Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yellowmadness54

another DOOM 4 thread

They recently said they are shifting their attention to casual gamers according to an article which was a Q and A by them, I really hope this is untrue because ID is one of the few gaming companies I still have hope in.

Violator said:

They recently said they are shifting their attention to casual gamers according to an article which was a Q and A by them, I really hope this is untrue because ID is one of the few gaming companies I still have hope in.

Oh no, ID wouldn't.

If they do, I'll start a snuff film series entitled "killing the CoD fags that ruined doom"

jk, but I'll be pissed and start trolling the CoD forums and phishing CoD fanboys accounts on facebook.

What's CoD got to do with Doom anyway? CoD isn't a casual game either, mainstream, yes. Casual, no.

I'm pretty sure id was referring to their plans for iPhone games in the future. Don't worry, I'm sure Doom4 isn't going to be a Wii shovelware :P

Clonehunter said:

Doom 4 will be a Facebook game. I know it to be true.

nah, facebook steals there games from newgrounds and gives it a new name and some add like "i bet you cant get passed level 1! play this awesome browser based *_____* game!"

DOOM4 will be a newgrounds game, I know it to be true.

Doom 4 needs less story line.

Doom 3 had a small story line, it was cool for filler... But let's be honest it's just like putting extra stitches into clothing, you don't need it but it's just there. Plus, less story line means less Cinematics to help explain it, in the original Doom I had no damn clue what the story line even was until I actually read the game's Manual, but I still didn't even care.

Wasn't there some interview with John Carmack that quickly got pulled about the way that Doom 4 characters would walk?

Yeah. Apparently the civilians will have a less professional stance when firing weapons and throwing grenades compared to the military characters. That's all I really remember.

UnendingRequiem said:

HERETIC!

The Quake sounds were awful. The damn scream your guy made when hitting acid water annoyed the shit out of me. And the weapons sounded very underpowered, like the Doom 3 guns. No big blast noise.

na Quake had sweet sounds, really up to even Quake 3 all Id's games had memorable and iconic sounds.

I still hear Quad Damage at night.

Clonehunter said:

The Quake sounds were awful. The damn scream your guy made when hitting acid water annoyed the shit out of me. And the weapons sounded very underpowered, like the Doom 3 guns. No big blast noise.

The gibbing noises were just bizarre, as well. I have no idea what they were trying to sound like.

I love the ripping & tearing gibbing sounds in Quake as well as the splat & bounce gibbing sounds in Quake 3 Arena.

I didn't like the quake sounds very much.

The super shotgun was O.K., but the main shotgun sounded really weak. I definitely like the doom sounds better, even minor things like the pickup sounds and lift sounds are more defined and noticeable, the quake sounds kind of blended into the atmosphere.

EDIT - Didn't notice that this was my first post on here, I thought I posted here when I first registered, but that must have been just to look up Romero.

Anyway, hi!

Welcome to DW. Obey the pony overlords or DIE.

And Quake's sounds are okay. Nothing really special, but they're not bad, either.
Quake 2's sounds, however, are fucking boss. And everything else 'bout the game.

this thread is still alive?
Anyways, no, no, I have to agree, other than that cool quad damage noise, everything noise wise in quake was bad.

The screaming when you were hurt was humorous at best, and the noises of other things too, IE the grunts.

The zombies had good sound though, that moaning always kept me on edge in watery areas where they fester about.

I'm excluding the background noise and ambience, though. I like the atmosphereic noises.