1 in my life recently.

2 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Community Chest 3, which wasn't more fun than CC2 in any way but still provided a handful of content that surely entertained me, more or less. The memes were real, like how progression was sometimes unclear, thankfully not in the level of CC1. 

Hey, I'm in the middle of playing that too! Have any favorites?

10 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Interesting concepts although some maps completely sucked my energy due to what seemed like eternal cleanup, map13 being the biggest case.

Yeah ph13 is a grindmap, I think the faster UVmaxes are around and about 30 minutes. Personally I prefer map 12 ;-) Can be cleaned up in less than 10 minutes and isn't too difficult either.

Speaking of playing stuff.. I'm currently playing RJSLAB up and down... I Need more power!:P

2 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Speaking of playing stuff.. I'm currently playing RJSLAB up and down... I Need more power!:P

I read this as "upside down" D:

I replay some levels from ESP2 for the DMWC reviews.

I plan some demos for the first "3 heures d'Agonie" , so I play this wad a lot when I have the time.

2 maps left on Perdition's Gate. Had it been included in Final Doom before the window of opportunity was closed, it would have been my second favorite after Plutonia in it. Though I suspect some maps wouldn't have existed without Wraith Corp. entering the fray.

First half is pretty much the best parts of TNT and only the best parts (my objectivity at its best). The second half of the megawad is comprised of a lot of way too short maps (under 3mn for a max on my first attempts) but the gameplay is mostly on point. Heck, it predates Scythe at moments. Map 27 is a masterpiece for a 1996 outing too and is quite meaty.

I also dig some Dr. Sleep influences here and there with the way lighting is handled or the one or two times marble and metal pillars are used. Parts remind me of Quake 1 techbases too, and some Plutonia-like architecture. It's funny how they (accidentally?) converged here.

Something I can't believe I would say one day, is that the plot (communicated through map names) actually enhances some of the maps. I suspect this "quirk" would have been slashed if id had taken hold of the wad, so yeah maybe it's a good thing they didn't.

Either way, it's now among my favorites 90's megawads and it's a crying shame it isn't mentioned anywhere in the 10 years of Doom. Maybe it would have been very influential if it didn't get distributed the way it did.

Blasting through Plutonia 2 currently. I'm really liking it so far, good to experience some more fan sequels to the IWADs.