Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sergeant_Mark_IV

Brutal Doom version 18a

In certain maps with teleporting monsters, I've ran into problems with corpses taking up too much space and preventing other monsters from warping in and taking their place. One example of this is map 32 of Plutonia 2 (Go 4 It); By the time I reached the last section of the map there were at least 50 monsters stuck in their original chambers, despite having been alerted already, because there was too much gore and too many bodies. At this point the only way to be able to get 100% kills without using noclip is to kick and smash bodies until the area is clear for more monsters to warp in. This is especially annoying when I've had Spider Masters and Cybers who couldn't do their thing.

Jace Hall Show has used some footage of the fatalities. :) You hear two excited young guys scream it out of enjoyment while pulling of the arms of a chaingunsoldier and later in the show they burn an enemy with the lost soul throw :) I think its good promo for a MOD that modernizes the game DooM even more!

In the next episode even more finishing moves, Brutal DooM FTW!

Version 17 is out. Check download link.
It also features some mutators that can be loaded with Brutal Doom to change some stuff.

BDMutator_DannyGloverOriginalFuckYourself: Replaces the taunt sound with the original one used on early versions.

BDMutator_v16zombiesounds: Restores the advanced zombie sounds from v0.16

BDMutator_noscreeneffects: This mutator is made for people that complains about the blood and cracks on screen. This mutator removes all kind of effects that can spawn in the player's hud (Blood splashes, bullet holes, scratches, damage bloody screen etc.)

BDMutator_noreloadsV2: This mutator is made for people that says the reloading in Brutal Doom slows down the pace of the game. With this mutator, the weapons will no longer need to reload.
V2 fixes a bug in V1 of rocket launcher not working properly. Dont use the older version.

BDMutator_RestoreInvisibilityPowerup.pk3 restores the Invisibility Spheres of the original game, that were replaced by Rescuable Marines in Brutal Doom

BDMutator_PistolForBrutalDoomV2.pk3 was made by popular request. It replaces the starting Assault Rifle by a Pistol. The pistol can't aim down the sights, and needs to reload every 15 shoots, but it can fire as much fast as the player can press the trigger, and has a great accuracy.

BDMutator_SimpleWeapons.pk3 will make a more vanila-ish weapon settings. It removes alt attacks from all weapons (iron sights, minigun spin, plasma shotgun, etc.), it removes the MP40 dropped from Nazis, and weapons will not need to reload anymore. The Player will also move faster.

BDMutator_EasyMonsters.pk3 will stop monsters from using their new attacks (Baron of Hell's triple ball attack, Imp's pounce attack, Zombieman's continuous fire, etc.)

BDMutator_Noflares.pk3 will remove all flares and glow effects. I personally enjoy them and I think they make many effects look nice, but if you don't like them, or your GPU has problems to render them, use this.

I notice that when you launch a wad (In Zandronum or Skulltag) with Brutaldoom, the Partial Invisibility powerup is replaced with a tied-up Doomguy.
Dumb thing to ask but, is there any way you can make the tied-up Doomguy replace something less relevant? idk, maybe one of the Decorations that no one really uses, like Dead lost soul or some dead body Decoration (In Doom Builder)? Would really appreciate it.

Arclite said:

I notice that when you launch a wad (In Zandronum or Skulltag) with Brutaldoom, the Partial Invisibility powerup is replaced with a tied-up Doomguy.
Dumb thing to ask but, is there any way you can make the tied-up Doomguy replace something less relevant? idk, maybe one of the Decorations that no one really uses, like Dead lost soul or some dead body Decoration (In Doom Builder)? Would really appreciate it.

You know that the tied-up marine is actually a "powerup", because if you punch or kick him, you will set him free, and he will help you, do you know this?

But also, check the Downloads section in Moddb's page of Brutal Doom, and you will find a mutators pack. This pack includes a mutator that removes the tied-up marines and restore them as invisibility spheres.

Well I'll explain: I'm working on a Zandronum wad which is designed to be played with Brutaldoom, but I also want it to be viable for people who wish to play it without Brutaldoom, and in quite a few of the levels there's going to be tied-up marines, however, if people choose to play the wad WITHOUT Brutaldoom, they'll find a bunch of invisibility spheres in weird places. And I thought that if they found, say, some corpse or pool of blood instead, that they won't care :D.

I guess it's not that big of a deal, I'm just being picky.

This is very simple. Create the following actor via Decorate:

Actor CreateTiedUpMarine 73672 //(You can use any Thing number you want. This is just an example)
{
radius 1
height 1
States
{
Spawn:
TNT1 A 0
TNT1 A 0 A_SpawnItem("CapturedMarine")
Stop
}
}

Now place this thing "73672" instead the Invisibility Spheres. If you are playing with Brutal Doom, a captured Marine will spawn, if not, nothing happens.

Oh and something else...I recall in the previous version of Brutaldoom that the Hectebus (In Skulltag) was turned into a cyborg-type creature mounted on a tank, but now with the new version of Brutaldoom, the Hectebus no longer shows up in any of my maps.
Is this because of the new Brutaldoom version, or does it have something to do with Zandronum?

Love V17, not a fan of GZDoom but very excited to see new weapons pack add on!

I play BRUTAL for hours and hours, just my type of violence!!!!!!! RIP AND TEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sergeant_Mark_IV, suggestion for next mutators pack. Have the one liners said after a few kills automatically. I hate having to press the buttons to get them to be said. Takes away from me blasting people.

After a few monsters? That will get old real fast, maybe a 1\20 or 1\50 chance is more reasonable.

Also, check out my Brutal Video Vault in my sig. :P

Mr. Chris said:

After a few monsters? That will get old real fast, maybe a 1\20 or 1\50 chance is more reasonable.

Also, check out my Brutal Video Vault in my sig. :P

Duke Nukem style is what Im going for.

Excuse me for this annoying question, maybe it was discussed for dozen of times already, but still I couldn't find any solution and I'm not so proficient in technical side myself, so...
I have some problems with light, more specifically - effects from pickups and some decorations.
It appears that helmets and potions have "broken light clipping" - sprites just block the source of light effect. It's affected by distance and angle, so when getting close to an object, it works fine, but from side-view or distance - broken again.
Almost non-existent in original PWADs, but always present in non-vanilla style IWADs.
Messed with options in GZDoom(latest revision) - nothing helped.

Sergeek said:

Excuse me for this annoying question, maybe it was discussed for dozen of times already, but still I couldn't find any solution and I'm not so proficient in technical side myself, so...
I have some problems with light, more specifically - effects from pickups and some decorations.
It appears that helmets and potions have "broken light clipping" - sprites just block the source of light effect. It's affected by distance and angle, so when getting close to an object, it works fine, but from side-view or distance - broken again.
Almost non-existent in original PWADs, but always present in non-vanilla style IWADs.
Messed with options in GZDoom(latest revision) - nothing helped.

If it's the barrels, did you try sprite clipping always on?

Mr. Chris said:

I see that light clipping in IWADs as well as custom PWADs.

Yeah, I see this in IWADs too, but for some reason those glitches are rare in originals, but happen very often in custom maps.

BlackFish said:

If it's the barrels, did you try sprite clipping always on?

Can't say about barrels, but sprite clipping, billboards, every option available in "dynamic lights" sections don't help with pickups at all.

Hi!

im new to the forums but not new to brutal doom and i have a question for the creator who made this master piece!

playing brutal doom on zandronum i watch the loader execute the pk3 and when i look at the launcher loading up the game i see it saying there is a missing texture in the waterfall texture. and in D2 reloaded some of the water falls are blacked out.

i cant stop it so i can grab a copy of what exactly it is saying but its clear there is missing textures. i dont know if its my doom/doom2 wads or what but its something i thought you might want to know.

Doommarine said:

playing brutal doom on zandronum i watch the loader execute the pk3 and when i look at the launcher loading up the game i see it saying there is a missing texture in the waterfall texture. and in D2 reloaded some of the water falls are blacked out.

Copy/pasted from the readme of V17 (I assume that's your version)

This version is made to be played with GZDoom engine. Don't try to load it on Zandronum.

I love this mod, but I can't download v17, can you have a different link? ModDB won't load up for me, in other words, it crashes my browser. Thank you!

I've tried to play Final Doom on Zandronum 1.0 for V0.17 and it BSODs on me. It works fine with Doom 2 and Ultimate Doom, as far as I can tell. Anyone else had this problem? Might it have something to do with the fact that 1.0 has discontinued the use of skulltag_data.pk3?

Edit: BSOD happens with all Doom WADS, though not every time. Either I've installed Brutal Doom incorrectly or Zandronum doesn't like my computer for some reason. What is the proper way to install Brutal Doom on Zandronum? Might there be some issue with Zandronum being unable to consistently find the IWADS (they are all from Steam, so according to the instructions, there shouldn't be)?

Is there a mutator that stops the damage taken from point-blank deflection shots from weapons like the bullet-based weapons, Plasma Rifle, or the BFG? I hope there's at least one for the BFG. Certain spots in games (the new DTS-T's Gluttony section in the stage "Seven" for instance) really require point-blank bfg shots and this kills me, lol. Anyway, I freaking love this mod!

^Also, is there any option with brutal doom or at least GZDoom that can help speed the game up, at all (e.g., make the game less taxing on my system)? I notice that in maps with lots of creatures, they begin to lag only in Brutal Doom. I know it has to use more system resources (after all, these awesome effects have to come from somewhere), and I'm not complaining, but I was just curious if there was a mod or option that "turned something off" or whatever to help with this sort of thing.

I prefer the zandronum version of this mod, because it also has the skulltag weapons! More blood, more gore, stronger attacks, and other cool stuff! You could even have a Revenant's hellish missle launcher or a Mancubus's flame cannon, and even a sub-machinegun that the nazi's use! AWESOME! PIstol is now assault rifle, SSG can be used to fire one barrel at a time if you want, the BFG 9000 has a powerful feel to it, I like howthe plasma gun has a cool altfire, and the grenade launcher even has TWO grenade types; one that explodes when it hits even a texture, and the regular grenade as the altfire. HECK YEAH! Who would NOT like this wad? NOT ME. The zombiemen dropped assault rifles, you could use the assault rifle and shotgun and railgun and submachinegun to snipe, and everything does double damage, and so do the monsters! The cyberdemon battle also has a more "Epic feel" to it, because the cyberdemon shot more rockets per volley. I would continue the review, but now I have to rate this mod.

9999.99/10000!

are there a v 0.16 version there to download?? cause the new lighting effect in v 0.17 isn't good, i want to see if the v 0.16 suit me better cause the reason for downloading it is that i saw some good footage from youtube, so just to try and see how it felt.

thanks!!