Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

What are you playing now?

I recently played most of Icarus. Most of the maps haven't aged too well, but there are some enjoyable maps in there. Currently doing a lot of testing for kristus' curse 2 and going to start a play through of Strife with choco Strife on the weekend.

Played through all the IWADs, then Perdition's gate and Icarus. Did a load of 1994 wads after that.

On to Doom 64 now, with The Evil unleashed on the side, then Plutonia 2.

I'm currently playing Kama Sutra when I have some time left... never finished this wad yet. I'm at map12 now!

Haven't really been playing anyway wads regularly recently. I've been on and off with Whispers of Satan, just started Requiem and Memento Mori, and playing around with IWADs with Scalliano's randomizer. For the most part, I've been either making my own top secret wad or writing music.

I'm on map13 of Plutonia. Besides that, I've been messing around with Scalliano's randomizer in the IWADs as well. I did start Scythex again a couple weeks back, but I haven't played it much. Oh, and I'm doing a playthrough of PsychoPhobia on youtube which has taken up most of my Doom playing time.

Random maps from the IWADs. Mostly Doom 2 and Evilution. Doom 2's maps alone are a huge source of inspiration.

Playing classic-era DOOM1 WADs from my collection one by one, starting from the end of the alphabet, and documenting the quest with demos. Currently going through WA* WADs, last one was WANTON (misplaced in the /deathmatch subdir) - ugly but a fun challenge on Nightmare.

Classic Ultimate Doom & Doom 2. I still have the original CDs from back when most of my friends had the floppy disc versions.

After years of playing current gen games I've got to admit that these games have still got it where it counts. I'm still untainted by all of the fantastic wads created since.

I am currently occupied with my most favorite level in Memento Mori II (MAP28), and plan a major improvement over my poor old UV Max record on it (12:28). This level is not only very atmospheric and exciting to play, but it also has tons of possibilities for interesting timesaving strategies, so I don't get bored.

Kama sutra in between classes cause 3/4 of my classes have computers in them - makes paying attention hard sometimes. Though I do try to wait until everyone behind me leaves, the titlescreen is gonna be awkward to explain. Just jumping around levels, I've done most of 1-15 or so before.

I play E2M2 a lot. It seems to be my favorite doom level right now. I talk a lot about how I don't like orthogonal walls in Doom, but this map is really well designed despite it being largely orthogonal. Yesterday I beat it with 100%/100%/100% (except for the lost soul in the slime pit) without taking a single hit of damage (but I came loaded from E2M1). Twas a first.

It gave me a thought. It'd be fun to play through doom with the no limit on health/armor (version 1.2 or something like that). Could set a challenge to beat the game with more than 1000% health and 1000% armor. :D

Hellbent said:

It gave me a thought. It'd be fun to play through doom with the no limit on health/armor (version 1.2 or something like that). Could set a challenge to beat the game with more than 1000% health and 1000% armor. :D

Actually, your challenge would only work with armor, and I doubt you could get 1000% in any of the episodes since only bonuses will add anything to it after you get the Megaarmor. Health was always capped, just at 199% instead of 200%.

I'm kind of playing through the PSX TC and Doom64 again.

Vader said:

I'm currently playing Kama Sutra when I have some time left... never finished this wad yet. I'm at map12 now!

I abandoned when i was on MAP17. Hard, hard, HARD! But once, I'll try again! :Đ

Played through the first two TiC episodes, really enjoyed them. Couldn't get Obituary to install and run outside of Dosbox so I moved on to Perdition's Gate and Hell to Pay. Really enjoying both so far though Hell to Pay has me pulling my hair out on occasion.

kmxexii said:

Couldn't get Obituary to install and run

DSDA hosts a port-friendly copy that requires no installation in the same ZIP as the original distro, in fixed sub-folder. Read obticfix.txt in the same sub-folder for usage notes.

Right now, I'm playing through Whispers of Satan in Hardcore and No-Infighting mode with the add-on pack. So far, I made it up to map19 (I beat all of the secret levels, but map32 was my favorite secret level in the megawad hands-down.)

Never_Again said:

DSDA hosts a port-friendly copy that requires no installation in the same ZIP as the original distro, in fixed sub-folder. Read obticfix.txt in the same sub-folder for usage notes.

Gracias! When I finish Hell to Pay this is definitely going in next.

I've been playing Doom II on XBox 360. I've been occupied exploring the No Rest for the Living maps.

I haven't made much time for Doom lately, but once I'm done exploring the XBox version, I'll be back on the PC playing some Plutonia and TNT for old time sake.

I finally got past map19 of Whispers of Satan after dying so many times yesterday in scoredoom, and now I'm in map25... boy, that map's gonna be fun.