Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marcaek

Looking for the Odessa series by Bob Evans

Scattered amongst my shovelware CDs are ODESSA_1.WAD (with text), ODESSA12.WAD (wad only) and ODESS_13.WAD (with text). Two of them - possibly the entire series - are from a 17 map wad called LORDDOOM.WAD which may or may not have been uploaded to Compuserve. Don't know if I dare post a download link for these given what the Copyright / Permissions section says.

You MAY NOT distribute this WAD file in any format. Available only on Compuserve for downloading.

Bob Evans obviously hadn't considered the possibility that Compuserve might someday cease to exist in the form he knew.

What are the shovelware cd names? I have Maximum Doom, and D!Zone 1 and 2.

Though it's more for the "Doom archaeology" goal than to actually play them, there are too many good wads I'm too lazy to play as it is.

EDIT:

Creaphis said:

At least /idgames will never die.

And I mean never.

The next disc full of human history we send to space should have /idgames/ on it. (and the Iwads too, or a link to the Steam store page for Doom)

phi108 said:

What are the shovelware cd names?

The CDs are "Level-ROM" (from Germany) which contains ODESSA12.WAD and ODESS_13.WAD without text files, and "Demon Gate Mega Collection" which contains ODESSA_1.WAD and ODESS_13.WAD with text files.

phi108 said:

What are the shovelware cd names? I have Maximum Doom, and D!Zone 1 and 2.

Don't forget DEATH MATCH: THE ULTIMATE GAME PLAYER'S KIT (which, despite the title, has non-Deathmatch levels on it, too).

Megamur said:

Don't forget DEATH MATCH: THE ULTIMATE GAME PLAYER'S KIT

I have that 2CD set and there are no Odessa WADs on it. So what are you talking about?

Damn - I was going to suggest he search the CDs (examining every map) and report back when he's found some. ;-)

sorry, but i had to resurrect this dead thread! i have 37 shovelware .iso, but only odessa_1 (or x as it is called in the .txt) and odess_13 show up. extensive googling fails to uncover lorddoom or bob evans info :( anybody knowledgable on this subject can contact me or post here. PLEASE!

I'm pretty sure Ty will reject them due to the permissions statement. I've discussed this with him in the past. Ty knew Bob Evans, and tried to contact him, but to no avail.