Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

What are you playing now?

I'm playing two games, Ancient Aliens and Hell ( I wanna be harder than Plutoina for the sake of being hard ) Revealed

I finished the first half of Ancient Aliens,it's great so far, Hell Revealed however is a pain in the ass, the first 12 maps are so boring and dull, I'm now halfway in this game, map 15 was propably the only good map in HR so far, I played map 21 and map 25 a long tim ago and I think they're good maps.

Edited by sincity2100

finished Hell Revealed Map 18, now I'm going to map 19, this game is just a chore to play, and the maps that I enjoyed so far are Map15, Map32 and Map16..

Map 18 was a pain in the ass that I didn't even bother killing the remaining annoying enemies and I went straight to the exit...

Finished two classics: Requiem and Kama Sutra. Both have actually something in common even if they're not really related: their love for 3D bridges.

I was a bit disappointed about Requiem, because imo it falls short of both Memento Moris. Most maps are not really memorable, with some exceptions (MAP11, MAP15, MAP22). Also the difficulty curve is a bit weird: many easy maps, also in the last episode, but others surprisingly hard (MAP23/24). I've read however that the development process was not easy.

Kama Sutra instead was mostly a lot of fun, despite of the monster blocking lines which made me smile often. MAP18 ("The Train is Approaching") is outstanding, and there are other cool maps as well. Most maps are easy with lots of health and ammo, althought there are some tricky hot starts (MAP25, MAP32 ...) and obviously MAP28 which is ... well, it feels more like work than fun, although it has an interesting nonlinear structure.

Going for "Speed of Doom" now, another classic. First maps are cool so far, with interesting little (still easy) setpieces. In MAP04 I almost threw the computer out of the window when trying to go for the mega-hurting-slime secret until I discovered the radsuits ...

Edited by erzboesewicht

I "beat" map24 from Hell Revealed , I just didn't care anymore, I just cheated to beat this map, this map can screw off...

I just played through all of UAC Ultra again and wanted something with a similar classic style gameplay. I booted up Eviternity which got too crazy for my taste at the moment, but I ran into Akeldama, currently on map 08 and I'm super impressed, this is a blast!

Project Osiris

No connection with the mid-1990s Ancient Egypt themed TC, but an excellent and very accurate remake of the old Amiga game Alien Breed 3D, which runs in GZDoomFar more playable than it ever was on the A1200 or CD32. Highly recommended, especially with the CD32 music pack.

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=67666

Edited by Summer Deep

This poor neglected thread. T_T

I've recently finished off Magic Doom, which was a quirky blast of fun. Also A Doomer Board's Christmas Carol, which was wild, though I think I preferred the first DBP Christmas WAD by a hair. I liked the use of bells (Keens) to trigger progress/secrets (once I figured out how they worked, at least; it might have been nice of them to set up a more-obvious example early on.)

Currently halfway through replaying the 4-level Prototype, a fave from a few years back.

I am playing THT Threnody with LegenDoom. It is excellent. Some levels are rather long though. I ended up having a busy week after getting through 500/900 enemies on one map and it must have been 8 days or so between Doom sessions. When I loaded the game, I didn't really remember what I was doing. It turned out I could just run around aimlessly, ignoring enemies while taking damage, find what turned out to be the last skull key, and exit. I had about 60% kills, but at that point I didn't care (not that I ever try to 100% on purpose...). I forget what map I am up to now, but the parallel dimensions level was fantastic!

Finally finished both Darkening series, now I'm playing through Ol' No Name project. After that, I don't know what I'll play next, future never knows. 

In a bit of a "replaying favorites" mood, and have been thinking of going back through Stomper for ages now, even knowing it will be forever unfinished. (And yes, I know some of it was repurposed into Freudian Slipgate, but I bounced right off that WAD the first time I tried it.) I did discover there was a 2nd beta for Stomper, so I've started in on that.

Playing the final ark of Rage, really underated, but also have a lot of negative aspects in comparation of other "free" roaming games shooters.

Also, Speedrunning DUSK!

16 minutes ago, jamondemarnatural said:

Playing the final ark of Rage, really underated, but also have a lot of negative aspects in comparation of other "free" roaming games shooters.

Also, Speedrunning DUSK!

It's actually about doom wads and mods you play now, not other games 👀

Oh lol, well then in stuck still on Bastion, the new ultra wad breaking PC, is really something!

GZDoom... naturally :o)

but actually I'm playing sergeant mark iv's e-day levels but in an all 3d version

Doomer Boards Project Dead but Dreaming.

And CQB for EDGE.

I guess I'm relatively new to Doom, completing Hell On Earth IWAD for the first time. Will probably play some random maps after that.

Recently finished:

Maskim Xul | 01 | Edin Na Zu
Maskim Xul | 02 | Maskim Xul
Maskim Xul | 03 | Uggae

Hell On Earth | 01 | Entryway
Hell On Earth | 02 | Underhalls
Hell On Earth | 03 | The Gantlet
Hell On Earth | 04 | The Focus
Hell On Earth | 05 | The Waste Tunnels

Hell On Earth | 12 | The Factory
Hell On Earth | 13 | Downtown
Hell On Earth | 14 | The Inmost Dens
Hell On Earth | 15 | Industrial Zone
Hell On Earth | 16 | Suburbs
Hell On Earth | 17 | Tenements
Hell On Earth | 18 | The Courtyard
Hell On Earth | 19 | The Citadel
Hell On Earth | 20 | Gotcha!
Hell On Earth | 21 | Nirvana
Hell On Earth | 22 | The Catacombs
Hell On Earth | 23 | Barrels O' Fun

I've owned Heretic on CD for 23 years, and somehow never played the three Episode 6 maps. Rectified that last night. M1 was kinda goofy, but M2 made for a really good single-player map. M3 could also have been pretty neat if it had been fleshed out a bit more.

Halfway through Going To Hell (WIP megawad), and while it's WIP, it's already some of the best fun i've had in a while. It generally looks and plays similarly to BTSX (but i find it much, much more fun) except a tad bit easier so far.

Eternal doom. Currently on map 23. Map 31 was the hardest so far puzzle-wise. Favourite maps so far 11,12 and 20

Playing 'No End In Sight' and E2M4 'Derelict Vessel' took me over an hour to finish. Absolutely confused the shit out of me. Brutal.

image.png.01c6f1a5f412338ede55369906cea6c2.png

The map looks very similar to the Narcissus from 'Alien'

image.png.ed8b00f04a89f34b6eedf1354aec7d09.png

Edited by Eurisko

^Derelict Vessel is an awesome map, and yes, often quite confusing.

I'm currently playing through the original H!Zone episodes for Heretic, by way of NightFright's H!Zone for ZDoom WAD. I played the first episode yesterday, and it's pretty hit-or-miss, with some obscure progression and a couple busted bits, but it's fun to have more old-school Heretic content.

I'm playing DOOM II with the D4V mod. It's such a cool mod that gives going through this game again a fresh experience! I've also started playing the Japanese Community Project megawad. 

been trying to record a demo for italo doom map 1.  the best i've done is kill everything then die to the exit platforming.  im only moderately butthurt.

On Epic 2 for the third time, currently map 26 on standby. You know when you dream you're running or trying to but it's too hard to move and then wake up fatigued? well that is today's mood heh. Also yesterday went through 4 out of 5 wads from the "DWMiniwad Club", only the Skillsaw gzdoom is left and I doubt I'll be able to boot it up but we'll see. Come join the cult club!!

Reached MAP16 of Icarus, and I don't think I've gotten this far before lol. So this should be all new territory!

E: Hit MAP23, wow this has been a...very consistently polarizing experience. I can't tell if I like this megawad or dislike it, as in its entirety, even though I've played like 90% of it at this point. Might keep it for far future endeavors, might one-and-done it. That being said, I enjoy going through TeamTNT's history and still think they were very talented modders.

Edited by Lila Feuer

Currently playing DB27: 10 Day Vacation. The concept of a resort is cute! Also I like the multiple little secrets and how I can randomly turn this lamp on:

Untitled.png

Just started the wad. The punching through demons in the cage fight is brutal though, so I lowered the difficulty to the easiest instead of my usual Hurt Me Plenty. Hopefully this helps xD