Mr. Freeze

Counter Strike: Source

Anyone else play? I'm usually on these two servers:

Reverse Gungame: 64.34.183.101:27015
24/7 Office: 64.34.181.243:27015

SteamID: subliminaldelta

In-Game name is my forum username.

lupinx-Kassman said:

It is a game I play on and off. Currently on an off period, but this thread sort of re-sparked my interest.

I'm on weekday nights at around 7PM EST. I'll be on tonight if you or anyone else wants to play.

I need to take a look at the particulars when I get back on Steam, but my SteamID should be blanketboy25 . If that's not the handle I'm using in game then it's "Kirby<("<)". I still play occasionally, so I'll add you to the almighty friends list

I suppose I might as well post my steam id. It is "KassXenon". I added mr. freeze but-

Kirby said:

I need to take a look at the particulars when I get back on Steam, but my SteamID should be blanketboy25 . If that's not the handle I'm using in game then it's "Kirby<("<)". I still play occasionally, so I'll add you to the almighty friends list

Neither of these worked =P.

Mr. Freeze said:

I'm on weekday nights at around 7PM EST. I'll be on tonight if you or anyone else wants to play.

I would play with you if it werent for these two issues
1. It costs money.
2. My computer most likely wont handle it well.

yellowmadness54 said:

1. It costs money.

You don't have Counter-Strike?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

yellowmadness54 said:

1. It costs money.

1. hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
2. AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I did give CS a try once but I just couldn't get into it. For one, the community is fucking terrible. Last server I did try was filled with nothing but faggots complaining about campers while camping themselves, calling eachother noobs, and of course as with all source games: One massive douchebag playing shitty music over his mic.

Man, Counter Strike. I haven't played that in a while. I used to play it infrequently with UD, and before that in high school. I spent most of my allowance playing that on the LAN at the local Wizards of the Coast, back when they had retail stores (RIP).

I'm more of a Team Fortress kind of guy, but I'd be interested. I think my Steam profile name is Danarchy.

Heh most of the time I spent with Counter Strike was pretty damn frustrating. I really hate it when I round a corner only to be killed instantly because some guy shot my big toe with the AWP sniper rifle. It's also pretty damn annoying when you have to wait 15-20 more minutes to play again because the last two people alive are busy camping.

I used to play CS:S alot, racked up over 500 hrs, now I've discovered TF2 and don't play CS:S at all, will probably go back to it in time though.

Craigs said:

Heh most of the time I spent with Counter Strike was pretty damn frustrating. I really hate it when I round a corner only to be killed instantly because some guy shot my big toe with the AWP sniper rifle. It's also pretty damn annoying when you have to wait 15-20 more minutes to play again because the last two people alive are busy camping.

Yep!

Except in source nadrs are powered to the max. Use flash or smoke to get AWP campers and have fun. Ive never heard of a setver with an ovet 5mn limit.

yellowmadness54 said:

1. It costs money.

1. JOB. Get one.
2. Is your computer too old to even run XP? Even with the new source engine updates, you've got to have a total piece of shit to not be able to play a what, 7 year old game.

No wonder you only like DOS games.

yellowmadness54 said:

1. It costs money.

Dude, my fucking craptop can run this thing. And if you go into the GunGame server I listed, the small mapsize guarantees a decent FPS.

What I do is run these tweaks in the developer console.

r_eyes 0
r_teeth 0
cl_ejectbrass 0
cl_drawmonitors 0
mat_specular 0
r_draw3dsky 0
r_drawmodeldecals 0
r_drawflecks 0
bloodspray 0
phys_props_max 1
props_break_max_pieces 0

Boom, instant FPS inscrease. Makes sniping much easier, and this is coming from someone who is totally sniper-incompetent.

Xeros612 said:

2. Is your computer too old to even run XP? Even with the new source engine updates, you've got to have a total piece of shit to not be able to play a what, 7 year old game.

I was about to say, cs is almost 13 years old. but then realized cs:s is in fact 7 years old already. Jesus christ i'm fucking old...

Ah.. skipping lunch and saving the lunch money in middle school so I could buy Half-Life 2: Silver... what fun that was.