Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lizardcommando

Kung Pow....... SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Who here agrees with me that Kung Pow sucked? I mean seriously, I thought the movie was going to be like Space Balls, but no! They just dubbed the damn thing and added scenes. How fucking stupid is that? Man, the worst thing about it is that there already gonna make a fucking sequal to it too! I hope there won't be another movie as bad as that (I totally doubt that)...

wow...you needed to see it to realize that?

Yeah, seriously. I can tell how retarded that movie is just by watching the preview. Fuck, I thought Bob Saget was the star at first.

from the commercials I thought it was some attempt at a comedy for 10 year olds.

kung-pao chicken rules.

Heh, in Britain the name has been basradised, so now it's 'Kung Po' chicken, lol

I don't even know what you people are talking about. So I guess I'm lucky.

Yep. Quite lucky.

Yes.......................... I thought it would be a half-assed Space-Balls style movie. I never knew the dubbed the damn thing...................... Space Balls is funny, even if it was from the 80's or something....

9 out of 10 movies that come out nowadays aren't worth the 8 bucks to see them in the theater, nor the 2 bucks to rent them. However, they'll get reviews as "heartwarming", "two thumbs up", etc.

The main cause of this is quite obvious: stupidity. Any person that goes to see a movie like Crossroads or Snow Dogs expecting to get their money's worth, and actually enjoying the movie, is most likely one of the following:

A) an absolute retard
B) a prep/jock
C) so caught up in cheesy pop culture that their minds have
been totally assimilated by societal standards
D) all of the above

Take the money that you would have wasted on some idiotic movie and buy a cactus or something.

My thoughts exactly.

9 out of 10 movies that come out nowadays aren't worth the 8 bucks....

You must live in a place where the cost of living is high. Where I'm at, the most a movie costs is about $5.50.

I was referring to the Sony IMAX theaters in my area.
The local theater charges something like $6, but it's a rat-infested shithole of a movie theater if I've ever seen one. On the rare occasion that I go to a movie, I'd prefer not to sit in month old popcorn with my feet stuck to the inch-thick layer of human filth on the floor, watching a dull brown screen with foot-long gouges in it from god knows what, and being "immersed" in the "high quality" sound that churns itself out of the system with all the digital clarity of a boatload of wild hyenas being thrown into a wood chipper one by one.

9 out of 10 movies that come out nowadays aren't worth the 8 bucks....

You must live in a place where the cost of living is high.

I dunno, everybody I know says they're $8 too. There's still the cheap theaters which play old old movies for $2, but they usually aren't that great.

You might as well gone to the theaters to see Horse Whisperer or Crossroads. They look more entertaining than Kung Pow, which in the commercial has a fucking cow shooting milk at some fucknose doing a Matrix rip off.

Or maybe they're ripping off Max Payne which was ripping off Shrek which was ripping off Scary Movie which was ripping off the Matrix which was ripping off Blade. Could be.

Stupid fucking gimmicks. It's easier than making compelling gameplay or original humor.

99.999% of all movies aren't worth $1, let alone the $6.50 it costs to go see them, or the $4 it costs for a 20oz cup of pop, or the $9 it costs for a large tub of popcorn, or the self-esteem your going to fire into the ground like a rocket when you're in a theater with people that ENJOY these fucking trite pieces of shit.

The only two movies I've seen in the past year that I can recommend are The Lord Of The Rings (excellent) and Black Hawk Down (just good).

yea i will say, speaking of pop culture shit look at the movie "a walk to remeber". more MTV/brainwashing, popculture, mind fucking, dog shit to feed the already bloated stomach of pop star wannabe's everywere. man there are so many lame ass movies out now. only a few sound alright at best.

The only two movies I've seen in the past year that I can recommend are The Lord Of The Rings (excellent) and Black Hawk Down (just good).

Those two movies were awesome, I love those two movies! Great storylines (even though BHD was based on a true story) and cool graphics. Man I wish I didn't see Kung Pow... the sequel better get cancelled, it's already caused my brain to melt just thinking about it....

Everyone I know is telling me to see that Black Hawk Down movie, so I guess my mind is made up. I'd also like to see that new Mothman Prophecies, as well. Supposedly it is based on true events, but I'm a bit suspicious after that stupid Blair Witch "based on true events" bullshit.

I just saw Dark City and Blade for the first time the other day, and would anyone like to know what I discovered? Here's the basic formula:

Existenz + Dark City + Blade = The Matrix

Damn! So much for originality. Oh well, at least the effects were good...

Speaking of Blade, I hope Blade II fares as well as the first...

2 movies that are also over hyped would be godzilla, come on it was a cover for a dopey love story with a 1000 foot mutant iguana. also save the last dance was over hyped around here by all the brittney loving girls. however the worst movie i have heard of was... the power rangers movie, what a pice of shit

come on it was a cover for a dopey love story

Such are almost all movies with good potential since Independence Day.

I saw the Kung Pow previews, and I didn't find a single scene even mildly amusing, except for the gopher-chucks thing. But that was just because it fit right in with this inside joke among my friends and I. It fit in so well it was almost eerie...

My friend dragged me to Brotherhood of the Wolf. I was expecting to see one of those generic shit werewolf flicks... but instead it was an awesome in-your-face fight movie with a haunting theme. The cinemetography was very impressive.

I hate the movie theatres!!!!!

I hate the hight ticket prices ($10 average)

This is the only good theatre in my city.

Saw LotR there last saturday. $5.00, real butter on the popcorn, not "topping", and the old theatre feel you don't get at movieplexes.

You had to actually go and see it to tell that it would stupid? I knew it was stupid the first time I saw the preview on TV :P