Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

So who here plays Quake Live?

I think this might have been asked before. But if it was it was quite a while ago.

I've got a bunch of Doomers on my friends list on QL. But none of them are from my side of the pond (Europe) so it's pretty much out of the question to play with them. I've had a game or two with Jorto Badfingers and Capoptromancy. But the latency is rather annoying for me.

Anyway. I'm curious who else here plays Quake Live. I found out last month that an IRL friend of mine played it for quite a while and that we never knew eachother played even though as it turned out we had faced up on a few occasions.

If there's enough people playing, maybe we could have a friendly DW tournament. :p

I tried it once but I just couldn't get into it. Didn't help that a lot of the people I was playing with tended to be complete assholes.

I played it for a while and it was fun enough, but it now keeps crashing out every time I try to update it, so I just stick to Quake 3.

I got a bit fed up with it after a while. I think the main reason was that the player balancing system was a bit dodgy. usually I would be dumped into a deathmatch full of noobs and one or two pro players, so I would always end up somewhere like 2nd or 3rd place because one or two players dominated while the rest were cannon fodder, and I was stuck somewhere in the middle. :/

Edited by Captain Toenail

Yeah. I rediscover it every few months. Very average skill though. "negke"

They've recently made adjustments to the skill matching system. At first the games are indeed unbalanced sometimes, but after a number of completed matches, it seems to get a fairly good idea about one's level. More or less anyway.

I tried at launch, but I was one of the unfortunate souls who would get tossed out of every game for a minute because PunkBuster is a whiny bitch. Never managed to fix it, so I sorta gave up on the thing after a few weeks.

Hmm, I might pick it up again if things are fixed-like, though my old account probably isn't there any more.

Technician said:

I played it a lot. I haven't played it since it's gone retail.

It's not actually retail now. It just went out of Beta. But, why not?

The Lag said:

i play it often: runTerror

Pity you're american. :p But I can recommend you trying out playing QL.TV's community event KOTH some time.

Xaser said:

I tried at launch, but I was one of the unfortunate souls who would get tossed out of every game for a minute because PunkBuster is a whiny bitch. Never managed to fix it, so I sorta gave up on the thing after a few weeks.

Hmm, I might pick it up again if things are fixed-like, though my old account probably isn't there any more.

Well, a lot has changed since then. You should try it again.

Negke: Sent you a friend invite, though it seem like you mostly play FFA.

I play, or...its been quite a while since last time I logged in though. I`ll probably play more sometime soon`ish. I have these periods (lol) where I play alot, or dont play at all.

NeverIsForever is my nick. Norway/Europe, yes :)

edit: oh yes, I only play CA hahaha. I dont have the patience to play DM and stuff like that anymore (not since my Q2 days, actually). I just want all weapons and ammo right from the beginning :P

yet another edit: not that I`m like...a Quake God or something, but dont look at my accuracy and shit :P As I said play mostly (by far) CA, and that involves quite a bit of spamming (rl jumps etc). :P

I play QL every few days or so. Some servers have some freindly people actually. Good chats during the carnage. There are a few assholes and sore losers who blame people of hax0ring every once in a while, but still some good players.

I play under the name of: Clonehunter

Some things never change.

There used to be a good Japan community before the big update where they introduced premium maps, etc. Servers are deserted now. :-(

kristus said:

Negke: Sent you a friend invite, though it seem like you mostly play FFA.

My statistics are biased towards FFA because I played it a lot during the beta. Recently I tried to get back into CA, but I certainly wouldn't mind some DW duels or team modes (though I suck at CTF).

Cool. I mostly play Duels, but I enjoy TDM and some CTF as well. Though TDM is the one I excel most at between those two.

Thinking of going to Dreamhack summer so I can watch the QL TDM tournament there live as it is something of a momentous occasion being the first internation LAN tournament since 2002 in TDM.

I play QL, only or, mostly CA for all the action and low amount of teabag-rape-cunt assholes, I hate duels, especially when there's a QUAD around, remove the megahealth and red armour then we can start talk duels.

my nick is GnarKill
I play in frankfurth servers for the good png but lately stockholm has some servers for QL :) getting exellent 17 ping
I live in Sweden

kristus vs. D_GARG

Send me demos

EDIT: oh right. I haven't played since July last year when I was on holiday in Sweden. But I still watch dozens of hours of matches. I reckon there'd still be close games, kristus. :p

D_GARG said:

I play QL, only or, mostly CA for all the action and low amount of teabag-rape-cunt assholes, I hate duels, especially when there's a QUAD around, remove the megahealth and red armour then we can start talk duels.

Uhm, det är inga Quads i Duel. Sen har jag aldrig träffat någon som är Teabaggare i Duel. Finns inte tid till sånt trams. Måste ju kontrollera kartan ffs. :p

And in english:
Uhm, there's no Quads in Duel. Also, I've never met anyone who's a teabagger in Duel. There's no time for nonsense like that. You gotta keep that mapcontrol ffs. :p

---
I suppose there are teabaggers in duel, but those guys must be playing at such a low level that there's no form of strategy or tactic involved. Other than, walk around map like a zombie, aim and fire like crazy at the other guy when you see him. And in the case of you being ever so lucky to score a frag, stand on him and TB until he respawns and kills your stupid ass. :p

Khorus said:

Send me demos

I doubt he'd be willing, seeing as he only play CA.

Khorus said:

EDIT: oh right. I haven't played since July last year when I was on holiday in Sweden. But I still watch dozens of hours of matches. I reckon there'd still be close games, kristus. :p

Maybe, maybe. Though I've raised the bar on my game quite a bit since then I think. ;)

oyea I meant rather rape than teabag, but thats almost the same thing, at least in the same league

D_GARG said:

oyea I meant rather rape than teabag, but thats almost the same thing, at least in the same league

How do you figure? If someone rapes you in a game, it's because they are so much better at it than you. If they tea bag you it's because they're 12yo idiots.

if they notice that they're So Much better, then why play like completely boring not giving a single chance or even play vs a highly lower skilled in duel? a players skill compared to skill of your own is so easy to notice how close it is.

so yea far too many play like assholes

thats why you play CA instead of duel or TDM
too much map control setts the entire game, so you play maybe 10 minutes then the entire match is already set and currently losing team can just leave the match, not fun for any player in such a game

Haven't played it since it was in beta. Might try playing it again one day when I feel like it.

I play on very rare occasions, usually when I'm too bored to do anything else. Also I really suck at the game. Name is "Mechadon".