Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
omegamer

Idea fora WAD: Hell on Phobos

Hey guys,

after a few months break from Doom (that sic I know who wants a break from Doom???)-I decided to make a new WAD (WoW!!!A NEW WAD!!!OMG!!!)
This is the idea I had for this WAD and I just wanted to know if you like it:
A few maps (2-4) using the Doom2 IWAD running under Doom2 Cfg (so a classic Doom2 wad) that has the style of the first Doom1 Episode and a "Hellish" touch (thats why its name is Hell on Phobos) like Episode3 or Episode4.

I know the idea isn´t very special but I just wanted to ask if you like the idea.

Yes, I´ll use it.
I just think about how the first map should start.
I have no ideas.
Maybe generate one with OBLIGE and then edit it by hand.
Is that a good idea?

No idea... I don't even know what OBLIGE is or does. I thought it was a doom port.

My suggestion would be to aim to make your hellish e1 maps (personally, i think it would be better to just make e2 style maps--not sure how compelling e1 styled maps with elements of hell would be) and then populate them with mostly doom stock monsters, using the other ones more sparingly, especially the big ones like mancubus. No mancubus hoardes here.

omegamer said:

Nevermind...just have no ideas how the start should look...

it should have a low ceiling (72) and then 256+ ceilings around. I will make you a start real quick.

sounds cool, like, instead of doom marine going to hell, hell goes to doom marine...

I should attempt this

We could make a WAD like this all together like a community project, of course with some rules like Boom compatility or however its written.FCK
Of course I have to finish my Nostalgic E1 first, but after that we could make a "Hell on Phobos" Community Project.