Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ClumsyWizard

Doom 2 CD question

Recommended Posts

I found at a garage sale for about $1 is a Doom 2 CD. No box, just the jewel case. Minor scuffs on the disc, but nothing damaging.

I am wondering if this is worth something, or if it's just another neat find that needs to collect dust before being worth a lot.

Share this post


Link to post

The French version is the only collectable one I know of, the others are still way to commonplace to be valuable but for $1 that's worth keeping - if only as proof you haven't pirated the game. ;-)

Share this post


Link to post

I'd have to be literally living under a bridge to sell any of my stuff for $1, specially a Doom CD, as common as it may be. What does that get you these days anyways? a coke?

Share this post


Link to post

Ah, thanks.

I was curious because I found out one of the Xbox games I own that I bought for $7 from GameStop is worth way more than what I paid for, and in the used condition it is in.. It is worth a bit less than the $85 new.

Share this post


Link to post

The worth of a video game CD is very subjective. Its actual worth is probably quite low (as in next to nothing) because of the number of these things that are laying around. It wasn't that long ago that I saw Doom for sell at Wallmart.

Share this post


Link to post
Preliatus said:

I was curious because I found out one of the Xbox games I own that I bought for $7 from GameStop is worth way more than what I paid for, and in the used condition it is in.. It is worth a bit less than the $85 new.

what game? i must know

Share this post


Link to post

I'm curious too.

Usually when I sell games at Gamestop, they only give me like a couple dollars per game. I sold off about $200 worth of PS1/PS2 shit (over 20 games), and they only gave me like $40. Of course it was like 5 years ago and the games weren't that great, but still, I feel like I got ripped off.

Share this post


Link to post
GreyGhost said:

The French version is the only collectable one I know of, the others are still way to commonplace to be valuable but for $1 that's worth keeping - if only as proof you haven't pirated the game. ;-)


This, and the german version, which is a collectible too, but nowhere as rare as the french version.

Share this post


Link to post
EarthQuake said:

I'm curious too.

Usually when I sell games at Gamestop, they only give me like a couple dollars per game. I sold off about $200 worth of PS1/PS2 shit (over 20 games), and they only gave me like $40. Of course it was like 5 years ago and the games weren't that great, but still, I feel like I got ripped off.

sorry for double post.

But the reason you got $40 is because of the chances those games were likely to sell again or how much they were actually worth at the time.

For example, I bought ghost recon on xbox for $10, however since it does not sell well at all, I only recieved about 50-90 cents back.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×