Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

What are you playing now?

^^  MM2 has a similar issue, also in map 04 if I recall correctly. Not sure if it's co-op related, but progression depends on finding a switch which is very well disguised indeed, in the wall of a cave. In my view that pretty much counts as a 'secret', and shouldn't have been used the way it was. MM2 is otherwise an excellent megawad, but that bit really grated with me.....

6 hours ago, Shanoa said:

I was long overdue with playing "Doom the way ID Did", finished it and it was excellent and then i began playing D2TWID.

If you liked DTWID, be sure to give DTWID: Lost Levels a try. There's so much great stuff that didn't make the final project. 

Between being not sure about what to play and downloading wads to put them off for some other day, I finally decided to play Rush, something totally different from the exploration/grindy gameplay I also enjoy, the first map was pretty good, already expecting more fun slaughter-y-ish-whatever from the rest of the maps. Bye.

4 hours ago, Salt-Man Z said:

If you liked DTWID, be sure to give DTWID: Lost Levels a try. There's so much great stuff that didn't make the final project. 

Oh yeaaaah that was a thing too! Downloading it ASAP! Thank you~

EDIT: I didn't expect 53 levels!

I was playing Sunder but I gave up at the final battle of The zealous machine. They were literally coming out of the fu**ing walls and the only source of ammo was behind hundred of enemies. Now I'm playing again Hellbound. I need something easier and atmospheric after that chaos

replaying bloody steel. godlike set, especially map 04 with its convincing outdoor sprawl and snipe-y gameplay which totally suits me.

one thing with sets like these is that you're guaranteed not to get any boring spacetech corridors

Playing Requiem, UV continuous. Level 3 is an absolute pig....

Edited by Summer Deep

Just finished playing strife, enjoyed it a fair bit. Great level design even if it did get a bit confusing. Not sure I liked most of the weapons thou.

Memento Mori 2 on UV -fast *heart eye emoji*

Literally Memento Mori 1 but better in nearly every way.

I've just finished my final video on the Old Map Compilation, which felt like I'd finally caught up with 1995... Albeit 7 years late. Making these videos gave me a wave of nostalgia, so I went back to some of the WADs I remember from way back when and played Yakworld, Doom in Tibet, Hoover Dam and Villa. They all stood up well to my memories of them and provided more challenge than I expected (aside from Yakworld, which was actually surprisingly easy). I may need to check out the rest of what Mike Reed made and see if Keith Sheehan ever went on to create anything else.

Playing Drown in Blood with op guns, because multiplayer experiences were quite bad. Enjoying so far. 

Yesterday I downloaded Alpha Accident to play with crispy, it's for Ultimate Doom, just not your usual episode replacement... First map was really good-looking, nostalgia feelings came to my body.

I just started playing Heretic last night. Got through 3 levels and halfway through a 4th I think. It's pretty fun and I bet it will be more fun once I get the swing of things (This is my first post, hello everyone.)

Started playing NeoDoom: Vaccinated Edition today with High Noon Drifter and DoomRLA Monsters for a little added flavor in enemy variety.

Finished the lost episodes for the "DOOM the way ID did" and i just began "No end in sight". All i can say is damn, @Xaser, E1M7 - Biosphere is one of the best Ult Doom map i've played in a long time.

15 hours ago, Shanoa said:

Finished the lost episodes for the "DOOM the way ID did" and i just began "No end in sight". All i can say is damn, @Xaser, E1M7 - Biosphere is one of the best Ult Doom map i've played in a long time.

Dang, only a week to do the Lost Episodes? You're a friggin' machine! :)

1 hour ago, Salt-Man Z said:

Dang, only a week to do the Lost Episodes? You're a friggin' machine! :)

Ya, lately i've been setting aside time specifically for DOOM, i haven't really played anything console related. It's one or the other and i'm in need of my DOOM fix as of late. ;)

Currently playing Jenesis by Jimmy Paddlock, using GlBoom+ on my usual settings HMP and continuous with restrictions, first map was a fun appetizer and a bit longer typical starters, only complaint was all those imps on ledges and the symmetrical four turret revs that were screaming for a non-existing secret crusher. The second map was kind of a bastard, lots of hitscanners and revenants, some Plutonia vibes which was really cool. And map 03 turns out to be also in FreeDoom 2, for whatever reason, and it was an easy ride thanks to foreknowledge. 

New megawad for me... Ultimate Simplicity! which I really should of played when it came out but for some reason didn't. 

Playing jthfixv3.wad with High Noon Drifter, DoomRLA Monsters, LegenDoom Lite, and the Doom Ambiance Music Pack.

Were it not for the fact that I have Infinite Basilissa Summon turned On, map 32 would have been impossible for me to beat with its 3000+ monster count and my FPS taking massive hits, heh.

I downloaded a bunch of wads to keep me "busy" for a while, the first one to play is Real World with crispy, I don't know what it is about or when it was made (no date info in the .txt), seems to be 90's oriented, or made in the 90's (???) whatever, could be fun.

Playing JPCP with Final Doomer. I'm really impressed by how well this mod works, considering how unusual are the new weapons.

I'm attempting Pizza Steve again with the Doom Incarnate mod. Dual wielding BFG's should make maneuvering the maps easier (save for a map bug in map 04 where you have to either noclip to hit a switch to lower the yellow key or just give yourself all of the keys; that's about as far as I got last time before I quit).

EDIT: Map 04 of Pizza Steve isn't broke, I just didn't wallhump enough. :V Progression through this megaWAD is kind of obtuse.

Edited by Nems

So in these days I played Tangerine Nightmare, beautiful wad, hope someday it will be on idgames. 

And now I'm going to play Khorus' Speedy Shit with Crispy, as I don't think I've ever played a wad from his (her? theirs?), aside from a map in Unholy Realms. The first maps were no jokes, limited health and ammo plus some dangerous enemy placement. Super bite-sized maps are not my thing, but this seems to be fun.